Cyberpunk 2 should have multiple protagonists

+
Back in 2012/2013 I pitched the idea of playing several different characters, and their stories occasionally cross and are loosely connected, think the movie Short Cuts.
The idea was not well-received back then but I do think its a viable option for telling a great Cyberpunk story. As we all know the Roles of Cyberpunk are vastly different and they do not share the same story with each other, Solo does not have the same story as a Rockerboy who in turn doesn't have the same story as a Cop. This way we get to experience each role in its natural habitat as the story will be specifically crafted for them, instead of having what we have now in CP2077 were we start as a nomad, street(who imo is just a solo) or corpo only for them to merge into one story 20min later. The ideas I pitched was you start as a Rockerboy, then a Solo, then Corpo (Evil) and finally Netrunner who is the hardest class of them all. What do you guys think?

Cyberpunk 2? Man the actual game hasn't even come out yet. We are all playing a beta. Just wait for the first game to be finished before we start talking about a sequel lol.

This is completely unrelated. But the 24/h stream in your sig, is that in game music or similar music?

Back in 2012/2013 I pitched the idea of playing several different characters, and their stories occasionally cross and are loosely connected, think the movie Short Cuts.
The idea was not well-received back then but I do think its a viable option for telling a great Cyberpunk story. As we all know the Roles of Cyberpunk are vastly different and they do not share the same story with each other, Solo does not have the same story as a Rockerboy who in turn doesn't have the same story as a Cop. This way we get to experience each role in its natural habitat as the story will be specifically crafted for them, instead of having what we have now in CP2077 were we start as a nomad, street(who imo is just a solo) or corpo only for them to merge into one story 20min later. The ideas I pitched was you start as a Rockerboy, then a Solo, then Corpo (Evil) and finally Netrunner who is the hardest class of them all. What do you guys think?
I would have to say no as well. Its one of the main issues I have with GTA, which is that I can't make my own character. Now in GTAs defence it never claims to be an RPG as far as I know. But I don't really care to much about characters that I don't really feel in control of.

In a RPG what I like is that you can select a class, warrior, mage etc. and don't really have any issues with how CP does it, and just leave it completely open sort of like fallout style. But still I can choose that my character should be a pistol wearing "agent" type of character that doesn't give a shit about anyone, if that is what I like. Whereas if its like GTA you are just handed one and you just spectate this character. And GTA 5 uses this switch between characters, which to me, makes it so I finally gotten a little bit into one of them, and then it switches to another and I almost want to just close the game. It almost happened in CP as well when you switch to Silverhand and only the others times, when I had interacted with him I could accept it, or when it was actually part of a mission and me allowing it.

I think it would be awesome if you could be a rockerboy etc. but they should be career choices or what to call them made in the start of the game, which might give you certain abilities or be able to play at bars as a way to make money. Give access or choices in the game if you get famous etc. But it should be a choice I made and not something im forced into, as I think it breaks immersion having to "care" for so many characters with different gear, personalities etc.

Last edited:
My hope is that another developer makes a cyberpunk game/sequel.

no other developer can make this. the only thing close to CDPR is Bioware and they are long gone. CDPR has great vision its just that their execution is lacking. I do believe if they get another crack at this they will deliver. Remember Witcher 1 was very average in terms of tech, they will get it right. Just need deeper RPG mechanics.

no other developer can make this. the only thing close to CDPR is Bioware and they are long gone. CDPR has great vision its just that their execution is lacking. I do believe if they get another crack at this they will deliver. Remember Witcher 1 was very average in terms of tech, they will get it right. Just need deeper RPG mechanics.
CDPR can make a game like this, I still don't doubt that. But something, which we might never know happened during the development of this game. There are simply to many half finished features in it for there not to have been.

And hopefully they can get it sorted, because they have very good and ambitious ideas when it comes to game, but clearly something during development is not working well, whether that is how they do and manage things that are not working or some other stuff, we can only guess about.

They will just keep adding to CP77 or just abandon completely and continue doing Witcher?

What exists, so far, is the position of the company, at least of its CEOs, that will improve the performance and overall quality of life of the game, in that post called 'An Important Update'.

I'd prefer a game with one char (me, yay!) that they fully dev multiple lifepaths for. That being unrealistic (essentially multiple full games packaged as one), I'd accept different games (sequels) where the main char is a specific lifepath and full fleshed out, as it's pretty clear (IMO) that CP2077 was intended for you to be told from the perspective of streetkid. Maybe the next one (god willing) you play a full corpo lifepath character.

Top Bottom