Cyberpsycho sighting: Where the bodies hit the floor bug

+
Another quest spawned nearby the gig quest, and upon taking down the psycho, I received the prompt to message regina but the quest is stuck in "Find the cyberpsycho" still and unable to proceed after that.

After sometime the quest area setup disappear and the quest is now stuck in my quest log.

I'm having the same bug. I have defeated the psycho before Regina sent me an introductory text. I sent her the text after defeating the psycho, but the mission didn't end. Instead she sent me the introductory text and now the quest is stuck and won't end. The psycho did count for the "Psycho killer" quest.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 507
I have the same problem but trigerd it in another way...

in my case i recieved the massage from regina beforhand but knocked the cyberpsycho outside of the search area.

as a result the cant progress from the search the psycho phase

I'm having the same problem!
The cyberpsycho isn't there. I've left the area and did another quest - went back a while later and all the bodies where gone and the yellow area marks on the map was missing. The exclamation mark is set the be in the ground and ny psycho in sight...... I want to complete this sooo bad. It's frustrating!
Anyone know a fix to this? I've validated the files on Steam and repaired it, still no luck...

I can confirm that I encountered this bug in 1.05: starting the quest before getting the call from Regina breaks the ability to pass on the information to her.

EDIT: Whoops.. Actually, it just seemed to bug and I didn't know what I had to do. You have to go into messages and send a reply to the text message from Regina for that quest.

Last edited:
I thought it was a bug too but I figured it out. See...I had left the scene after I killed the Cyberpsycho and I never collected on the bounty so when I went back to try and finish it I just had the first text about the sighting from Regina and I couldn't reply. Come to find out there's a shard that you picked up called Brick and Ellis, y'all need to read it, then read the shard that you found after scanning the area called Hoof and Sanders and after you do then send the info to Regina you'll get the trophy granted you've finished the other Cyberpsycho sightings but the side job doesn't clear and go to completed yet. That's OK though because after some time passes Regina calls you back and says the contract is complete and that she had done their research on them and it falls to your completed stuff. Voila! It's completed.

I thought it was a bug too but I figured it out. See...I had left the scene after I killed the Cyberpsycho and I never collected on the bounty so when I went back to try and finish it I just had the first text about the sighting from Regina and I couldn't reply. Come to find out there's a shard that you picked up called Brick and Ellis, y'all need to read it, then read the shard that you found after scanning the area called Hoof and Sanders and after you do then send the info to Regina you'll get the trophy granted you've finished the other Cyberpsycho sightings but the side job doesn't clear and go to completed yet. That's OK though because after some time passes Regina calls you back and says the contract is complete and that she had done their research on them and it falls to your completed stuff. Voila! It's completed.
Ah you see, I think we have a different problem: I have read the shards and sent a message to Regina before she texted me first. And I think she even called me and rewarded me, and this cyberpsycho counted towards the total count. It's just the quest marker that remains...

Ah you see, I think we have a different problem: I have read the shards and sent a message to Regina before she texted me first. And I think she even called me and rewarded me, and this cyberpsycho counted towards the total count. It's just the quest marker that remains...
Yeah that's what I was saying is that it is counted towards your quest but remains for a while and then Regina winds up calling you later and says that they've finished their research and that the job is complete. All you have to do is just select a different job and proceed with your character.

Updated patch today.
Just did this: Started quest - got interrupted by Panam. Saved, set active quest back to Bodies Hit The Floor. Got his attention, disabled him (using Optics mod - all weapons non-lethal) He seems to be alive but disabled - read both shards - Quest still active, no option to message Reggie. Unable to complete. I'm going to back up and see if I can Trigger Panam's urgent call while I'm not just starting a fight with a Cyberpsycho. This quest worked fine the previous 3 times I did it on the day 1 patch and then again on the first update. This is the first time it's failed for me.

Updated patch today.
Just did this: Started quest - got interrupted by Panam. Saved, set active quest back to Bodies Hit The Floor. Got his attention, disabled him (using Optics mod - all weapons non-lethal) He seems to be alive but disabled - read both shards - Quest still active, no option to message Reggie. Unable to complete. I'm going to back up and see if I can Trigger Panam's urgent call while I'm not just starting a fight with a Cyberpsycho. This quest worked fine the previous 3 times I did it on the day 1 patch and then again on the first update. This is the first time it's failed for me.

First time seeing this bug is after 1.2 update, when I knock him out or kill him it does not give me the option to message Regina. just sits stuck.

Another quest spawned nearby the gig quest, and upon taking down the psycho, I received the prompt to message regina but the quest is stuck in "Find the cyberpsycho" still and unable to proceed after that.

After sometime the quest area setup disappear and the quest is now stuck in my quest log.

I did a video walk-through of this one, here:
. The psycho is hidden in a wee entry off the yard, full of trash. Sorry the narration lags a bit!

Same problem here on 1.2 Xbox One X.
(was fine before on my 2 PS4 runs.)

Knocked the psycho down, checked the shards... but no option to message Regina.

Last edited:
Same problem; PC. Got the quest normally, took down the cyberpsycho and left him alive, picked up and read both shards and...nothing. Can't call Regina, and the psycho just suddenly dies, even though he was moving (and I was wearing the Target Analysis optical mod, which supposedly makes weapons non-lethal).

Also, I encountered another quest-breaking bug in Pyramid Song: the part where you're staying in the bungalow. You speak to Judy and she tells you the outcome of Pisces (depending on your choices); then you're supposed to speak to Johnny. Johnny never appears; his quest marker (which should be inside the house, as I recall from before the patch) appears outside on the dock, but he never appears.

Both these bugs occurred after I installed Patch 1.2. Up until then, I had no problems with quest- or game-breaking bugs.

Top Bottom