Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
Ya know. Since telecommunications, radio, television are all tied together in the NET of 2020 how do these even function after the destruction of the NET? No more ability to make long distance calls? No more international news? No more live sporting events?

An excellent question... and quite possibly one of the reasons why the world didn't just instantly recover from the 4th Corporate War.

An excellent question... and quite possibly one of the reasons why the world didn't just instantly recover from the 4th Corporate War.
It certainly explains a recovery period. But sooner rather then later some replacement for these services would have to be implemented. Or else we revert back to the early 1900's (pre radio). And I don't see that happening.

Damn neat idea. Problem is every user apparently imposes their own "reality" on the NET. Fine if you're dealing exclusively with the NET but what happens when you run across another user? Who's "reality" takes precedence?

(( Yeah, I know I'm a pain-in-the ass ... so do all the forum regulars :ohstopit::cool::shrug: But someone has to ask the hard questions! ))

The Cyperdeck would have to work as an interpreter translating the NET into what 'reality' you want and your interactions in your 'reality' into something that works in the NET, in Full-Duplex for the sake of as little latency as possible. Else it simply wouldn't work. That way two people imposing each their own 'reality' on teh NET would be able to easily interact with each other. I suspect their wouldn't even be any language barrier.

This is one of my favorite things that I know nothing about...
Neither do the rest of us.

We know with 100% certainty (verified by Maximum Mike and CDPR) netrunning in CP2077 will not work the same as it does in CP2020, but we currently have no clue how it will work.

Yeah and the netrunning is what I am most excited about...
Not sure what to be exciteds about clearly.

But for sure excited!

I'm a little curious about this.

From what we've seen depicted in the videos we have available, netrunners seem to have a net running suite where they recline and jack into the net, but, what are the options for a more mobile net runner?
I haven't noticed what could equate to a cyber deck in any of the videos, just the suite set up, and I'm getting the impression that netrunners in CP2077, perhaps due 50 years advancements in technology, have what was once required in a cyberdeck installed now all as headware with maybe some extra plugs to facilitate higher bandwith connections.

I don't know.

In a way, I like both options. The cyberdeck is a nice throwback, but, at the same time too, it's another other thing in your inventory what's got to get taken out and fumbled around with.

hmmm

I'd imagine a mobile deck is used "in the field" and the home luxury suite for long term investigative and dirty deeds runs.

We saw that guy at the Arasaka meeting getting fried, I'm sure it took days to weeks to infiltrate past the security. You don't just log on, bypass a couple firewalls, then fry a senior exec in a few minutes.

I just really hope it isn't wireless everywhere. Please don't make things wireless, that's a mistake for this world to make. Having a terminal of sorts, with a secure-ish line, powered sufficiently is a mainstay in the genre. Maybe because of the 80's but I would never trust wireless.

Mobile is different, I am all for mobile set ups. It's one of my hopes that netrunning gear can be carried around with you as you explore the city. All the while being able to jack into certain spots. I was wondering if braindance terminals, like the vending machine, could be "hacked" (mainly because it looks like braindance will be all over the place). Not so much for the vending machine contents, but because braindance, once bought or once your "in", could offer back doors into certain areas. Or maybe it's just a playback purposed thing, I can only think that it would be tied to the net somehow though.

Obviously both Mike and CDPR know how networks work (probably better then I do, I was a programmer not a net admin). The problem is gameplay.

As much as I harp on realism I also realize certain concessions have to be made for the sake of game play/balance. The thing is puters EXCEL at record keeping an number crunching and as much as some players demand to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes that's also true in games that are complex simulations, and people figure them out ... always. So there's absolutely no need to simplify things for the convenience of little Billy. CP2077 is an adult game not Fortnite the people that should be playing it can handle complex gameplay features.

Problem is many players want a simple shoot-em-up and many of us are hoping CP2077 won't be.

Yeah, I thank goodness CDPR is working on 2077. I don't think many of us would be here, or as hyped as we are if the target audience was nitefort regulars. My body goes into a seizure-like cringe thinking about the mess other studios would make if they somehow acquired the cyberpunk license. Thank you Mike for being over-protective of it.

Try all the flavors!

This is a nice official spin on the concept of perceptions getting mixed through interpretation/real time rendered output...Although, this is "early net"...Moar net lore! This is great! Wonder how certain drugs could have an effect on your experience with the net?

Exactly my point in an earlier post.

When netrunners meet who's virtual reality trumps who's?

This net info is getting me all hot and bothered, it's like how iRL internet should be. Instead we get a funneling effect toward censorship because people can't handle too much info getting to the plebs. Imagine the rainbow s*** storm that would occur if this was actual tech being worked on IRL.

Top Bottom