Cyberoptic Option Implementation

+
Cyberoptic Option Implementation

It's pretty much a given at this point that the default perspective in the game is going to be Third Person Perspective with an option to switch to FPP. This thread is not about that.

There are numerous cyberoptic options available in Cyberpunk 2020.

There are your standard options, such as:

Time Square Marquee - this is your heads up display... it will have the mini-map, bio-monitor readings (health and what not), as well as be able to display simple scrolling text or small window graphics.

There is also the Targeting Scope - pretty self explanatory

However I believe the various options of these should be customizable, give us the ability to turn off the mini-map and other displays on our HUD, for the times we just want to revel in the scenery or moment. It would also be nice to have a couple of different styles of cross-hairs for the targeting scope...​

There are the enhanced vision options:

Low-Lite - your basic black and white night vision, best all around option, but will not work in complete darkness

Thermograph - sees heat signatures, a more powerful version of IR, allows seeing through certain walls and obstacles

Infra-red - A less powerful, but more detailed and clearer version of Thermograph [

Ultravioloet - Green filter, works in complete darkness, but requires its own light source to function, which can be traced back to user by anyone else with UV View attachment 573

There are also Tele-optics, which allow for telescopic zoom.

I believe the best way to implement these is to automatically switch to first person perspective when using them. This is already how every game ever handles binoculars and rifle scopes, so it wouldn't be out of place here...​

Digital camera options could be handled the same way, but since what gamers really love is taking pictures of themselves, perhaps it would be best to allow that function, if it is included, to be accessible from Third Person Perspective as well. I did love the camera option from Saints Row 3.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image216.jpg
    image216.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image217.jpg
    image217.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 78
Hm.

Targeting reticle: could either be "always on," indicating the character's focus / point of aim, or have an on / off toggle, where it comes up automatically when your character pulls a smartgun.

Low light / thermo / IR: should be easily accessible by a menu, and (if it's part of canon; I can't recall at the moment...) you should be able to run several options concurrently.

Telescopic should just zoom in on current point of focus (leaving your Times Square marquee behind.)

The map shouldn't show up without Times Square and enemy locations on said map should only pop with sonar/radar or the seismic foot implants..

...meh?

Google maps, GPS, etc. Be kind of hard to justify "no maps" without that cyberoptic upgrade.

Though, for an "always on," sure; so you don't have to stop and look at your smartphone.

...meh?

Google maps, GPS, etc. Be kind of hard to justify "no maps" without that cyberoptic upgrade.

Though, for an "always on," sure; so you don't have to stop and look at your smartphone.

I only meant for an always on item in the HUD. I couldn't imagine the zero cyber crowd being too happy if they had no access to the map. The neo-luddites can still check their smartphones and what-not.

If its not from the black market or have an override chip, will corporations be able to watch what you are doing? Conspiracy wise.

I only meant for an always on item in the HUD. I couldn't imagine the zero cyber crowd being too happy if they had no access to the map. The neo-luddites can still check their smartphones and what-not.
On that: I think checking your smartphone (or accessing anything through your smartphone) should happen in real-time. In real life, the world doesn't stop when you're looking up an address on Google maps or your GPS, so why should it in-game?

I think this also presents the possibilities for triggering random events...

I don't think we can safely assume anything about viewpoint until they confirm which it will be. All good ideas though, except switching to FP during enhanced vision modes. How will melee be done in FP? What about shooting over cover? Or would these not be an option when using enhanced vision?

On that: I think checking your smartphone (or accessing anything through your smartphone) should happen in real-time. In real life, the world doesn't stop when you're looking up an address on Google maps or your GPS, so why should it in-game?

I think this also presents the possibilities for triggering random events...

Boardpunk YoGangers doing a skate-by phone snatching would be hilarious.

What about shooting over cover?
At a complete guess: I'd imagine they might use a similar mechanic to Gears of War / GTA IV, where you can sort of blind-fire, with all the benefits of bad accuracy.

In first person, you'd (presumably) be able to see your targets through cover. Again, pure speculation.

Hm.

Targeting reticle: could either be "always on," indicating the character's focus / point of aim, or have an on / off toggle, where it comes up automatically when your character pulls a smartgun.

Low light / thermo / IR: should be easily accessible by a menu, and (if it's part of canon; I can't recall at the moment...) you should be able to run several options concurrently.

Telescopic should just zoom in on current point of focus (leaving your Times Square marquee behind.)

