Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
Nomad was my favorite when I was kid. Cyberpunk PnP that is. I gotta watch Mayans MC TV-series in fact, now when Im subbed to HBO.

There's also the people who will wait on animations to offer an attempt to "surf the Av's". Like drop down on top of TT's vehicle (or an AV with repetitive animation) and just see how far they can get.

I picture your companion spawning on top of TT's AV and flying off with them to the next job. It may not be roach, but if it's Jackie or somebody then that's just hilarious, but also very wtf...

"And Jackie flew away surfing the big TT"

Jackie: "JJAAAIIIiiiinnnnnnnnnnaaaaa!"

Nope.

You REALLY don't want to be behind it when it fires!

"You REALLY only want your enemies behind you when it fires."

Fixed....It's a one extra ammo...:cool:

All that is needed now is a crazy horn that plays "La Cucaracha" or something...

Also hoping that if rocket propelled weapons are found in 2077 that things like backblast are taken into account. At least for the cheaper weapon options. So if you wanted to burn the face off someone behind you it could be possible...big maybe, meh...:shrug:

Not sure if it'll be a big part, but probably a part.

I'm betting if you need to ground travel outside Night City you'll need to hook up with a Nomad convoy for safety.

Guest 4149880

Well if Nomads are the Mad Max of Cyberpunk, will there be a wasteland outside the city in 2077? Has this been revealed in any way?

Well if Nomads are the Mad Max of Cyberpunk, will there be a wasteland outside the city in 2077? Has this been revealed in any way?

We know there are "outskirts" and they extend quite some ways off Night City limits but that's about it.

The E3 2018 trailer showed a scene with what I can only describe as two 'hillbillies' in a arid desert like area so.. take from that what you will.

I'm wanting to know the same things. I'm really hoping to see, at least, a snippet of nomads and the environment outside NC come out of what ever is going to happen at E3.

Guest 4149880

West coast of Night City is basically all ocean so id imagine far east is the wasteland. Does Night City have walls built around it to separate the city from the wasteland?

West coast of Night City is basically all ocean so id imagine far east is the wasteland. Does the Night City have walls built around it to separate the city from the wasteland?

That's a good question for the Tumblr AMA. I wanna know as well...
We know there are "outskirts" and they extend quite some ways off Night City limits but that's about it.

The E3 2018 trailer showed a scene with what I can only describe as two 'hillbillies' in a arid desert like area so.. take from that what you will.

That was one of my favorite shots from the trailer because of the fact that it didn't look too cyberpunk. Looking forward to interactions like these.

Guest 4149880

Didn't they remove those screenshots of the cyber rednecks for some reason? I do recall that part of the trailer but I assumed it was just a lower end area of Night City, not the wasteland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they remove those screenshots of the cyber rednecks for some reason? I do recall that part of the trailer but I assumed it was just a lower end area of Night City, not the wasteland.

Well they're pretty much part of the trailer but, yea, it doesn't look like a wasteland, but to me, neither does it look like part of Night City per se. I kinda thought about it like how it was in GTA 5.. you had the Los Santos city area and the surrounding area with deserts, hills, mountains, small towns etc.. Still, i could be wrong, not a lot to go on for now.

87j9rd2tpb311.png

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Well they're pretty much part of the trailer but, yea, it doesn't look like a wasteland, but to me, neither does it look like part of Night City per se. I kinda thought about it like how it was in GTA 5.. you had the Los Santos city area and the surrounding area with deserts, hills, mountains, small towns etc.. Still, i could be wrong, not a lot to go on for now.

Its more or less the atypical dystopian slums area. Definitely not the wastelands, which I would expect to look like Mad Max or similar. I agree its certainly not within main city limits, maybe the old city... But man the detail of this game = Hype

If you go east from the location Night City is suppose to be in you quickly hit the San Joaquin valley which is pretty arid in real-life. MAJOR irrigation allows it to be pretty productive currently however. So assuming the infrastructure has degraded, and add CP2077s climate issues, you have "Mad Maxx".

The strip along the coast is pretty green but no rain makes it across the Rocky Mountain from the east and what comes in off the Pacific tends to drop it's rain along the coast because the of the Santa Cruz and Gabilan mountains that parallel the coast.

Last edited:
If space is teased and a potential offshoot or "landscape", area, whatever to visit, I think it's likely that a trip to the outskirts or wasteland is also very possible.

If not via main game, then DLC. Or the next game. I bet on this.

I am really hoping that after this initial release that other "extensions" and DLCs are added just like the source books were with 2020.

Where more and more of the world makes sense over time, and things in the story start to click as we find out what is happening in other countries, on the net, or in land/space scapes. The world in the source books got way big. Imagine 2077's map in five years. I also gotta feeling the first game is going to end on a cliffhanger that will make everyone want more.

...the hype may never end.:oops:

Top Bottom