Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
The game has so much potential!
CDPR can integrate anything the community could wish for.
There are so many pages of wish lists!
But here in the forum there are far too few CDPR moderators and developers actively involved.
That's not a good sign!

I hope it will end well!

Vote for 1!

But here in the forum there are far too few CDPR moderators and developers actively involved.
That's not a good sign!

Don't see it as a bad sign.

First, more moderators wouldn't really change anything. As far as reliable feedback.

Secondly, you can bet that the developers are on here. Regularly. Under different usernames. Whether it's to participate in the conversation in a non official way or simply to gather feedback on the game they've spent years creating, they're here.

Don't expect them to answer. Now is really not the time for anyone to speak in an official manner.

I don't see long term development happening, as it will not bring beefy profit to investors. Maybe they will release expansion but most likely they will just stop on game running acceptable milestone and move on making other game.
The release of CP was not to please investors, some of them are suing them, despite the game selling very well. Investors don't invest money in companies, if they don't trust them. So if that is what they want, they need to regain trust with them as well. One thing is that you bought a game that weren't as you thought, it's a whole other thing, if you invested a lot of money in something and it was nothing like you were told and when asking question about it, is not being told the truth.

Investors are in the same boat as the gamers in that regard, they only have the information that CDPR gives them and if these are not to be trusted that is not good. Would you invest in a company you didn't trust? :D

The release of CP was not to please investors, some of them are suing them, despite the game selling very well. Investors don't invest money in companies, if they don't trust them. So if that is what they want, they need to regain trust with them as well. One thing is that you bought a game that weren't as you thought, it's a whole other thing, if you invested a lot of money in something and it was nothing like you were told and when asking question about it, is not being told the truth.

Investors are in the same boat as the gamers in that regard, they only have the information that CDPR gives them and if these are not to be trusted that is not good. Would you invest in a company you didn't trust? :D
game technically is still success, so as long as investor got their money they are fine. Let me state it differently you invested into something and well things went sideways, you haven't reached target goals, reputation is ruined etc, but still got money you invested back plus some profit, not as the one you expected but still. And then you're on crossroad, will you keep investing into product which has a lot of issues, like the product itself is walking issue or you move on and invest into better project. Ofc, you can try to fix and save it, but that means you will have to rebuild product itself and make new one. If lets say the problem was in bugs and mechanics well it worth investing but not if every aspect is a problem itself.

But for each it is own. I have some approximate understanding at which state the game is and from them i draw my conclusions. And to solve these problems it will take a lot of efforts, time and basically if they will go that path and you'll play updated version it will be as you would play cyberpunk for first time as it will be whole another game.

Well sure... why not start making mobile games riddled with microtransactions for the Chinese "marked" while they are ad it? Not promising anything and therefore not having to achieve anything nor to strive to be better! Just milking the paypiggis inside a stale and boring industry... well at least there are still some decent indi developer out there!
when they made Witcher 1 they didn't go around promising stuff, they just made the game that at the end many liked.
When they are ready to ship something the way they seems fit, then show it to us and we decide whether to buy or not. I don't want to buy promises, if you want to buy their promises then you are the fool not them

A of course.
CDPR should hold to cp77 like a jewel and keep full focus on it for a few years.
The game is a jewel.
It does not need polish yet. It first needs cutting to be finished.
  • Various subsystems are awesome such as driving and gunplay, or quite close such as stealth and melee where some revamping could do good.
  • CDPR quite dwelled on its past success in quest branching, no matter what Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz and Pawel Sasko said.
    Intra-quest branching is - mostly - great.
    What really lacks is inter-quest graph density :
    • building up endings in a more complex way. Where are the 4(?) things disseminated during the playthrough that made Ciri come back?
    • The hackneyed persistence of choice - relation to gangs/fixers/police...
    • Inter-romance repercussions
  • CDPR can use this urban foundation to increase its skills in open-worldiness and catch up to Rockstar. Major focus on AI obviously.
  • One much happier ending, hard to build up - leaning for a Hanako path & full-V-recovery one.
  • Deeper material on the netrunning lore - the Dream on DLC ?

