Cyberpunk 2077 2.0?

+

What would you prefer?

• "Hello Games mode" ON and make the game as close as possible to the promises even if takes years

Votes: 170 71.1%
  • The game failed, no reason to waste time and resource on it, just move on after patches and free DLC

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Release what you intended to release (patches, DLC, expansions) and then move on

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Release DLCs and expansions then start development of the sequel using assets (models etc.) of CP77

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
I simply question whether CDPR has the necessary skilled and experienced employees to handle such a project... the difference in quality between W3 and CP77 is so striking that one has to wonder whether CDPR has been hemorrhaging veteran devs in the dozens if not hundreds since W3...

according to leaks and what i gathered throughout the years was that CDPR managed to get some real top talent after their initial 2012 reveal and early 2013 teaser trailer. they came in to Poland thinking they would work on CP instead they got to work on witcher 3 and after it shipped most of them left, according to leaks about 60 people from the witcher 3 team remained and others were brought from other places, uni, and what not. If true its really bad but I really think they can pull it off. Maybe MS can buy them or something not sure. Too many things are up in the air at the moment. Game sales. Law Suits. DLC. MP. CASH. Next Game. Share holders!
These are things that will be clear in the next 2 years. These 2 next years are going to be the most vital for the company can they bounce back or not. I still believe if they have a honest talk with us the fans about what went wrong and how they are going to fix things and acknowledge that this wasn't the game that they wanted and so on. I suggest bringing in Geoff Keighley to MC it. We can forgive and create hype for CP2. I STILL BELIEVE.

Whenever I see threads like this, I really wish people here had done even a simple personal coding project or something similar. So you would understand that eventually you just have to settle on a core featureset and get that done. Otherwise you are stuck in early development.

There is a great fucking example of a game that is going nowhere fast. It's called Star Citizen, it was supposed to come out five years ago, it hasn't gotten out of alpha. Where it has been since 2012.

But that's simply not what happened here. The game was coming along fine until sometime in 2019 some execs made the decision to change the game completely from a Cyberpunk RPG into a Johnny Silverhand action game.

If you take the time to watch and read the interviews, this is NOT the game they were working on until VERY recently.

No Man's Sky is a quasi MP game with no story so games like that can be patched, fixing a RPG story after the fact is just ridiculous. FF15 tried it, the game was a total mess storywise and they added DLC to fix story go check out how that turned out.

Well... i most certainly will ever buy a game from CDPR at launch ever again... or even later! Not gonna happen! If i buy at all i am going to wait till its dirt cheap and actually finished!
Just do what i do with any ea game....find one that "fell off the truck".

No Man's Sky is a quasi MP game with no story so games like that can be patched, fixing a RPG story after the fact is just ridiculous. FF15 tried it, the game was a total mess storywise and they added DLC to fix story go check out how that turned out.
The idea to fix the story is an insane one, yes, but fixes to things like police AI, endgame content and such? Very much in the cards. And it'd make this game much better.

The idea to fix the story is an insane one, yes, but fixes to things like police AI, endgame content and such? Very much in the cards. And it'd make this game much better.
Sure. But aren't we all just done with it by now. I'm honestly exhausted. I just feel like we should save resources for CP2 instead, just my opinion of course.

Sure. But aren't we all just done with it by now. I'm honestly exhausted. I just feel like we should save resources for CP2 instead, just my opinion of course.

They could easily craft an expansion that uses the city but has nothing to do with V or Johnny. Think Ballad of gay Tony from GTA 4, just bigger, with fleshed out open world mechanics.

Last edited:
They could easily craft an expansion that uses the city but has nothing to do with V or Johnny. Think Ballad of gay Tony from GTA 4, just bigger.

That could work sure. But inorder to do that they would first have to actually to fix all the bugs, the police system. the rpg gameplay mechanics and so on. The platform of CP2077 is so shaky that adding anything to it is going to demand a lot of work.

What they should do for us casual player base is make it where you can get unstuck by making us spawn on the fast travel locations that way we dont quit because they were to lazy to code it in a way where it doesn't spawn you onto a container you can't get yourself unstuck from. Im not going back 20 levels and 50 quests. Fix this bs... please. How the hell did we manage go back to grand theft auto 2 days in a game placed in 2077 ?

I'd agree with you if this game launched in a bare but feature complete state. Screw bugs.
Problem is, it doesn't feel like it's just bugs now. Half the game seems to be missing. If CDPR throws CP77 away now, to focus on a sequel? They'd be burning a ton of goodwill and loose many loyal customers in the process. I'm not so sure if a "Hello Games treatment" is even possible but something has to be done about the state of this mess, besides just fixing it enough to run on last-gen toasters.

They probably won't be waiting to release DLCs and expansion, because I think it's the only stuff that can keep the game relevant in coming year on the scale beyond enthusiasts and modders.

