Cyberpsycho's - In game benefit to killing them?

+
Theres absolutely no reason to let him alive. Why? Because this Story is also half baked. Once you are done, you are done. Theres no closure, you dont know what will happen next, nothing.

What i did? First i battled them, once i won i called Regina took my cash for letting them alive and killed them afterwards for exp and little bit more money.

I dont see any reason to let them live, since theres no consequense. At least not anything i could see or feel.

I know Regina asks you not to, and there is a clear reason to do things her way. But I didn't notice and in game resource trying to get me to kill them? Was there something I missed? Was there a thread i didn't pick up? I felt like the only option was to save them. For example Bioshock with the little sisters, the was an argument for and against it., and you where rewarded short term, or long term for your choice. Anyone?
You can kill them if you want. Saving them - which I always do - doesn't have any substantial effect on the quest's outcome.

You can kill them if you want. Saving them - which I always do - doesn't have any substantial effect on the quest's outcome.
im on my second playthrough, and still saving them - i guess because its the right thing to do? i dont know why im doing it

In my first playthrough right at launch, I apparently? killed off the first cyberpsycho I ran into and got yelled at afterwards by Regina, but it didnt seem to have any actual consequences. I do keep them alive for rp purposes mostly, I dont really feel I need to kill them for street creds, as you get so much of it if you do just a few of the hustles, or money although that isnt exactly easy to come by if you dont do the whole crafting/selling routine which I find boring.

'Nuff said.

1616708698294.png

Would love to see the cyberpsycho line get a more satisfactory ending (or endings) but I guess it's one of those things. Of all the big quest lines, it does feel like it may have been the one where they ran out of time. So much work in the design of each gig, fight mechanics, etc, and then... Hmm.

Yes, it is more fun... ;)
But yeah I see your point. so what would you suggest that would make sense? Would have to be something other than money. More street cred?
Yes, I have always believed that there should be some reward or punishment when it comes to following mission parameters.

I honestly believe that you should either receive more street cred and / or eddies for doing things Regina's way, or there should be some mechanism for Regina to simply not give you any more work if you don't do as she asks.

There is a conversation between two mercs in the Afterlife where one merch chastises the other for trying to double-cross Regina and she ends up completely cutting off jobs for him. If you just run around capping Cyberpsychos rather than take them alive like Regina requested, the Cyberpsycho quest line should just dry up. If V cannot do the job properly, Regina should just go find some mercs who can.

I am not sure if a faction system needs to be in place, but something additional is definitely needed in order to add difficulty and also introduce incentives and negative consequences to your actions.

There should also be an avenue to repairing your rep should you want to get back in the good graces of the fixer you just annoyed.

It would also be nice if the Cyberpsycho quest line had a satisfying plot ending like Regina telling you that the data gathered will go towards researching the condition and maybe finding treatments. Right now, the quest just ends with "Thanks, V!" and some loot.

I didn't start playing until v1.61 but I consider 25.000 Eddies a reward.
I suppose what I was trying to get at with all of that rambling is that the overall game could use a mechanism that rewards you for completing gigs within the mission parameters and negative consequences for not following them.

Regina wants you to take the cyberpsychos alive so if you just decide to kill them because it is easier, Regina should cut you off from any further work in that quest line. Right now, there is incentive to do as she asks, but no harsh penalties should you disobey.

Of course, this could go both ways and since the gaming community is full of edgelords, I could see CDPR putting a morally bankrupt fixer in the sequel that just hands out murder jobs and highly questionable gigs with huge payouts just to see how repugnant you are willing to become just to earn a few eds.

Last edited:
I suppose what I was trying to get at with all of that rambling is that the overall game could use a mechanism that rewards you for completing gigs within the mission parameters and negative consequences for not following them.

Regina wants you to take the cyberpsychos alive so if you just decide to kill them because it is easier, Regina should cut you off from any further work in that quest line. Right now, there is incentive to do as she asks, but no harsh penalties should you disobey.

Of course, this could go both ways and since the gaming community is full of edgelords, I could see CDPR putting a morally bankrupt fixer in the sequel that just hands out murder jobs and highly questionable gigs with huge payouts just to see how repugnant you are willing to become just to earn a few eds.
My response was more geared towards those who claimed there were no final reward, period, for the quest.

Top Bottom