• The arm-long list of QoL missing is doable through busy work (polish).
  • The litany of bugs is likely to be solved through a combination of paying tech debt scrapping in the script sub-engine duct tape (cutting), and heavy QA (polish).

I hope that they don't go for fully autonomous DLCs this time, but instead weave them hard with the existing content : there is not enough magic sauce in the game yet.
This is not just about adding, but also overhauling things : there's a lot of work. Be bold and stay committed dudes.

Hope for the best.

Last edited:
game technically is still success, so as long as investor got their money they are fine. Let me state it differently you invested into something and well things went sideways, you haven't reached target goals, reputation is ruined etc, but still got money you invested back plus some profit, not as the one you expected but still. And then you're on crossroad, will you keep investing into product which has a lot of issues, lake the product itself is walking issue or you move on and invest into better project. Ofc, you can try to fix and save it, but that means you will have to rebuild product itself and make new one. If lets say the problem was in bugs and mechanics well it worth investing but not if every aspect is a problem itself.

But for each it is own. I have some approximate understanding at which state the game is and from them i draw my conclusions. And to solve these problems it will take a lot of efforts, time and basically if they will go that path and you'll play updated version it will be as you would play cyberpunk for first time as it will be whole another game.
It depends when you invested in CDPR, if you did it when the price was very low, obviously you will still make money, but not everyone did that. And regardless of when a person did it or whether they made money or not. It is still not an excuse to misinform or "hide" these things from people, which is what they are angry about.

It's easy to look at investors as being greedy people counting money (being one myself as I have invested in CDPR), but not based on CP alone and still have confident in them fixing this in a good way. But if no one cared to invest money in these companies, far fewer games would be possible, especially if it's a newly started company. So you invest in a company because you believe in their vision, future and ideas, but obviously also that you will go away with more than you came with, if that were not the case, there would be no reason to invest and it would be charity.

So as I see it, it's about trust in the end. And as an investor you have to trust the company in the end and that they are giving you the correct information so you can make a qualified choice of whether you should keep supporting them or not.

Basically no different as them telling players that this is what the game is like and then when you buy it, it's nothing like that, people get angry about that as well.

when they made Witcher 1 they didn't go around promising stuff, they just made the game that at the end many liked.
When they are ready to ship something the way they seems fit, then show it to us and we decide whether to buy or not. I don't want to buy promises, if you want to buy their promises then you are the fool not them

Well isn't that swell... you just negated an entire industry and entire sections of the law dedicated to it... nice! I admire your outlook on the world! Advertising... just don't do it (who needs it anyway)... but if you do it, the people who hold you to it are the dumb ones! Epic!

There is no way they will make Cyberpunk 2077 2.0, we can expect fixes and expansions and 2022/2023 multiplayer similar to GTA Online, which is best way they can go and I doubt they will leave Cyberpunk without updates and move on. They just need to release updates not like Rockstar and their support for GTA and RDO.

We are having not very great launch of this new IP, but I believe we can expect bright future. mark my words

I disagree, everyone know that you can't trust cinematic trailers as they tell you nothing about what the game is like. But a gameplay trailer and what is said in them you ought to be able to trust, because you don't expect things to drastically change, unless it's like extremely early alpha.

If you watch this short early access gameplay trailer from Divinity, you would expect to be able to do what is presented here. And I think most people that have played it, would agree that it is pretty much spot on. Notice they state that choice have consequences.... but also that some more than others.

You don't get that impression from CP gameplay trailers, interviews etc. So why would people be fools, if that is what they keep saying?

This is what I want to see CDPR work on and fix in the coming year:

- You can't customize weapon skins in any way, which I think should be possible, perhaps not for Iconic weapons, or maybe Iconic weapons have even cooler skins you can change between.

- There is no way to upgrade or work on your vehicles. And you can't sell or get rid of one if you bought it by accident or don't want it anymore. This breaks immersion to a high degree in a game like this. And so far it only feels like Borderlands without the cartoony graphics. Let us make that shitty car into a beast in one or several garages, just like they have ripperdocs and so on.

