Cyberpsycho Story/Lifepath (DLC/Lifepath/Mod?)

+
I was lately thinking about how cool it would be to play as a cyberpscho and live through that kind of experience where you are like an ex-military or like ex-maxtac soldier with tons of augmentations and superhuman abilities.

Where you got discharged cause you were mentally becoming unstable as well as becoming a reliability to your superiors and left alone in night city with nobody to take care of you.

The story will again start in front of a mirror where you will see a non-augmented clean version of yourself, you wash your face then suddenly sink is washed with blood and then you panic to look at yourself to see your heavily augmented face with blood coming out of your nose and eyes, you punch the mirror and break it to find a airhypo stimulant then lose consciousness and fall asleep in bed.

The main plot will focus on making choices to either further worsen you cyberpsyhosis and losing your sanity or regaining your humanity and finding a cure. It won't be easy cause people don't take it nicely to people like you. So you will feel like an outcast in a huge city.

I may not described it well with my limited language but I hoped it helped you picture it in your mind.

What are your thoughts or ideas? Will it be cool?

That is a rather common story in Nightcity. Cyberpsychosis, I mean. While it would be cool to be ex-patient or a recovering one, it would be hard to insert into this story. In 2077 they don't really seem to care about recovering people from psychosis, they just gun them down. I guess the medical companies decided that it wasnt profitable enough to help psychos.

In 2020 rpg the process from recovering from cyberpsychosis required months of braindance theraphy (sometimes they included some heavy brainwashing too), surgeries to remove every cyber instalment you had, regular theraphy with really heavy medication.. and your name would be in a list of potential risks and they'd usually do a lot to oversee that you don't re-instail any cyberware into you... Or enslave you to be a corporate tool for its shady busineses until you die or break down. Much like Adam.

And even if you recieved the complete cure package, this process usually brought only 1/3 if your lost humanity back, at most.

So, to a player this might be not a viable story path, but it could be to a side character. Maybe you could meet such a character and strugle with him/her to find help. Perhaps an extension to that cyberpsycho hunting questline.

That being said, I really hoped that there would have been some sort of cost or drawback from all the cyberware V gets installed.

With the world that was created, I'm excited to see what other life paths they introduce. I've been looking up the Pen and Paper game to see some of the items and things that the world have. The world is amazing between lifestyles and even different Cyber parts, I really want to see waht they bring.

They also introduce a cyberpsycho who recovered (Who also still has her cyber parts) so it'd be interesting to see if that was a hint that you can some day go that path. I would also love to see maybe a life path of the other factions as well like the Voodoo boys because they seem so mysterious and having their own culture it would be amazing to explore that.

Top Bottom