Cyberpsychosis and you: how should it be implemented?

+
If your emp drops to zero... well, game over...hope you had a save close...

Of course therapy should be available, and expensive, to regain some lost humanity... Drugs may help some too...

IIRC ( been a long time since I played the PnP) the therapy also involved REMOVING cybernetics to try and bring the Empathy back. The woman in the trailer is probably a good example of EMP 1. She gets lucky and the Phyco squad picks her up for therapy. They might remove those scythe blades and some other things to get her humanity back.

So who says Cyberpsychosis is a bad thing? Humans. The evolved transhumanist seems to think otherwise. Which is why I presume they all go crazy because they are held down in a World that suppresses the evolutionary jump. Picture a World run by the master race transhumans. Metal is better than meat.

Why have a bunch of puny humans hold us back?

So who says Cyberpsychosis is a bad thing? Humans. The evolved transhumanist seems to think otherwise. Which is why I presume they all go crazy because they are held down in a World that suppresses the evolutionary jump. Picture a World run by the master race transhumans. Metal is better than meat.

We got us another uppity toaster that thinks he is special... better call C-SWAT...

It was nice knowing ya kid....

Yeaaaah. I need my remaining brain cells. And my vision filters haven't been installed yet, so-oo.

Hum. Interesting side thought: invasive imagery as you travel the Net, just as a civilian. I wonder if you could drive someone over the edge by bombarding them with images and sounds?

I'm with you brother. They call cyberpsycosis a problem, when infact its the next step in evolution! We are homo sapian cyberneticus. Taking advantage of those meatbags is no different than taking advantage of a chimp. And the fact that they have authority over us? That they enslave our kind to fight in thier wars, and work in thier factory's? Absurd! Enough with this! We must fight against the fleshsacks! The era of our suppression is over! We will rise and take our rightful place as the next step in evolution! We the Supras will take this world!

Get real Maytag... washing machines aren't a race.... I would tell ya to stop crying, but you traded your tear ducts in for a pencil sharpener...

OMF Face is melting, my sides...... It's funny because its true.

........And that SPYDER conversion you suggested. Holy shit, it was like reading about the most lethal predator in the universe. Intelligence gathering, HAH!!! Real funny guise, I'm gonna use it for assassinations.

I'm with you brother. They call cyberpsycosis a problem, when infact its the next step in evolution! We are homo sapian cyberneticus. Taking advantage of those meatbags is no different than taking advantage of a chimp. And the fact that they have authority over us? That they enslave our kind to fight in thier wars, and work in thier factory's? Absurd! Enough with this! We must fight against the fleshsacks! The era of our suppression is over! We will rise and take our rightful place as the next step in evolution! We the Supras will take this world!

They should have left well enough alone. Like the way of the dinosaurs, the homo sapiens' time as the apex predator is null. The future belongs to the machines.

Yeaaaah. I need my remaining brain cells. And my vision filters haven't been installed yet, so-oo.

Hum. Interesting side thought: invasive imagery as you travel the Net, just as a civilian. I wonder if you could drive someone over the edge by bombarding them with images and sounds?

In the future, Goatse spam is augmented.

Neural Spam bombs... they flood your brain subliminal advertisements, so your dreams become commercials...shamelessly stolen from Transmetropolitan... They are illegal, but like e-mail scams nearly impossible to trace back to the source...

so we talk about the meat bodies and the tin cans, what about the bit-bodies? Us who have had the pleasure of being ripped into the net by that wonderful app called Soulkiller.
Would cyberpyschosis applied to these bodiless beings? or will a new pyschosis be applied to them?

ideas:

1- you wake up in the morning and there are missing ammo on your invet, tunr on the tv, and that's a report on a man killing people in a far side of the city with the same guns and augs you have, but at first the cant identify the guy,
After some time they start to put pieces together and find you.
2-wet ware heal methods work only 30% of the damage or less after some level of augs.
3- augs overheat or overload your brain and you just lock in the middle of combat for a few seconds.
4- that grid concept is very very cool ass f*****
5-only binary dialogue choice after some level of augs.

ideas:

1- you wake up in the morning and there are missing ammo on your invet, tunr on the tv, and that's a report on a man killing people in a far side of the city with the same guns and augs you have, but at first the cant identify the guy,
After some time they start to put pieces together and find you.

I like this idea. In the TV report they just show your figure from distance, so your face is not recognizable, only clothes etc....but you know it's you. And you start getting paranoid because of both what happened and if and when the Psycho Squad comes to get you. Even if they never come, you're gonna be sweating every time you see their vehicle scanning the street you roll on.

so we talk about the meat bodies and the tin cans, what about the bit-bodies? Us who have had the pleasure of being ripped into the net by that wonderful app called Soulkiller.
Would cyberpyschosis applied to these bodiless beings? or will a new pyschosis be applied to them?

Ghosts are the key to artificial intelligence. That and DMT, because well if a machine can dream, right?

The Interface reads like a dream.

Planning on creating a Netrunner after my Solo playthrough, or the Fixer. I'm seriously going to play every role and play this game for 25 hours a day.

Top Bottom