- The random NPCs out in the city streets are wearing cooler clothes than V can ever get. Depending on the random loot of gigs and whatever you may get something nice you haven't seen before, but as I see it more than HALF of the the clothes I have seen on NPCs are not available from neither loot nor clothing stores around Night City. Please let us be able to get access to ALL the same clothes we see on NPCs.

- If you are dead set on making this multiplayer crap I'm hearing about you will lose most of your players. Multiplayer is NOT where your attention needs to be. Stop it. STOP.

- Traffic in the game is bizarre. I often like to drive normally and not be a complete maniac to try and RP or immerse myself into the game. But that is very difficult when cars just stop at random and NEVER move again for no reason, no obstacle no red stop lights etc. Traficants don't even attempt to drive around your stupidly parked vehicle, and very often cars will just change lane right in front of you, sometimes sending you flying into an NCPD patrol that ends up calling for reinforcements immediately so they can murder you for being cut off by a dumbass. Just.... Please make traffic more intelligent.

- On the topic of traffic, you will encounter NCPD on the streets of Night City, but to great frustration they will simply view you as a threat and immediately try to kill you for just walking casually up to them and looking at them for too long. I tried this with a patrol cause I wanted to see what they were doing, and this droid cop right away starts shouting "YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO COMPLY, MOVE AWAY FROM THE PREMISES" and I nearly shit myself. Note: They were just standing somewhere looking into the great nothing. I realize that fixing the wanted system and the police in general is a matter of some pretty hefty coding, but I can also murder like 10 cops in City Center and just run for 30 sec and they will forget all about me while frantically spawning in random locations behind me.

Now... Over to romance. This is what made me completely lose interest in the game as a whole, and I will explain why.
In for example Mass Effect or Dragon Age, what I remember the most from those games is the way I chose to play them around my choice of romance. The romance aspect in games like these have such a strong impact and absolutely does make or break a game. There is such a lack in depth when it comes to romance it feels completely flat and desolate of all immersion, that is AFTER successfully completing a romance.
For instance, I did Judy's romance and I LOVED it! The missions, the dialogues and just everything about it was amazing up to the point where you finish her story and successfully romance her. After that it all turns sour, there is no more interaction other than the same 3 repeating lines over and over, some cute texts and then that's it.
Now I will quote myself and another user "Trinixy" from some other threads regarding this issue which is currently ruining the whole game for so many people. This is what we think would bring a CRAPTON of life and immersion to the game:

This is a merge of 2 comments from the thread "Romance options and updates", both pretty much saying the same things, but I think both comments have really solid points:

MY COMMENT FROM "Romance options and updates":
I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)

QUOTING USER «TRINIXY»:
The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

And to anyone who actually read all this: Please make CDPR see this. They need to.

When will the bozos learn that you can't patch story. Its better to move on to Cyberpunk 2.

You keep saying that... i am genuinely curious! What makes you think that they are even capable of creating that fabled Cyberpunk 2? I however can not look at CP77 and say to myself: "Damn, what an awesome game, if only the story wasn't this botched!" Every aspect of this game is at most 20% of what it could and should be... after 7 years... what makes you think that taking what they got and starting anew to create CP77-2 (and then ask for another 60 bucks) would create a better outcome than improving on what they have now? I am not antagonizing here.... i am genuinely curious! I want to understand your thought process! What makes you think they could possibly sell us an CP77-2 that is the game they made CP77 out to be during 2 years of marketing? Trust issues from investors and customers aside... what makes you think they can actually do it?
Post automatically merged:

Of course you can, it is only slightly harder than adding new content.

Well since they already failed at creating a working crafting system... i wouldn't get my hopes up!

Unsurprisingly, most people want CDPR to give them the game they were advertised, and most likely only PC elitists with tons of eddies to spare are the ones who want CDPR to just give up and try for CP2.

