"Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the water" quest bugged, still no solutions?

+
Guyz i know tht many of u faced this bug in the game, but really i didnt see any solution except "load ur previous save, before this quest'. If i dont have this save or i don't remember where iv been saved, what should i do? Just see this unfinished quest? Did Cdprojekt fixed it in patches or not? I v stuck with this quest since game release, they really still didnt patch the game to solve this problem from their side?

Quest "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the water"

P.S. Sorry for my English :)

You didn't try on 1.3 ?
You have sent a report to CDPR support ?
If no, and if the bug still there, you can. Could be a "rare" bug :)
I v sent, right now im waititng for answer. But yea it is on 1.3 patch, still cant solve this quest 0_0

I've had this quest break even on 1.52. (Quest seemed to progress pretty normally but none of the bodies on the pier, with the exception of Diego Ramirez himself, have loot, so no second shard to pick up. The quest guide eventually says "Search the attacker" and puts the cyan quest icon directly on the body with the red suit, but I can only scan that body, nothing to loot. Definitely didn't pick it up the shard prior, all shards in inventory are marked read. Have tried working back to saves prior to getting near the pier - in particular, to a save made during psycho quest to the southwest of Smoke on the Water, Lex Talionis. Tried getting onto the pier different ways, stopping by the van or not, leaving the bodies along the way down the pier be until I take the psycho out or not - frankly I give up.)

Last edited:
I've had this quest break even on 1.52.
You mean a save started on 1.52 ? Or an older one, "loaded" on 1.52 ?
(It could make a difference...)
So normally the dude must "drop" loot (rare/epic shotgun+assault riffle, if I remember) and the shard.
If you never used mods, if it's not already done and if you want you can send a ticket to the support ("Contact Us" button).

You mean a save started on 1.52 ? Or an older one, "loaded" on 1.52 ?
(It could make a difference...)
So normally the dude must "drop" loot (rare/epic shotgun+assault riffle, if I remember) and the shard.
If you never used mods, if it's not already done and if you want you can send a ticket to the support ("Contact Us" button).
Yeah, started on 1.52, no mods. Yeah, Diego dropped a shard and a couple other things - a shotgun I think, yes - but it's my understanding there are two shards to read in this quest and it should be this "attacker" body I discovered on the pier that has the second - and that body doesn't drop anything. (None of the bodies on the pier do, which differs from videos of this quest I've watched on YouTube trying to figure out how I went wrong.) I'll try to find the button you mean.

Yeah, started on 1.52, no mods. Yeah, Diego dropped a shard and a couple other things - a shotgun I think, yes - but it's my understanding there are two shards to read in this quest and it should be this "attacker" body I discovered on the pier that has the second - and that body doesn't drop anything. (None of the bodies on the pier do, which differs from videos of this quest I've watched on YouTube trying to figure out how I went wrong.) I'll try to find the button you mean.
From my memories, no other shard is required. Only the one in the Cybersphyco body (Diego Ramirez) :(
Archived Conversation: Ken Masuda and Diego Ramirez
After reading it, normally you should be able to send an answer to Regina about that : "they deal with the wrong choom", something like that.

From my memories, no other shard is required. Only the one in the Cybersphyco body (Diego Ramirez) :(
Archived Conversation: Ken Masuda and Diego Ramirez
After reading it, normally you should be able to send an answer to Regina about that : "they deal with the wrong choom", something like that.
Perhaps it should, but not in this case. Got and read that first shard between Ramirez and Masuda off Ramirez' body, but the quest then moves to objective "Search the attacker", with objective marker directly on the body of the fellow dressed in red, I presume Masuda, but there's nothing on the body. No reply available for Regina. My understanding is the body should have that second shard, a convo between Hideyoshi Ueno and Masuda.

Patch 1.52 on Xbox Serie X.
Hello for information I had an issue likewise. I play RP and do not kill the cyberspycho. But I have failed it on this and knew it only oncye I had pickup the shard and contacted Regina to report it. I reloaded a save and the shard was gone forever... I solved it by wiping the console cache by following the instructions here : https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-9

Screenshot_2022-06-06-10-07-54-588_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Hope it help also for other on other Platforms.

It appears I was able to unblock on Smoke on the Water under 1.52 (where, as I mentioned here, I was blocked by items, and so the Masuda/Ueno shard, not appearing on the red-suited corpse) by

- returning to a save prior to going out on that pier
- AND by leaving that area and doing other quests first. (It had not been sufficient just to load the save I made overlooking the pier - the pier was still devoid of items on corpses if I did only that.)

Then, upon returning to the pier, the red-suited corpse (and other pre-existing corpses) on the pier DID have Masuda/Ueno shard and other items to pick up, after getting those I proceeded to deal with the psycho, pick up the Ramierz/Masuda shard from him, was then was able to let Regina know what occurred to complete the quest.

Top Bottom