[Cyberpsycho at Totentanz] Skill Shard Bug?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
So, I just defeated that psycho nearby Malström's Totentanz club.

When he's defeated (not dead), he has a skill shard for Breach Protocol. But after picking it up I cannot find it in my backpack.
I've picked up other skill shards before (e.g. +400 hand guns) and it worked. Is there a trick about this specific shard?
It doesn't seem to matter weither or not I've completed the quest.
Maybe it's supposed to replace an element in the skill tree, which I already got enabled?

What do you mean "picking it up"? Skill shards, you learn right away. They give some skill experience when picked, and that's that.

Hi, as the above post says, you learn skill shards immediately. There is a fault where 2 shards appear on one particular instance. This, perhaps, is what the Op means. The unfortunate thing about the shards in general is that I waste most of them as the skill is at max until raise the ability. I wish we could use them as needed or at least "bank" them.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hm, I think the first skill shard (+400 hand gun) landed in the backpack and I had to consume it manually. When picking up the shard from the defeated Psycho I didn't get a notification that my skill has improved. I also noticed that notifications about picking up other new items were delayed until the quest had been finished.

How can I make sure that it's not a bug?

Skillshards were inconsistent for me at least on 1.06. It looked like they always didn't gave any experience and few times they ended in my inventory instead of being consumed instantly.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Skillshards were inconsistent for me at least on 1.06. It looked like they always didn't gave any experience and few times they ended in my inventory instead of being consumed instantly.
ok thx. I'll report it to the tech support.

When you say that some shards end up in your inventory, are you talking about "stacked" shards? There is at least two cases where you can find 2 stacked ones and one will end up in the inventory. One for the handguns and another for quickhacking. Also if you are really lucky you can end up with two progression shards, where one will end up in the inventory.

Top Bottom