Cyberpsychosis

+
Here's my updated version of Cyberpsychosis system for the game.

My concept for Cyberpsychosis would be pretty simple. Hear it is:
+ Cyberpsychosis is all based on how high & low the current humanity stats that player have. Since the RPG element in the game "lite" compare to TTRPG, in char creation, V will have inherent humanity stat by default. V can increase & decrease humanity stats depend on choices that V made during story/quests & how much cyberwares implanted. the more cyberwares installed, the lower huamnity stats. The more powerful/high tier cyberware installed, the higher the cost for humanity. The more V connected with other characters & made certain choices, the more increase in humanity stats. It's a system that player ned to balance things out.

+ Cyberpsychosis happened in 3 stages, in concept:
Stage 1:
getting illogical & somewhat losing empathy. Still able to recover without any therapy.
Stage 2: The lose of basic human needs & more towards compulsive violence acts. This need a treatment/therapy.
Stage 3: Full on Cyberpsychosis, possibly a new endings (aka bad endings for the game). Can't recover, GAME OVER. END CREDITS.

Here's how I would implemented it in the basic rudimentary of gameplay for CP2077:
+ With the humanity stats, now V will have a "cyberpsychosis gauge/bar" that very much akin to toxicity gauge in W3. Only this time, at certain level of low humanity stats, cyberpsychosis bar will activate. Upon activation, it acts like a lingering effects that either give buffs & debuffs to certain skills stats & cyberwares. For example, the lower humanity stats is, the higher is buff numbers of certain cyberwares.
+ Cyberpsychosis gauge & heavy augmentation can only be available after having Johnny Silverhand in V's head (after prologue).
+ Cyberpsychosis will keep increasing overtime (at max 3 hour IRL time limit until stage 3) when V still activated/installed way too many cyberwares or very low humanity stats.
+ Stage 1 gauge would be at 10 - 30% (can recover at 10% again via the consumption of immuneblocker).
+ Stage 2 gauge would be at 30% - 90% (can only be recover via visiting special clinic for cyberpsychosis, back at 30% level gauge).
+ Stage 3 gauge would be 90% or so (can't recover, game over, some end scenes & an endings for the game story).

Here are the details for stages implemented gameplay:
+ Stage 1: Making some dialogs & dialogs choices "unavailable" (being X), especially for choices that directly go into empathetic things. V will also sometimes mumbles or hearing voices (machinery & haunting voices) throughout your gameplay. Johnny Silverhand will sometime warn V to recover.
+ Stage 2: V "refuse" (by refuse, it mean unavailable) to sleep, refuse eating, refuse using heal items or boosters, refuse to have "romance/sex," refuse any kind of side activities, except killing or any kind of violent behaviors. BUT, V will get some bonus passive skills that basically improves the stats of V's installed cyberwares. V must visit a cyberpsychosis clinic for some therapy sessions & can only recover back at 30& cyberpsychosis gauge. At level 70% gauge, Johnny Silverhand IS UNAVAILABLE.
+ Stage 3: V will go full on Cyberpsychosis. V can't recover from this. There will be a time skip from memory loss as V suddenly in specific locations, being hunted by MAX-TAC. Surviving within the time limit will get a different ending than being killed within time limit instead. So pretty much get a 2 different bad endings of V's death.

Last edited:
I will just make it complement the already existing story and assets instead since that would make the least effort for the DEV team to implement this and it's low-risk high reward too in my opinion

just tie it to the BIOCHIP RELIC

Now the reason V's not going cyberpsycho is that Relics helping suppress the actual effects of adjusting the body to accept CYBERWAREs as well
BUT THE MORE RELIC SUPPRESS THE CYBERPSYCHOSIS
THE MORE FASTER THE RELIC WILL REWRITE V's BODY TO BECOME JOHNY's
THEN WHEN V's BODY HAVING TOO MUCH CHROME
MEANING MORE RISK OF LOSING THE BODY TO JOHNY

SO when players want to get the strongest install everything and become too OP, the game becomes really easy when players do that
But In exchange for the more easy gameplay is more chance to get the same bad ending as we already got