Wow... judgemental much? I repeat, if CDPR wants to remake Cyberpunk for free, great... But in the real world where I live, it is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... gosh people remove your head from your ***...
The only realistic choices for the 2-3 years to come are simple :
1/ CDPR adds DLCs and FLCs, but those will NOT change deeply the game. If you are happy with the game as is (a looter shooter with some narratives) that should be your vote
2/ CDPR just abandons Cyberpunk and goes for Witcher 4 (or anything witcher related)
3/ As I proposed, make Cyberpunk 2 re-using as much as possible assets from the 1st game. This way they could make it both interresting for the players (finally making a great game) and the investors (because in case anybody forgot, CDPR is a public company)

All the rants about turning Cyberpunk 2077 into what they promised is pointless and childish

Well since they already failed at creating a working crafting system... i wouldn't get my hopes up!
Cut the ranting and bantering please.
20% everything is just shit-talking. Game has been in full production 3-4 years.
They did not fail to make a crafting system, they took what they had in w3, then did very little of substance on it.

Well isn't that swell... you just negated an entire industry and entire sections of the law dedicated to it... nice! I admire your outlook on the world! Advertising... just don't do it (who needs it anyway)... but if you do it, the people who hold you to it are the dumb ones! Epic!
yes but who said no advertise, when a product is ready to ship show it and advertise it. As if there is nobody who actually does this. For instance just to name a big one, I never saw Apple creating hype ahead of their R&D, they show it only when something is ready and then advertising building the hype with the merit of product itself not because if some promises they announced. iPhone was sort of shrouded until the very last moment, we only had rumor of what it could be or some leak that is all.

I prefer companies teas us on what they are working on, but not much. The most important for is they build from their vision and not to fulfill uncompromisingly our desires.

You keep saying that... i am genuinely curious! What makes you think that they are even capable of creating that fabled Cyberpunk 2? I however can not look at CP77 and say to myself: "Damn, what an awesome game, if only the story wasn't this botched!" Every aspect of this game is at most 20% of what it could and should be... after 7 years... what makes you think that taking what they got and starting anew to create CP77-2 (and then ask for another 60 bucks) would create a better outcome than improving on what they have now? I am not antagonizing here.... i am genuinely curious! I want to understand your thought process! What makes you think they could possibly sell us an CP77-2 that is the game they made CP77 out to be during 2 years of marketing? Trust issues from investors and customers aside... what makes you think they can actually do it?
Post automatically merged:

put it simply, cp is a failed product that's it. Many people would skip it anyway, because of various issues. They can try to patch it to please customers owning it but not make profit or they can sit, look what they did wrong with cp2077, reduce scope, create a clear vision of new game and make a great game, and honestly if the game will be great i would buy it from anyone, as i dont care who did this product what is the history, the quality of the product matters. And if new game will be success they will make more profit in long run, they need to realize it not quantity matter but quality. A really good game dont need to be all in one game, but rather excel in particular areas. Good products dont need marketing only bad ones

i honestly wish they completely axe multiplayer and put the resources into the single player ,its impossible for the multiplayer to compete with the likes of GTA online for the simple fact that the systems/mechanics/Intractability/driving is no where near on the same level as GTA Rockstar have been working on these mechanics ever since 2003 to get where they are now and if they do end up going with it im pretty sure its going to end up WAY worse than this has ever been unless they make an amazing coop multiplayer mode otherwise the multiplayer will be disastrous and thats the last thing Cdpr needs after what happened.

As for the actual poll i said this before but there is a HUGE potential with this game and if a game like NMS dramatically changed no reason for this game not to here is a list of the things i wish they would add and improve
-A much longer Act 1 with longer life path missions
-More character related side quests to make up for the extremely short story like Viktor ,Misty ,Jackie ,Jackie and Mama welles ,Takemura ,Rogue and Tbug
-More interactable world like adding mini games and other side activities
-More apartments with apartment customization
-Car customization
-Body customization
-and FFS no more relying on shards to tell side stories the thing becomes tedious and boring
-Add Gang system or atleast add some consequences for murdering so many of the other gangs
-No more generic copy and paste gigs
-More than 2 expansion packs to fully flesh out the game

i seriously doubt they will do this but if we are talking NMS level of improvement then there it is

Top Bottom