Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
A third of the posts in this thread could be deleted as personal skirmishing, antagonizing, or similar.

That sort of posting needs to stop. Rule #1 is kindness and respect, and if you cannot follow that then do not post.

I disagree, everyone know that you can't trust cinematic trailers as they tell you nothing about what the game is like. But a gameplay trailer and what is said in them you ought to be able to trust, because you don't expect things to drastically change, unless it's like extremely early alpha.

If you watch this short early access gameplay trailer from Divinity, you would expect to be able to do what is presented here. And I think most people that have played it, would agree that it is pretty much spot on. Notice they state that choice have consequences.... but also that some more than others.

You don't get that impression from CP gameplay trailers, interviews etc. So why would people be fools, if that is what they keep saying?
But you know Larian is a BIG triple AAAAAAAAAAAAAA studio with a lot of mooooooooney and CDPR is just a poor indie studio they are can't make diverse RPG games :(

or wait maybe NOT?

CDPR is working on a standalone Cyberpunk MP, once you realize that their plan is to have a GTA Online competitor all the issues with the current game both the mechanical and the lack of meaningful player driven content make sense.

The gigs fit perfectly in a GTA Online/APB style game, complex story missions don't. Complex gameplay mechanics that they've advertised in the past fit perfectly in a single player RPG where you can both afford to spend time on single use mechanics as well as more carefully balance the game around complex player abilities but don't fit the MP formula very well.

If you look at CP:2077 as a demo to get the franchise running whilst the vast majority of the development resources internally was shifted towards multiplayer everything makes sense.

There will be no CP2 for the same reason there is no GTA 6 yet, MP is what both Rockstar and CDPR are going are going after.

I so hope your wrong, but that could unfortunately be where CDPR are going with this.
13million sales compared to us the moaning vocal minority of how many 500?? who wanted an RPG type deeper more complete game. We are a piss in the ocean to CDPR now, where as the casual gamer market will be lapping up a P2W micro-transaction filled multiplayer...

Cut the ranting and bantering please.
20% everything is just shit-talking. Game has been in full production 3-4 years.
They did not fail to make a crafting system, they took what they had in w3, then did very little of substance on it.
well it would be great if 20% of skill tree perks worked :D but i think it way less :)

also lot of mods are not working at all. And by all means crafting system in cp2077 is complete utter crap and disaster i have yet to find another game where you lock crafting behind attributes...it is utter garbage imo. And in case you doing that please make possibility to still craft it for eddies and add crafter npc next time. And crafting window reminds me of aion, a korean mmo lol

Cut the ranting and bantering please.
20% everything is just shit-talking. Game has been in full production 3-4 years.
They did not fail to make a crafting system, they took what they had in w3, then did very little of substance on it.

W3 was a substantially better game at launch bugs and all please do not compare them! And no the crafting system is not serviceable (using it too much did break your save game on PC till 1.06) if that is not broken i do not know what is...

I so hope your wrong, but that could unfortunately be where CDPR are going with this.
13million sales compared to us the moaning vocal minority of how many 500?? who wanted an RPG type deeper more complete game. We are a piss in the ocean to CDPR now, where as the casual gamer market will be lapping up a P2W micro-transaction filled multiplayer...

I don't know if he is right about moving team from singleplayer to multiplayer, but Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer will be standalone version, so most likely we will have to pay for it (which is absolutely fine, this game we are playing right now was originally only singleplayer experience, so you paid for it, not for "future multiplayer") and I hope they'll not have another bad idea and make multiplayer free-to-play, because that game will be dead really fast thanks to cheaters.

I honestly don't know what was promised but I don't understand this aversion to this game. Personally, even if I think they could have done better, for example with romances and have more acts in the main story, I like the game a lot and look forward to the various DLCs. Ps i play from pc

I don't know if he is right about moving team from singleplayer to multiplayer, but Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer will be standalone version, so most likely we will have to pay for it (which is absolutely fine, this game we are playing right now was originally only singleplayer experience, so you paid for it, not for "future multiplayer") and I hope they'll not have another bad idea and make multiplayer free-to-play, because that game will be dead really fast thanks to cheaters.

It will be free if you have the SP game. At least that is/was the plan.

Whenever I see threads like this, I really wish people here had done even a simple personal coding project or something similar. So you would understand that eventually you just have to settle on a core featureset and get that done. Otherwise you are stuck in early development.

There is a great fucking example of a game that is going nowhere fast. It's called Star Citizen, it was supposed to come out five years ago, it hasn't gotten out of alpha. Where it has been since 2012.

Whenever I see threads like this, I really wish people here had done even a simple personal coding project or something similar. So you would understand that eventually you just have to settle on a core featureset and get that done. Otherwise you are stuck in early development.