You can't use low light and thermo at the same time, but you could use low light and tele-optics at the same time. Basically low-light, thermo, IR, UV, etc... are filters... the zoom operates separately, and TSM is a general overlay displaying relevant information.

I don't think we can safely assume anything about viewpoint until they confirm which it will be. All good ideas though, except switching to FP during enhanced vision modes. How will melee be done in FP? What about shooting over cover? Or would these not be an option when using enhanced vision?

At a complete guess: I'd imagine they might use a similar mechanic to Gears of War / GTA IV, where you can sort of blind-fire, with all the benefits of bad accuracy.

In first person, you'd (presumably) be able to see your targets through cover. Again, pure speculation.

I really hate the whole blind fire thing anyway... in either version, if you want to shoot from cover you should have to poke your head out... unless of course you get a gun cam, then you first person zoom, but with the gun as POV... that could actually make for a really great mechanic...

The map shouldn't show up without Times Square and enemy locations on said map should only pop with sonar/radar or the seismic foot implants..

HUDs should be the default for anyone with cyber eyes or even glasses. If you want the tactical options like seeing guys yeah you should probably spend some bucks on improving your interface.

If its not from the black market or have an override chip, will corporations be able to watch what you are doing? Conspiracy wise.

I like this idea! Choice and Consequence should affect everything.

For example,buying augmentations from Tai Yong Medical while you're working for their rival corporation Sarif is just begging for them to mess with you cyberware or if you betray or leave the corporation you're working for while still having their cyberware on you'd get some weird stuff going on with your cyberware.

I want them to do it in a subtle way. If you're going to some location that you've never been to yet but it's marked on your map.The map will glitch changing the location without you knowing and you'd walk into a trap.

Just shows how you're too dependent on technology.

There was this cool gadget Metal Gear:peacewalker had where it represented sound visually as circles and a number. You'd stop observe the circle and see what it was. If you see them in succession it could be footprints which means there's a soldier there.

It's a lot better than the see through walls bullshit we get in DE:HR and Hitman Absolution.

I like this idea! Choice and Consequence should affect everything.

For example,buying augmentations from Tai Yong Medical while you're working for their rival corporation Sarif is just begging for them to mess with you cyberware or if you betray or leave the corporation you're working for while still having their cyberware on you'd get some weird stuff going on with your cyberware.

I want them to do it in a subtle way. If you're going to some location that you've never been to yet but it's marked on your map.The map will glitch changing the location without you knowing and you'd walk into a trap.

Just shows how you're too dependent on technology.

I would really rather they no do something like this... as the implications would really be pretty disastrous. What you are suggesting would require Cyber to be online, which would make it hackable. Which would mean Netrunners could just stop peoples cyber hearts, make them blind, etc... sounds fun in a game world, until you realize Netrunners are just people too, and people are douchebags, and pretty much everyone with cyber would be dead or disabled in a week.

There was this cool gadget Metal Gear:peacewalker had where it represented sound visually as circles and a number. You'd stop observe the circle and see what it was. If you see them in succession it could be footprints which means there's a soldier there.

It's a lot better than the see through walls bullshit we get in DE:HR and Hitman Absolution.

Thermograph exists, its used quite frequently by police and military. But what you suggest doesn't sound necessarily bad, it sounds kind of cool.

I will love to this not have HUD's!!! Really i preferred to enjoy the visualization of the feel the games is going to bring to us that my eyes start to be bothering by "awesome" HUD's that really bothers. I preferred a smooth ones. and better with no even a mini map in the screen. I preferred to have only my character and the world in screen.

I will love to this not have HUD's!!! Really i preferred to enjoy the visualization of the feel the games is going to bring to us that my eyes start to be bothering by "awesome" HUD's that really bothers. I preferred a smooth ones. and better with no even a mini map in the screen. I preferred to have only my character and the world in screen.

I agree. I really hope they start you off without a HUD and that it can be bought later on in the game.

I would really rather they no do something like this... as the implications would really be pretty disastrous. What you are suggesting would require Cyber to be online,.

No but they would have a kill switch thing for the stuff the corporations give to you as their agent just so you can't be a liability in the future. I guess only your cyberware will be online to the corporation and only they could mess with it.

They already did the scenario you said in DE:HR

I like HUDs and find'em very helpful don't get me wrong. But I also think you shouldn't have it until you get it installed or use gear (like the goggles cops had in teaser) and even then you of course should have differences between HUDs.

Top Bottom