"Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the Water" -- can't progress

+
I've done 16/17 cyberpsycho sightings for the "Psycho Killer" side job. The last one ("Smoke on the Water") seems to be bugged out. It shows up in my Journal under Gigs, however I cannot track it (clicking the "Track" button simply makes the button disappear, and no mission is being tracked). If I go to message Regina about it, I see a blue dialog box just like the ones you click to reply, but I can't actually click it.

Worth noting is that I did actually defeat the Smoke on the Water cyberpsycho early in my playthrough. Maybe something weird happened back then to put it in this state.

It sounds like it's not tracking the mission because you've already killed the Cyberpsycho so the game thinks he no longer exists, however to fully complete the mission you do still need to scan the bodies on the pier and loot a few shards from a few of the corpses as well as the Cyberpsycho himself. I would go back to the pier and make sure you've scanned and looted everything. You also need to read the shards that you collect there.

It sounds like it's not tracking the mission because you've already killed the Cyberpsycho so the game thinks he no longer exists, however to fully complete the mission you do still need to scan the bodies on the pier and loot a few shards from a few of the corpses as well as the Cyberpsycho himself. I would go back to the pier and make sure you've scanned and looted everything. You also need to read the shards that you collect there.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just went back there and scanned everything I could (although the corpses and cyberpsycho are gone). There are two shards associated with this particular cyberpsycho, and I re-read both of them. Unfortunately I'm still not able to progress. I believe it's somehow stuck on the very last step because the final message that needs to be sent to Regina (which reads "Gangers picked the wrong choom to fuck with.") is showing up in blue, but I can't actually send it. Guess I'll just hope they fix this in the next update...

Thanks for the suggestions. I just went back there and scanned everything I could (although the corpses and cyberpsycho are gone). There are two shards associated with this particular cyberpsycho, and I re-read both of them. Unfortunately I'm still not able to progress. I believe it's somehow stuck on the very last step because the final message that needs to be sent to Regina (which reads "Gangers picked the wrong choom to fuck with.") is showing up in blue, but I can't actually send it. Guess I'll just hope they fix this in the next update...
That sucks mate! I wish I could offer another "solution" but it looks like you'll have to wait for CDPR to patch this (hopefully) in their January update! :(

Same problem. Went back after reading through Forum but nothing left to scan so stuck now with 17/16 complete

Same problem on Playstation. It's keeping me of getting the Platinium Trophy :( hope they fix this eventually.

While bugged out of the Silverhand quest line due to the dum dum bug, I wanted to complete the cyberpsychos and guess what? Same here...PC, 1.05 build, 16/17 stuck.

At this point I am afraid to keep playing since I do not know where else I can get stuck.

I also have the same problem. I actually finished this quest without killing him and even found the joytoy in the van at the bottom of the pier. Since the update (1.05 on PC) it has now came back with the same message aswell. It's a shame I finally was able to get the last mission done and now it's back to 16/17. *le sigh*

What happened with my experience, I was able to clear the gig by beating the Cyberpsycho and scanned him then when I saw went down the pier and saw the daughter in the van, the gig started back up again but even if I tried to rescan the cyberpsycho it wouldn't end the gig.

So I'm having a little bit of a problem, cause there is no van to search, I killed Cyberpsycho, searched bodies, sent messages to Regina, everything is done except for searching the van, and unless I do that, the quest can't be finished, the only thing left to check, but like I eas saying there's no van, only marker showing where it should be.

I've done 16/17 cyberpsycho sightings for the "Psycho Killer" side job. The last one ("Smoke on the Water") seems to be bugged out. It shows up in my Journal under Gigs, however I cannot track it (clicking the "Track" button simply makes the button disappear, and no mission is being tracked). If I go to message Regina about it, I see a blue dialog box just like the ones you click to reply, but I can't actually click it.

Worth noting is that I did actually defeat the Smoke on the Water cyberpsycho early in my playthrough. Maybe something weird happened back then to put it in this state.
So I think I found out what has to be done after you defeat the cyberpsycho go all the way back to the van, inspect the daughters' body, then read the two shards. That's how it cleared for me, anyways.

This bugged for me also and there is no way to fix it other then doing it all over from start.

This is a very BIG and maybe almost impossible for them to fix because it is the way they chosen to script mission updates.

How mission updates work. You go to a location get a call.
Ways to brake missions making them impossible to complete:

1. An artifact malfunction happens at same time this can bug out any mission.
2. Getting a second phone call at same time, can bug out any mission.
3. If Jhonny starts talking and you do not wait until he finished talking will bug out almost any mission where this happens.
4. Approaching an area from the wrong direction to not get the optional objective i.e. smoke on the water ( there are more of these also. )
5. Searching an area for clues before mission has update saying you need to search area, best example the psycho that wakes from a crate/coffin. But there are others also.
6. You get a street cred update giving you new gigs/phone calls and what not when doing a mission can bug out not only mission you on but also the update ones through street cred. This could easily be fixed by applying street cred at once and not waiting until out of combat and the scripting engine to go through every thing you did before updating or just don't send a phone call if I'm already on the phone.

Most of thees things can be fixed by giving all objectives for a mission at once and not waiting for you to find the exact location where it should trigger. It is a open world game after all. You can't expect everyone to use the stairs on the right side of the building/bridge when there is tons of other ways to get there like the stairs on left side or a walkway from back.

Also the increased jump on legs will make you able to get to areas without following the instructed path, why would I take 5 minutes to walk all way around when I can just jump over to the where I need to go.

Other very stupid bug in a mission is Peralez, the part where you meet and need examine apartment.
2 ways to break this.

Go to roof first.
Scan the antenna in distance before Jhonny stop talking.
Follow cables from roof down into apartment will break follow cable objective.
You need follow cables from apartment to roof.

Just fix this slow ass scripting mission engine and let us scan objectives again. And if I find an optional objective after mission is already finished just closed that objective and mission without even showing it or something.

Some other ways to break missions because you hurry.
Undiscovered missions:
Force open an entry while on the phone can break mission. Done it before and scanning, examining objectives while on the phone. Disabling the target you need to carry outside before mission update to tell you to disable target will break mission.

Possible issue resolution!

I've been stuck on 16/17 comoelte as well, with this same mission. Have any of you gone and counted the number of Cyberpsycho Sighting missions on your list, including the one that won't close, even if you completed it? I did this and the total number of missions is 16, including the one that "won't close". And since I've seen others have a similar problem but with several different cyberpsycho missions, I'm kind of wondering if there is another mission either hidden somewhere behind something like a scanner mission or possibly needs to be u locked with further progress in the main story. I have my first olaythrough that I completed the main story with and I'm going to review the cyberpsycho missions listed there and cross examine them with the ones listed in this playthrough. I will update and please feel free to correct me or let me know if you can confirm what I'm saying on your end.
Post automatically merged:

Solution!

Please count your cyberpsycho missions and compare them to this complete list. I had 1 mission that wouldn't close and 16/17... but it wasn't because the mission wasn't closed.. the bug is that it appears to have not closed but it is. I found the 17th cyberpsycho by comparing the complete list of completed missions as AND the mission that appeared to have not closed, (16 total) and found that i was missing one. Here is a list for anyone who wants to do this.
1. Second chances
2.discount doc
3. Let talons
4. Smoke and mirrors
5.seaside Cafe
6. Six feet under
7.where the bodies hit the floor
8.on deaf ears
9.the wasteland
10.under the bridge
11.ticket to the major leagues
12.lettwr of the law