There is a great fucking example of a game that is going nowhere fast. It's called Star Citizen, it was supposed to come out five years ago, it hasn't gotten out of alpha. Where it has been since 2012.
or when you have deadline and you need to make it done, you most probably will try to do anything possible, and then when something changes and you need to apply even small thing you haven't envisioned before might take very long or maybe partial or full overhaul this is called significant change. And i believe this game is full of such workarounds rather than properly designed decisions. I will be very surprised if they will fix performance issues for ps4 before march, well maybe they will just reduce density or downgrade graphics but that's not a fix. When games like rdr2 can run well on consoles i don't see why cp cant, and it doesn't have that many details.

Last edited:
Wish there was "Square Enix Mode (FFXIV) ON" option to vote...since we're talking about extremes :ROFLMAO:

I'm not saying I'm definitely right it is however the most plausible explanation for the state in which this game was released. Yes it will be a separate experience just like GTA Online is, and just like GTA Online I have a feeling that it will be free for anyone who purchased CP2077 they may release it as a separate purchase for MP only but I doubt it, they may as well just reduce the price of CP2077 at that point or make it FTP since MP will have microtransactions.

Other than them shifting development effort to another project I really can't see a reason for the state of the game, Keanu again doesn't make sense the story problems aside it doesn't explains why every core mechanic in the game is so broken, why the combat is broken, why crafting is broken and why you have perks that not only do not work but are not even remotely applicable to anything in the game such as the commando perk that makes you undetectable in water.

These systems aren't related to plot even if they had to rework the plot to put Johnny front and center it has no baring on any of the core systems in the game. Nor does it have baring on other plot elements like the fact that it doesn't matter if you romance someone or if you even can but you still have exactly the same conversation afterwards.

Heck those plot points are so fucking lazy that Rivers even after telling you "no homo" still invites your male V to his flat, cooks you dinner and in the morning has the same awkward talk about getting super drunk and having a wild night with you.... the only difference is that you don't get a paint me like one of your French girls cut scene if you were a female V.

Rivers isn't a major plot element, it's optional it has nothing to do with the Johnny plot line unlike Panam or Judy that somewhat do to one extent or another (especially Panam, BTW Panam can die before you get to that point but you still have the Nomad ending).

All of these things could've been ready well before Keanu got involved and if not still worked on in parallel. The chip the heist everything was likely planned well before Keanu was reach out too, and if nothing else Johnny might be the only saving grace this game has because despite the gaping plot holes and the pacing issues the main story is rather good.

I voted "hello games mode", but only because it's the closest to "do a witcher enhanced mode". I genuinely expect to see the latter.

As a client and gamer I voted for the perfect promised game BUT as a company I can't think of anything different than 2 and 3:
They need to release what planned between dlc and patches and move on.

You keep saying that... i am genuinely curious! What makes you think that they are even capable of creating that fabled Cyberpunk 2? I however can not look at CP77 and say to myself: "Damn, what an awesome game, if only the story wasn't this botched!" Every aspect of this game is at most 20% of what it could and should be... after 7 years... what makes you think that taking what they got and starting anew to create CP77-2 (and then ask for another 60 bucks) would create a better outcome than improving on what they have now? I am not antagonizing here.... i am genuinely curious! I want to understand your thought process! What makes you think they could possibly sell us an CP77-2 that is the game they made CP77 out to be during 2 years of marketing? Trust issues from investors and customers aside... what makes you think they can actually do it?
Post automatically merged:

Well since they already failed at creating a working crafting system... i wouldn't get my hopes up!

i agree with everything that you said, the story, the gameplay rpg mechanics, the world ect ect I agree with everything but goddamn I STILL BELIEVE!!! I still believe CDPR can make the game we all want. And honestly they hit rock bottom so the only way is up. "Nexgen" Cyberpunk will be a lot better than this. No jaguar cores nexgen systems the power is there.
The reason why I don't want them to fix this game is because people are already negative about this game and i have a really bad taste in my mouth. Its better to start anew.

Of course you can, it is only slightly harder than adding new content.

FF15 tried it and it was a shitshow. Besides we already played the story adding more stuff is not gonna fix it.

i agree with everything that you said, the story, the gameplay rpg mechanics, the world ect ect I agree with everything but goddamn I STILL BELIEVE!!! I still believe CDPR can make the game we all want. And honestly they hit rock bottom so the only way is up. "Nexgen" Cyberpunk will be a lot better than this. No jaguar cores nexgen systems the power is there.
The reason why I don't want them to fix this game is because people are already negative about this game and i have a really bad taste in my mouth. Its better to start anew.

FF15 tried it and it was a shitshow. Besides we already played the story adding more stuff is not gonna fix it.

I simply question whether CDPR has the necessary skilled and experienced employees to handle such a project... the difference in quality between W3 and CP77 is so striking that one has to wonder whether CDPR has been hemorrhaging veteran devs in the dozens if not hundreds since W3...

Top Bottom