"Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the Water" -- can't progress

+
Possible issue resolution!

I've been stuck on 16/17 comoelte as well, with this same mission. Have any of you gone and counted the number of Cyberpsycho Sighting missions on your list, including the one that won't close, even if you completed it? I did this and the total number of missions is 16, including the one that "won't close". And since I've seen others have a similar problem but with several different cyberpsycho missions, I'm kind of wondering if there is another mission either hidden somewhere behind something like a scanner mission or possibly needs to be u locked with further progress in the main story. I have my first olaythrough that I completed the main story with and I'm going to review the cyberpsycho missions listed there and cross examine them with the ones listed in this playthrough. I will update and please feel free to correct me or let me know if you can confirm what I'm saying on your end.
Post automatically merged:

Solution!

Please count your cyberpsycho missions and compare them to this complete list. I had 1 mission that wouldn't close and 16/17... but it wasn't because the mission wasn't closed.. the bug is that it appears to have not closed but it is. I found the 17th cyberpsycho by comparing the complete list of completed missions as AND the mission that appeared to have not closed, (16 total) and found that i was missing one. Here is a list for anyone who wants to do this.
1. Second chances
2.discount doc
3. Let talons
4. Smoke and mirrors
5.seaside Cafe
6. Six feet under
7.where the bodies hit the floor
8.on deaf ears
9.the wasteland
10.under the bridge
11.ticket to the major leagues
12.lettwr of the law
13.blood ritual
14. Demons of the war
15.phantom of night city
16. Lt. Mower
17. House on a hill.

This suggestion aided me loads, thanks!

The quest OP mentioned was the same one that was bugged where it didn't complete in my journal. I was stuck on 16/17..or so I thought.

Turns out I was missing one more Cyberpsycho quest and went there to complete it. Didn't want to spoil myself by googling the location so I had to go to every uninished quest marked with ! to find out where it was. Once I was there the last Cyberpsycho sighting quest triggered. My trophy for the questline came and I was able to complete it where you have to head to Regina's headquarters.

Despite completing the entire questline, the quest "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke On The Water" is still shown as one of the unfinished gigs.

If it helps I'm playing on PS5.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with not being able to clear this mission but slightly different. I came to the pier and took out the cyberpsycho, read all the shards, and messaged Regina and the mission was cleared. Afterward I ran down the beach for a different cyberpsycho and took him out and cleared that mission. Then while exploring, just walking up the beach and finding items in the water I walked under the pier at which point Johnny made a comment "grimy" I believe, and I went to see what he was looking out and found the van with the cyberpsychos daughter, it had the option to pick her up so I thought maybe I got more to their story or something like brought her body to rest somewhere, but when I picked up her body it put the mission for him back into my mission list and now the message to Regina has the last message as blue and I can't send. Though I did get a message from Regina saying that she's heard no more cases and is closing the file so I'm just stuck with it on my missions list now and can't clear it again.

THIS is the answer to the problem... The Cyber Psycho erroneously said that Smoke on the Water was the 17th mission when actually it was one of the other missions. went through the all to find the missing one then completed - THANKS!

Jedi Dade

Possible issue resolution!

I've been stuck on 16/17 comoelte as well, with this same mission. Have any of you gone and counted the number of Cyberpsycho Sighting missions on your list, including the one that won't close, even if you completed it? I did this and the total number of missions is 16, including the one that "won't close". And since I've seen others have a similar problem but with several different cyberpsycho missions, I'm kind of wondering if there is another mission either hidden somewhere behind something like a scanner mission or possibly needs to be u locked with further progress in the main story. I have my first olaythrough that I completed the main story with and I'm going to review the cyberpsycho missions listed there and cross examine them with the ones listed in this playthrough. I will update and please feel free to correct me or let me know if you can confirm what I'm saying on your end.
Post automatically merged:

Solution!

Please count your cyberpsycho missions and compare them to this complete list. I had 1 mission that wouldn't close and 16/17... but it wasn't because the mission wasn't closed.. the bug is that it appears to have not closed but it is. I found the 17th cyberpsycho by comparing the complete list of completed missions as AND the mission that appeared to have not closed, (16 total) and found that i was missing one. Here is a list for anyone who wants to do this.
1. Second chances
2.discount doc
3. Let talons
4. Smoke and mirrors
5.seaside Cafe
6. Six feet under
7.where the bodies hit the floor
8.on deaf ears
9.the wasteland
10.under the bridge
11.ticket to the major leagues
12.lettwr of the law
13.blood ritual
14. Demons of the war
15.phantom of night city
16. Lt. Mower
17. House on a hill.
Wow can confirm this worked.

Make a hard save before getting into any quest/gig. The game can get stuck at any random time during the playthrough and bug whatever you've been doing. Exiting the game and loading the save fixes things. It disrespects your time, but that's how it is with this game...

Top Bottom