Cyberpsycho questline is so bad :(

+
The issue wasn't budget, they were swimming for cash, but time. They claimed the game had been in development eight years but they diverted all its staff to Witcher 3 until Blood and Wine was finished.
Yeah they didn't have enough time. Although I wonder if they didn't waste time on shallow low quality content would they have enough time to polish the main content

The cyberpsycho quest line is supported through a number of in world things - Mike on MorroRock talks about it, there are news articles about it (one about a mall, and another about a conference) and numerous bits of in world text about the problem (not the case related info, other shards). These things constantly ask the question of "is cyberpsychosis real?".

Undertaking the quests is about that question and what you decide the answer is.

There is no long investigation cycle because as Regina tells you when she contacts you "I just heard...", the event, with the psycho is happening now. If you wait, MaxTac may well turn up and "solve" the problem. If you are going to help her with her investigation/treatment plan you need to act "now".

Now I'm not going to disagree that the static nature of these fights and how they fit in the game could be better, and nor do I disagree that the gig thing couldn't be better either. But ignoring those wider problems with gigs, these fights are appropriately (and arguably well) supported in the game.

Now as I mentioned in another of these threads, I do feel that this quest is not over. Regina herself says "for now" when you have dealt with all 17. It is one of several gig quests that stands open and waiting to have more content added in the future, and many of these quests deal with similar themes - making them ideal to combine into a larger DLC mission.

They question whether those actually exist or just an illusion of the chip which lead nowhere.

And you should question this - if you check the locations before you have the chip the art doesn't exist. It seems only V and Johnny can see them. Most of them are in specific story related places and their Tarot symbolism has meaning to the events that take place there. (The fact that Death is on Embers is one of the simplest, but strongest, examples of this.) Misty even makes a relevant comment when she sends you to look for them all about that connection.

There are other things in the game that you should probably question the reality of as well....

And you should question this - if you check the locations before you have the chip the art doesn't exist. It seems only V and Johnny can see them. Most of them are in specific story related places and their Tarot symbolism has meaning to the events that take place there. (The fact that Death is on Embers is one of the simplest, but strongest, examples of this.) Misty even makes a relevant comment when she sends you to look for them all about that connection.

There are other things in the game that you should probably question the reality of as well....
Is it best to do the Tarot Cards as you work through the Gigs in specific areas of Night City? The other night, I just worked through all of the Tarot cards straight through. Now I am wondering if that was not such a good idea.

As for the Cyberpsychos, I have been wondering if it really is an issue related to how much cyberware an individual has or, is it a myriad of problems with an underlying issue that has not been completely identified yet. I personally think there is an underlying problem but, the label is what society uses because it is convenient, catchy, and thus focuses everyone's attention toward the wrong thing. (I am still working through those but that is my line of thinking so far.)

Is it best to do the Tarot Cards as you work through the Gigs in specific areas of Night City? The other night, I just worked through all of the Tarot cards straight through. Now I am wondering if that was not such a good idea.

Well if you know much about the symbolism (or are willing to look it up) of the major arcana you can get more out of them by doing them after you reach the Point of No Return (before you continue). Not all of them have an obvious location connection, but that doesn't mean the locations were not chosen very deliberately and there is a meta-story in understanding it.

As for the Cyberpsychos, I have been wondering if it really is an issue related to how much cyberware an individual has or, is it a myriad of problems with an underlying issue that has not been completely identified yet. I personally think there is an underlying problem but, the label is what society uses because it is convenient, catchy, and thus focuses everyone's attention toward the wrong thing. (I am still working through those but that is my line of thinking so far.)

That is the point to the quest (imo), you have to decide what it means and if it is a real thing.

I certainly see a correlation to a real world problem that seems to afflict the USA more than anywhere else in the world.

Well if you know much about the symbolism (or are willing to look it up) of the major arcana you can get more out of them by doing them after you reach the Point of No Return (before you continue). Not all of them have an obvious location connection, but that doesn't mean the locations were not chosen very deliberately and there is a meta-story in understanding it.
Ah! I am sadly not too familiar with the major arcana sadly. But next time I playthrough I will definitely take more time in working through the cards. Thank you for the info. And yes, I also agree that they definitely were not placed randomly. I when I collected the last one (without getting the last 2) and talked to Misty, I wondered if I was too hasty.

That is the point to the quest (imo), you have to decide what it means and if it is a real thing.

I certainly see a correlation to a real world problem that seems to afflict the USA more than anywhere else in the world.
Yeah, there are quite a few layers to the entire situation. I think I need to do some more digging in the game world and finish all of the incidents before drawing any more conclusions.

I also kept a non-lethal handheld weapon that I use specifically to knockout each cyberpsycho I encounter. The way Regina talks about them and then when I read the shards, I definitely think they are victims of a much more systemic issue.

Also, what in the correlation you see?

I love the cyberpsycho questline. I enjoy reading their backstory and what caused them to become cyberpsychos, they are mostly victims of higher powers. I think that cyberpsychosis is a way to tag them, dispose of them, or use them as maxtech troopers.
I don't think that there should be any type of personal touch and that we should talk with the victim's family, as someone above me said we need to resolve this issue now, so we receive a call from Regina telling us what to do. I think the call/text method feels like a professional approach.

