Cyberpsychos .....

+
Well, the one that was going to play a vampire (Pure Psychosis, no legitimate need for blood) had stated that they were going to "play it smart", and be subtle, like real psychopaths are sometimes. That means covering your tracks, not going on an unwarranted murder-thon, "Don't unnecessarily spook the prey", etc.

Paired with "Space Gorilla from Gorilla City", though ..... not a long-term survival prognosis, for either the characters, or the game.

So, yes, it is very do-able, if you are flexible, and most importantly, have the right players.

I read about this cyberpsycho this morning , and it remind me of Geneforge the game . I think it was the 4th...

The game has canister of pure liquid that give you skill faster then learning them . Homewhever , the more you use them the more addicted your character get . And of course , if you indulge no stop...there will be consequences . In the game , the consequences were short temper , starting to see your allies like vermin and finally when you reach the max , any dialogue you get....is cut off by your character going nuts . So you don't get the option to use diplomacie and avoid a fight . And of course , it has a heavy cost on the ending slider you get .

With that said , I sure like hell gonna go this road at least once just to see how it feel :p

I can see AI taking over someone who has too many mods. Or just adding to a pre coditioned psychosis. The AI havng issues with adjusting can go off the rails with the living and more.

If V going to be immune to Cyberpsychosis, it will be big fail if game have safe limit, so you don't pass point of losing control or you can install a lot of cybewear and you don't have hard consequences V going to be another Adam Jensen.

Keep in mind CDPR is limiting the amount of cyberware 'V' can even have. So the decision to make 'V' "immune" to cyberpsychosis isn't arbitrary but has a basis in-game. It's not like you can just have any, and everything you want.

I know that, but what is point in having humanity cost if V is immune of all side effect that come from adding more and more Cyberwear.

I know that, but what is point in having humanity cost if V is immune of all side effect that come from adding more and more Cyberwear.

Actually before Cyberpsychos there should already be a malus to social interractions, but we know about nothing on that topic yet.

CP2077 is almost undoubtedly the first of a series of Cyberpunk games by CDPR. Plus there's the eventual multi-player.

OK, this FIRST game in the series cyberpsychosis isn't an issue for the character, but what about later?

Cyberware, in 2020, limits your empathic response to other people.

So it influences your social skills very strongly. The more you have, the more remote you are ( within a variable) and the less persuasive, seductive and engaging you are. Also harder for you to tell if someone is lying to you.

Dear citizens and visitors,

Cyberpsychosis is a serious issue and condition.

We strongly encourage afflicted to seek professional help early to on to prevent issues, like a highly armed tactical unit shooting afflicted in the end stages to bits and pieces as they run amok.

Kind regards,

NCPD

So it influences your social skills very strongly. The more you have, the more remote you are ( within a variable) and the less persuasive, seductive and engaging you are. Also harder for you to tell if someone is lying to you.

The thing is that we don't know yet if in C2077 V we'll be able to be "persuasive, seductive and engaging" or if it will only be dialogue based.
Cause, if that's the case, I'll make at least one run without any cyber, I'll even keep my flesh eye and palm (I really hope that about the HUD they will make like in other RPG: smart goggles:
solos.jpg

CP2077 is almost undoubtedly the first of a series of Cyberpunk games by CDPR. Plus there's the eventual multi-player.

OK, this FIRST game in the series cyberpsychosis isn't an issue for the character, but what about later?

If they don't add any effect of Cyberpsychosis for Single player why they would add that for Multiplayer?

Also again if Cyberpsychosis isn't a thing in fist game why would later games have it?

Example In Mass Effect, to generate ammunition a weapon shaves a projectile the size of a sand grain from a dense block of metal contained within the weapon's body. The projectile is launched at supersonic velocities by decreasing its mass in a mass effect field. Thousands of these tiny rounds can be produced from a single ammunition block. Ammunition is never a concern because of this, but managing the weapon's internal heat is; if a weapon is fired too rapidly, heat will build up inside of the weapon and it will overheat, forcing the operator to stop firing long enough for the weapon to disperse that heat buildup.

So in gameplay you add mod to cool down your weapon faster, other weapons model have different heating rate and so on, it was really fun and good rpg system it made combat more fun and interesting plus weapon skill had impact on your combat how you use guns and so.

But in later Mass Effects they put normal ammo magazine and shooting part was more simple your weapon skill didn't matter any more, i know they explain in game why you have that thermal clips how they cooled gun more faster, but that just make them normal ammo magazine.

I know how that work, if you have let's say total humanity of 50 and lets say you install 2 cyberware that both cost 4 points of humanity, you will now have 42 humanity and you still would be ok no big emotional changes, but lets say you install cyberware that totally cost you 12 points, you will be left with 38 humanity and your character would be more colder with less emotions, lower that number and they can add more effects that influence your emotional state your stats and so on.

That was just example, i know how that system work i see it in mangas, tv shows and other games and so on.

Yeah if net jack in mandatory, i hope rest of cyberware is not, like HUD elements that can be done by some high tech goggles or smart contact lenses, example of that is Batman in Arkham city he don't have cyber eyes but have a lot of stuff on his HUD.

Also really weird is that your bullets counter show when you install Cyber eyes, you don't know how many bullets you magazine holding? i don't work in police or military so i am not big pro with weapons, but i am sure profesonal police and soldier know how much bullets they have in magazine of there weapons, and even know how many shots they fire and when there magazine is half empty.

I recall being told by a dev a certain amount of cyber is mandatory when I made a similar comment.

I read that too, but they didn't know if it was final, I hope they will change that as it could force a malus to social characters (if they are stats, skills and malus of course).

Top Bottom