Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
yeah, it's quite obvious that many things are clear exaggerations of what happened in the late '80s (when CP2020 was created) and of the fears of those years for the future (many actually are reality).
I expect the same for 2077 but with today's fears and problems (don't know if the mass was already aware of global warming 30 years ago).

Financial manipulation by crooked stock traders and bankers, corrupt leadership in intelligence and law enforcement agencies ... Mike??? You wrote this stuff in the 80's ...right? Right???

"...no single government, or block of governments, could or were willing to step up to become the new world financial superpower."

Is that not smacking of absolute truth?

We're number 1!!! WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!

What...?

Provisions!? Subsidies and support!?!? Responsibility!?

No comment. (Political smile.)

I'm amazed ... Canada missed it's big chance.
The world economy could have been based on Tim Hortons.

Banana Wars part II !

Seems some people, mostly politicians (or would be politicians) never seem to learn from history.

"This time it will be different because it's my idea."

sosassy.gif

Learn from history?

How, if history seemingly repeats itself, just in different shades or under new names?

:sleep:
the idea is that you study history so that when an event occurrs you know how to tackle it, or you can actually force an event to happen. Problem is people don't study. It's like the hate for immigrants (jews at the time) in europe back in 1930s' that was strongly related to the economic crisis of 1929 (and german's in particular after WW1) and the crisis of 2008 linked to the rise of far right winged parties in the last few years (other things are involved in both cases, though). No comments about that, it's forbidden by forum rules, just describing what is going on right now from an historical point of view [...}

Last edited by a moderator:
...and they all lived happily ever after.

Tricky, little fairy. She was casting "Level 9 Armageddon".

Mua...ha...ha...ha...

I'd copywrite you for stealing my image @SigilFey but yes ... YES ... I was responsible for the environmental collapse!!!!!

Ya know. Since telecommunications, radio, television are all tied together in the NET of 2020 how do these even function after the destruction of the NET? No more ability to make long distance calls? No more international news? No more live sporting events?

Top Bottom