This is probably true. But there is the possibility that fixes and inprovements come with the DLC or even are the DLC, if there’s enough ”new” in the package.

But many things deserve major overhaul. I'd rather them experiment on this game instead of learning how to do it while developing their next. After all, they can focus on mechanics instead of visual assets.

I can get behind that. There’s not much to lose anyway, from my perspective.

Of course the experimentations could be about ”wrong” things, like the core gameplay design is already, but... we’ll see.

Send me a patch at the very least. This is terrible. Just when I was really getting into it too.

This is probably true. But there is the possibility that fixes and inprovements come with the DLC or even are the DLC, if there’s enough ”new” in the package.

I said that before, and there is no way they will postpone content updates. They will deliver new things together with hotfixes, If I'm not mistaken and remember it correctly something like that they did with Witcher 3. New Game Plus DLC was released before big performance update 1.10.

I'd agree with you if this game launched in a bare but feature complete state. Screw bugs.
Problem is, it doesn't feel like it's just bugs now. Half the game seems to be missing. If CDPR throws CP77 away now, to focus on a sequel? They'd be burning a ton of goodwill and loose many loyal customers in the process. I'm not so sure if a "Hello Games treatment" is even possible but something has to be done about the state of this mess, besides just fixing it enough to run on last-gen toasters.

I feel like they already burned all their goodwill, and fixing stuff after the fact you know its not the same as it being there from start and experiencing it for the first time as you play. Adding it after we all have already finished the game and seen the entire city it just isn't the same. Fix bugs sure, fix police system sure, but how do you fix RPG mechanics and gameplay? How do you fix choices actually mattering and affecting the world and the player? Even if all these things are fixed it still wont be the same. Not to mention most gamers have already moved on or will be moving on to other games before these fixes hit.
This is why i advocate for taking the L, explaining to the fans us what went wrong and how this will never be repeated and the CP game that we want is on its way with a brand new engine and so on.

this will not happen. CDPR will not remake game in a millions years. I know we on forums are passionate about game being better, but remember there are 10+ million players who see game for what it is and any major changes might scare them because they are casual player base.
They don't need to remake anything, just add in the stuff that was cut out. I doubt they "deleted" it all permanently. Hell I bet the devs have a secret version they play in private with all the cool stuff still in it lol.

I feel like they already burned all their goodwill, and fixing stuff after the fact you know its not the same as it being there from start and experiencing it for the first time as you play. Adding it after we all have already finished the game and seen the entire city it just isn't the same. Fix bugs sure, fix police system sure, but how do you fix RPG mechanics and gameplay? How do you fix choices actually mattering and affecting the world and the player? Even if all these things are fixed it still wont be the same. Not to mention most gamers have already moved on or will be moving on to other games before these fixes hit.
This is why i advocate for taking the L, explaining to the fans us what went wrong and how this will never be repeated and the CP game that we want is on its way with a brand new engine and so on.
You don't fix the RPG mechanics, nor the gameplay.
You're right in that regard, 77 won't be the branching RPG that many expected. Never will.
Those small fixes are needed though. Police AI, bugs, driving, cars, civilian pathing & AI. All that will help with immersion and bringing life into Night City. I get the route you're advocating, but I'm telling you - in my opinion - going down that path will lead to ruin. 77 is the foundation of this intellectual property. Most casual players don't know a thing about the PnP game.
It doesn't have to be a dreamy spire reaching for the clouds. It does need to be rock fucking solid though. Right now it's a burning trash heap. Does that mean I want multiplayer and endless quest DLC? Not really, no. I'm perfectly happy to move on (we need to move away from last-gen hardware anyway) once this game is an acceptable product.

Patch and update this game first, add the cut content, PC version is far from perfect.
Once this game is completed with patches, updates and content, then, we can think about a sequel.

If there is a sequel, it should be perfect at release.

You don't fix the RPG mechanics, nor the gameplay.
You're right in that regard, 77 won't be the branching RPG that many expected. Never will.
Those small fixes are needed though. Police AI, bugs, driving, cars, civilian pathing & AI. All that will help with immersion and bringing life into Night City. I get the route you're advocating, but I'm telling you - in my opinion - going down that path will lead to ruin. 77 is the foundation of this intellectual property. Most casual players don't know a thing about the PnP game.
It doesn't have to be a dreamy spire reaching for the clouds. It does need to be rock fucking solid though. Right now it's a burning trash heap. Does that mean I want multiplayer and endless quest DLC? Not really, no. I'm perfectly happy to move on (we need to move away from last-gen hardware anyway) once this game is an acceptable product.

One aspect that we both forgot was the PS5 and XSX version of this game. Surely that will take up a lot of dev time as well.

Top Bottom