V's body got DNA to rewrite too much it only accepts Johny's soul and rejects V so either let Johny keep the body or V keep the body but slowly dying

to have a (new secret) good ending players need to not install too much cyberwares on the body

which the game will keep the secrets of the value of it, not showing it anywhere except the percentage of dying that increases faster or slower when looking at the menu (also depend on the difficulty setting as well the easier one to have a slower rate than the harder one)

the players need to determine what is the sweet spot of installing too less makes the game so hard and installing too much lead to bad endings

then almost everything else could just playout as same as before

even better if DEV just does this
ADDING THE SECRET GOOD ENDING FOR DON'T FEAR THE REAPER ENDING WHERE NOBODY DIED
JOHNY GOES BEYOND THE BLACK WALL WITH ALT
AND V NOT DYING AFTER PULLING OUT THE BIOCHIP

WITHOUT LETTING PLAYERS KNOW AT ALL THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO THAT, LET PLAYERS HAVE A SURPRISE WHEN THERE'S A GOOD ENDING IN SECRET

and then put some dark twisted at the after credits that Saburo is still alive as an Engram and using data from V's and Johny to revive himself eventually

1664085680723.png

Last edited:
Don't personally need it (if instead the resources are invested into something else I mean), I just go by that V is uniquely shielded or has a very high threshold against Cyberpsychosis due to the engram/shard.

Whilst not perfectly Cyberpsychosis, V dealing with the affects of a broken shard in his head, and an engram personality construct that is killing and making him sick is enough "cyberpsychosis" for me to deal with in game. Anything other than that might just feel tacked on for difficulty sake, to put on more limits in gameplay, and have the player manage something that is mostly detached from the story.

I vote "cyberpsychosis doesn't exist because it's an abelist concept."

Unpopular as that may be.
Like I wrote in other topic. There's also that science part. What is human, what we know about homo-sapiens and then start to measure what is less homo-sapiens. Science doesn't support it, philosophically it's a dead end too. Even it might be difficult when seeing horrors we are willing to commit, only path forward is to accept it, accept us for what we are. Our cultural evolution is based on that realization.

Ohhh, haven't heard about it possibly being in the game, but it seems like something that could be quite exciting! Let's say it is random and you never know when it happens, so you keep adding more cyberstuff to your V and then suddenly boom - you go cyberpsycho: police on tier 3 alert and all gangs are you enemies. As for mechanic - haha, the goal could be to stop yourself from killing everyone while your V would be on a auto-snap killing mode.

OR, or it could be a potential for a sort of multiplayer mode when a random player takes over your V and you end up with surprising states when you're back in-character. But like with an encouraged distraction that is rewarded, so it actually has an impact.

My concept would be more friendly with the current game.

Make all the Cyberware available to buy and install from 0 with still the same attitude required to properly function, if your character doesnt have enough level you can still use it but you have chance of getting blackout/see suddenly a lot of enemies attacking and chasing you (you would have to kill them like the clown/aliens/rampage minigame from gta or you die) and then after a minute or two you have 4 possible scenarios:

1 you still conscious but you have like a poison effect, if you dont get any meds shots it will increase from low to very high in a short period of time (1 min), this would last for 5 minutes so you would need to get 1 - 2 shots of any meds x minute during this or you basically die.

2 you suddenly wake up on a different location with a ton of innocent ppl corpses around and police actively looking for you

3 the amount of enemies never stop of increase and you die and see how max-tac finished you off the cyberpsychosis.

4 you suddenly wake up from the blackout in regina location and she tells you how wrong the things went and she had to help you before max-tac showed up

This would make bring the game the chance of enjoying your character early but also making it a lot more tedious cause it would prevent you from finishing assault/secondary quests (if you try to use the high level cyberware ofc)

I would make only available scenario 1 in the main quests to prevent glitches and script editing the entire game again.

Also the game difficulty would increase the chance of triggering cyberpsychosis

Easy - 20 %
Normal - 35 %
Hard - 50%
Very Hard - 70%

Keep in mind cyberpsychosis would only happen if your character is using any cyberware with higher attitude/level required. Meaning a maxed character couldnt trigger cyberpsychosis. This could also be worked implementing blackmarket/experimental cyberware giving small better buffs compared to normal cyberware but ignoring your level and adding the cyberpsychosis chance always.

As long as it's optional just for people who want it, then that's fine. But there's no way I want to deal with that annoyance. If it ever becomes a core mechanic in this game or the eventual sequel, then I'll be the first person downloading the mod that turns it off.

Top Bottom