Cyberpsycho quest disappointment

+
I took the time and found all the сyberpsycho of Night City. In the end, Regina calls me and asks me to go to her office.
And I think - wow, cool! Finally, this long quest will have a cool and unexpected ending! These are the authors of The Witcher 3, they always have a cool and unexpected ending at the end of their quests.
Soooo, what could be there?
Maybe she found a cure for the psychos? Maybe at the end there will be a final contract with someone from Regina's family? Maybe she found a connection between cyberpsychosis and strange signals on TV? Maybe at the end we will be faced with a difficult choice? Maybe she even collected cyberpsychs to create her own army! Damn, I don't know. But I hope the CDPR will surprise me!
Thanks V for not killing them. Here is your reward. The end.

Every day I get more and more disappointed in this game. And this cannot be fixed with patches and fixes. This is a fundamental problem.

The best part is the whole quest line is hyped up and then after just 17 psychos, it's over. A city of million and that's it, 17. Doesn't seem urgent...

I thought psycho would keep popping up. I could find out why the psychosis is happening, and/or I could also either cure them or be forced to kill / incapacitate them as well based on my initial performance .

Nope...

Oh well...

Totally not fundamental for me, I had fun killing all the cyberpsychos as they were clearly unique in their own way.
One of the best part of the sidequests IMO.

Totally not fundamental for me, I had fun killing all the cyberpsychos as they were clearly unique in their own way.
There is one game that I would hate to compare Cyberpunk to. But you have to! I am forced to. RDR 2. There was a quest to find the legendary gunslingers. And each of them was unique, had its own appearance, charisma, history, and in the end everything came to a bright and memorable ending.

And in Cyberpunk 2077 we have notes and SMS. The most expensive game in the world with the biggest budget in the industry. Copy-pasted quests with notes and SMS. It's not even the Ubisoft level, no. This is the level of Korean MMOs of the last decade. In the 2010s, we could see something like this in f2p-mmo. This is not The Witcher 3, at all.

YIKES.png

Yikes.

The only interesting one was the creepy ritual. The rest were copy-paste kill quest garbage. I just unloaded my guns into them while slow time was active. And that isn't even the cheesiest way to take 'em out.

I wouldn't even mind if they'd each been at the end of an interesting dungeon or something. But like every other open world quest they're just waiting in a little tiny area for you to come kill them.

My main pet peeve with this mission is that she puts A LOT of emphasis on not killing them, and that we need to be careful to not kill them.

So, in my first playthrough (which had to be restarted due to an unrelated bug), I put a lot of effort into making sure that the final "blow" on them was a knockout one and not a killing one.

But it turns out you can just blast them with whatever you want since they can't be killed outright (as if your weapons all hade the pax mod).

Really bummed me out.

(I still roll the Comrades Hammer with a pax mod just to pretend that I actually have to just knock them out)

The best part is the whole quest line is hyped up and then after just 17 psychos, it's over. A city of million and that's it, 17. Doesn't seem urgent...

I remember the Washington snipers. If a city like New York had 17 serial killers, that'd be a huge problem. The number isn't the issue here - it's that the world is so empty and unresponsive to anything you do, that you don't feel the impact of the Cyberpsychos and your actions against them.

Very true... i thought that Regina will call us in the end and say that the people were actually experimenting on those people and you need to save them... I thought that would have been a fitting end. But n ahh nothing...

Definitely a major disappointment for me as well. I breezed through them so quick the first time that I thought there was some kind of detail I missed. But I did it again in the second playthrough and saw that nothing indeed actually happens.

Maybe they've planned more cyber psycho action for dlc and that's why they left it the way they did?
But yeah, as it stands now, it is a pretty underwhelming end to the questline.

Yep, this questline is one of the most disappointing in game. So much efforts for nothing. Also, as far as I can see there is no different outcome depending on they way you deal with cyberpsychos (kill or capture alive)
Post automatically merged:

Maybe they've planned more cyber psycho action for dlc and that's why they left it the way they did?

People expect to much from DLC... Continuation of Peralez story, of cyberpsychos story, extended character customization, more quests with love interests, extra ending and such :D

I almost sure that what we'll get in fact be some cars and outfits as free DLC + 5-6 hours extra side quest in the paid one.

Honestly I was fine with it, story-wise, as it's not like Regina was going to cure cyberpsychosis or anything (and especially if it ends up being a teaser for DLC), but it sure would've been nice a get a legendary or something for all that effort (since downing them without killing is definitely the most time-consuming sidequest in the game). It's literally one of the first things you pick up and last ones that you finish, no matter how you're playing.

By the time you finish it money is effectively meaningless, so there's basically no reward at all.

I took the time and found all the сyberpsycho of Night City. In the end, Regina calls me and asks me to go to her office.
And I think - wow, cool! Finally, this long quest will have a cool and unexpected ending! These are the authors of The Witcher 3, they always have a cool and unexpected ending at the end of their quests.
Soooo, what could be there?
Maybe she found a cure for the psychos? Maybe at the end there will be a final contract with someone from Regina's family? Maybe she found a connection between cyberpsychosis and strange signals on TV? Maybe at the end we will be faced with a difficult choice? Maybe she even collected cyberpsychs to create her own army! Damn, I don't know. But I hope the CDPR will surprise me!
Thanks V for not killing them. Here is your reward. The end.

Every day I get more and more disappointed in this game. And this cannot be fixed with patches and fixes. This is a fundamental problem.

Just wait, 1.2 is around the corner. We're all going to realize that, yes, we can be even more disappointed that we already are.

You don't even need to down them without killing them as you can basically cut them up with a katana and they will still be alive.

Definitely wasn't the case for me, but the detection of living / dead when sending texts to Regina is pretty hit or miss. I've had different text messages for them being dead a few times, so it's not always the same, Doesn't appear that affects the final outcome, but there are different text messages for the individual encounters.

just finished that the other day. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wish it felt more unique. Like maybe there could have been more to her talking about it, since I think you don't even meet her until you do all of the missions (I think). We get so many missions from her so it was kind of a moment, actually getting to talk to her outside of a phone call.

You don't even need to down them without killing them as you can basically cut them up with a katana and they will still be alive.

My go to method for most of them, lol.

just finished that the other day. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wish it felt more unique. Like maybe there could have been more to her talking about it, since I think you don't even meet her until you do all of the missions (I think). We get so many missions from her so it was kind of a moment, actually getting to talk to her outside of a phone call.

My go to method for most of them, lol.

Make sure you got System Reset quickhack and you can take down anyone without killing them.

Problem is I did it to one psycho (the militech one) and the game bugged out and the quest can't be finished. Basically the guy fell through the floor and so now the quest can't be completed as you needed to read a shard on his body.

Top Bottom