Last edited:
Might have something to do with Witcher 3 not wasting resources on Keanu Reeves and youtubers.
I still love Angry Joe's reviews of Witcher to this date. I sometimes don't agree with him but those videos are funny. He helped a lot to popularize Witcher after the release of Witcher 2. CDPR even put a cameo for him in Witcher 3.
However during recent years, it looked like CDPR went for whoever most famous right now instead of who helped in the past. I wouldn't have cared about Youtubers this much but this feels like another example of CDPR moving away from what we love towards a much more typical AAA company like Ubisoft or EA. It’s just another thing to add to the list like mobile games, upcoming microtransactions & Cyberpunk launch.
Post automatically merged:

The issue wasn't budget, they were swimming for cash, but time. They claimed the game had been in development eight years but they diverted all its staff to Witcher 3 until Blood and Wine was finished.
Also I felt like there's a clear indication of change in the direction after 2018. Tone of the 48 minute demo felt like a "choose your own adventure" kinda game instead of the linear game that we got.

I love how you pull up your phone to text or respond to message and the game directs you to a cluttered messy journal and not even to the person your trying to text, smh.

The cyberpsycho quest line is supported through a number of in world things - Mike on MorroRock talks about it, there are news articles about it (one about a mall, and another about a conference) and numerous bits of in world text about the problem (not the case related info, other shards). These things constantly ask the question of "is cyberpsychosis real?".

Undertaking the quests is about that question and what you decide the answer is.

There is no long investigation cycle because as Regina tells you when she contacts you "I just heard...", the event, with the psycho is happening now. If you wait, MaxTac may well turn up and "solve" the problem. If you are going to help her with her investigation/treatment plan you need to act "now".

Now I'm not going to disagree that the static nature of these fights and how they fit in the game could be better, and nor do I disagree that the gig thing couldn't be better either. But ignoring those wider problems with gigs, these fights are appropriately (and arguably well) supported in the game.

Now as I mentioned in another of these threads, I do feel that this quest is not over. Regina herself says "for now" when you have dealt with all 17. It is one of several gig quests that stands open and waiting to have more content added in the future, and many of these quests deal with similar themes - making them ideal to combine into a larger DLC mission.

That's kinda cool if they explored it more. I don't want clear answers but some more quests would've been nive about this.
Post automatically merged:

My take on the subject is that it is an allusion to the fact the police often use "facts" to justify excessive force that aren't actually true but come from the police themselves.
I'm happy that they didn't go further in this subject. I can't relate to politics in USA since where I live is completely different.

Last edited:
Anybody else think that Cyberpsycho questline is really bad. Most aspects of this game range from okay to dissapointing but Cyberpsycho quests just feel bad for me.

Most quests are enjoyable in my opinion, in fact some gigs are funnier than main quests, especially the last mission, wow that was bad.

The reason, gigs to me are funnier is because they let you approach them as you want and with how you created your character.

I did some testing with the quest where that Arasaka guy have to speak with the sister during the parade and the whole build up, is that you have to hurry. So decided to take my time and just wait for 5-10 minutes real life just to test it, and it didn't fail. The only one I found to do that, is the one in the beginning and I tried to hide upstairs, instead of going behind the screen, but just got instant killed. The main quests are so extremely scripted, that if it weren't for the story part, they would be very boring the second time you do them, in my opinion.

Also your character mysteriously loses some of their net hacking abilities during boss fights and just get them replaced by some other ones?? It was not possible to balance these so they worked?

I didn't bother to complete the Cyberpsycho quest, as I after the first 6-7 already knew that these were just minor boss fights, put there for grinding, with what seem to be very little effort put into making them interesting.

Most quests are enjoyable in my opinion, in fact some gigs are funnier than main quests, especially the last mission, wow that was bad.

The reason, gigs to me are funnier is because they let you approach them as you want and with how you created your character.

I did some testing with the quest where that Arasaka guy have to speak with the sister during the parade and the whole build up, is that you have to hurry. So decided to take my time and just wait for 5-10 minutes real life just to test it, and it didn't fail. The only one I found to do that, is the one in the beginning and I tried to hide upstairs, instead of going behind the screen, but just got instant killed. The main quests are so extremely scripted, that if it weren't for the story part, they would be very boring the second time you do them, in my opinion.

Also your character mysteriously loses some of their net hacking abilities during boss fights and just get them replaced by some other ones?? It was not possible to balance these so they worked?

I didn't bother to complete the Cyberpsycho quest, as I after the first 6-7 already knew that these were just minor boss fights, put there for grinding, with what seem to be very little effort put into making them interesting.
Most games put some fake urgency in set piece moments & those are really scripted.
However in Cyberpunk, scripted scenes way too scripted than usual. Specially the chase scene with Takemura kinda felt amateurish because our actions didn't do much. Enemies automatically died in scripted moments.

Top Bottom