Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
Imagine people coming from old farming families or where certain skills were usually handed down getting thrust into a Cyberpunk world. They have their hands, skills, and each other after all the technological advancements, but that's about it.

It looks like the same thing happening IRL.

Guest 4149880

If space is teased and a potential offshoot or "landscape", area, whatever to visit, I think it's likely that a trip to the outskirts or wasteland is also very possible.

If not via main game, then DLC. Or the next game. I bet on this.

I want to be able to go off road in the desert wasteland with a 2077 equivalent of a 69 Camaro with offroad suspension and built on miniguns.. Do it better then whatever the hell Rage 2 unfortunately became.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine people coming from old farming families or where certain skills were usually handed down getting thrust into a Cyberpunk world. They have their hands, skills, and each other after all the technological advancements, but that's about it.

It looks like the same thing happening IRL.
Us farmers (I grew up on a 160 acre farm) and ranchers tend to be a pretty self reliant bunch. A lot of it is sheer practicality. You fix your own machinery whenever possible because it cost to much to have a "professional" mechanic do it; same with building repair/maintenance.

To be honest I have no clue how the "agri business" types run things (that whole thing started after I left the farm) but I suspect it's not much different.

I want to be able to go off road in the desert wasteland with a 2077 equivalent of a 69 Camaro with offroad suspension and built on miniguns.. Do it better then whatever the hell Rage 2 unfortunately became.

Now while I still question (until clearly proven otherwise through statements or footage for this game) the ability to witness an extensive "wasteland" outside the city - in the sense of being able to freely come and go after a certain point in the game, opposed to it being a limited linear area for a quest or plot part - the potential is there for the series itself. Or a DLC.

Also, just think about it. The contrast between inner city, outer city and wasteland. From Cyberpunk to Mad Max and back, theme-wise. Kinda reminds me heavily of Fallout New Vegas. The game just somehow was able to blend in so many themes in one map thanks to locations and factions / people you meet. You have this weird cowboy or wild west starting area and depending from where you go from there, can end up in a huge war between a military force, a slaver legion, you can end up in a rural area with tribals or a sci-fi high-tech environment at BIG MT, or the civilization at the strip, to dark underground bases and vaults or see a horror environment at Sierra Madre that has bank heist and SAW elements.

While outdated tech-wise and played and modded through endless times (kinda loses its charm after so much time in there) and while it has its faults, I must heavily credit the game for being able to blend in so many different themes in one map or plot.

Kinda hoping that Cyberpunk '77 is able to deliver a similar rich and broad experience in themes. So far I think the game world itself will naturally encourage this, from the almost "not-of-this-world" corporate power centers and inner city areas, to the seedy areas, the slums, the mere industrial outskirts, the wastelands beyond the city or even space. The urban environment will dominate more than the rural areas of Fallout and other comparable games.

Wondering if it's easier or harder to add diverse landscapes or themes in a mostly city environment. We'll see soon, I suppose.

If not in 2077 the second game would be awesome if you could be a Nomad . Do Nomads have members who fill all the rolls of CP or just Solo`s ?

If not in 2077 the second game would be awesome if you could be a Nomad . Do Nomads have members who fill all the rolls of CP or just Solo`s ?

The lore on the Nomads is pretty cool.

If the game is successful enough to warrant a sequel, a Nomad origin for the protagonist could be interesting.

"Nomad" is both a role (i.e. character class) and a social status in CP2020. Some "Nomads" are techs, some are hackers, some are "solos", some are even pre-school teachers.

Good news...

"There's also an option to choose your background: street kid, nomad, or corporate. It's not just for your head canon either. Your background opens up certain dialogue choices throughout the entire game."

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2019-gameplay/

Life is tough enough as a "Nomad" without fighting each other. Smart guy that Malachi ... and even more so for convincing the others to go along with it.

An underwater city has the major advantage of being able to control it's climate and air quality, and the disadvantage of being VERY vulnerable to attack. Not sure I'd want to live in one.

I "like" the fact that the common citizen found both the gangs and the police equally unpalatable.

Top Bottom