Cyberpunk 2020 Play by Post Databook- Title Subject to Change

+
Competent bodyguards ain't cheap.

Also, Rockerboy pay is an average - HIGHLY unlikely that is a salary. It's really more to determine your starting wage at char creation. If you sign nearly any music contract, they cover protection.

Not to mention, when we start play, I check to see who is and isn't unemployed. Tee!

Not to mention, when we start play, I check to see who is and isn't unemployed. Tee!

*raises her hand*

Highly unlikely to be employed.
VERY recent university grad just arrived in Night City to join her parents who were transferred here by the Corp, then the "something" happens and she's a "Stranger in a Strange Land."

Humm ... might be why I took a vital yet often not very popular "Role" for the character ... the fledgling team is gonna need a Netrunner and someone that can keep their toys in working order.

Last edited:
Otis's offer is 1900eb/month, as discounts are very appealing to people, just look at the Steam market and Black Friday. That, and taking care of stage crashers seems (SEEMS) less hazardous than dealing with other rabble, so a slight discount is in order.

Also, do on-stage shootings/beatings enhance the shows' performance?

That, and taking care of stage crashers seems (SEEMS) less hazardous than dealing with other rabble, so a slight discount is in order.

Also, do on-stage shootings/beatings enhance the shows' performance?

While I have zero experience with concert security I'd suspect stage crashers are drunk, drugged, or psycho-fans ...

---------- Updated at 01:15 PM ----------

So @Sardukhar, I need a cost for an armored backpack for my deck that can be unfolded into an armored one-person mini dome tent to cower in during firefights.

Currently visiting in laws, otherwise I'd be working on this character. Going to try to have her ready by Sunday night.

Look choombatta, you want me to be cunning or clever; become somebody. As it stands you ain't nobody I've ever heard of, and while slimy may not be appetizing, it is effective out on the streets. Once you start bookin shows to play for suits, then I'll start dressin my self up.

first, fixers don't ask permission, they convince the mark they are essential!

second, she doesn't need a sleazy manager. she needs the the greatest, most handsomest, most successful, most connected, hit slingingest manager in the history of music that is totally going to make her bigger than the beatles... and totally not fuck her over on the royalties when the gravy train derails :innocent:

everybody knows the music industry is one big stroke job, just ask billy. first you "put your right hand out, give a firm handshake, talk to me about that one big break..."

So I need a cost for an armored backpack for my deck that can be unfolded into an armored one-person mini dome tent to cower in during firefights.

Not sure if serious? If so, make it up! As I told eraser, a lot of this minor stuff is going to be self directed. Just be reasonable and when you get it wrong, I'll take it away and punish you.

It sounds like you want a a backpack that turns into a sleeping bag? I'd say the higher the SP the bulkier the pack and the higher the cost. Probably find some samples in the book, actually, maybe Chrome 4? Looking at Armours now, I see an SP18 Med Armour Jacket, covers the Torso and Arms is 200eb and a sleeping bag is 25eb. That has an encumbrance of 1. So a whole sleeping bag version that folds into a pack is probably...500eb? + 25eb for convenience? Could double the cost for fancy.

Chrome...is it 3? Has armour modification costs and I think SoF 2 does and probably also IU.

A lot of the fun of the PbP game will come from people just freewheeling inventing scenes and NPCs and situations and gear and rolling with it. Just don't be crazy or silly. Remember to add a Brand Name (TM)!

Edit: having just perused Wisdom's compiled weapons and gear list, I would be surprised if anyone -needs- to make something up for quite some time. Yowza. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ndle for Cyberpunk from Datafortress 2020.rar

Last edited:
sounds like you want a bomb blanket... taking the security blanket to it's logical extreme
http://bulletproofme.com/Ballistic-Blankets.shtml

normally I'd recommend current cost /2 for conversion to euros but kevlar is stupid cheap in CP. hell, if you don't care about looks, just sew together 5 pairs of Gibson jeans 8)

Last edited:
Just so my character isn't completely helpless I was thinking of giving her scratchers in her nails. I also read that you can get fangs with poison in them. Is that something you'd allow Sardukhar?

That way at least she could fend off human muggers and such. Obviously wouldn't do much against a cyberpsycho or anything like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom