Cyberpunk 2077 a good name?

+
Cyberpunk 2077 a good name?

what are you going to call the sequel cyberpunk 2078? i think just calling it cyberpunk is better and the sequel can be called cyberpunk 2.

We could use the Die Hard naming convention.

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk 2: Cyberpunk-er

Cyberpunk with a Vengeance

Live Free or Cyberpunk

A Good Day to Cyberpunk

=p

I kinda would prefer it to just be Cyberpunk myself...

Hell that's what the original game it was based off of was called.

Obviously they can't go with 2020 as a year, but nothing else will ever roll off the tongue as well as Cyberpunk 2020...

(actually they could just call it cyberpunk 2020, and have the 2020 refer to a clear vision of the setting, as opposed to a specific year....)

I suggested 'Pinkie Pie and the Arasaka: a pony sleuth in rain wet streets'. Never heard back from CDPR...

Sken

Forum veteran
Cyberpunk 2077 and a half
Cyberpunk 2077 - The Next Generation
Cyberpunk 2077 - Pondsmith makes you his bitch
Cyberpunk 2077 - What comes after 2077?
Cyberpunk 2077 - The return of Geralt the augmented Witcher
Cyberpunk 2077 - He chose Triss, or did he? Find out in the next installment of CP2077
Cyberpunk 2077 - The Saga Continues

The game this one is based on is called Cyberpunk 2020. Makes sense this one would be called Cyberpunk 2020 as well. Except, we can't call it 2020, since 2020 will happen in 7 years, which is too soon. Back in the 80's, 2020 seemed like a lifetime away.

Now we need to go much further into the future, and since they've made the decision not to retcon (props for that I guess, stick with what you've made, mistakes and all), and go through the third edition and all of that crap, I can see why they'd throw it a few decades after that, to allow for plausibility in the world being "repaired" back to the state it was in 2020. I guess those are some of the reasons why it takes place in '77.

So, since it makes sense it would have a year in it's name just like Cyberpunk 2020, it's obvious name should be Cyberpunk 2077.

As for a sequel... I think it should be Cyberpunks 2077 2.0: Episode II - First Blood part 2D, Die 2 Hard 2 Furious.

Cyberpunk 2077 - The return of Geralt the augmented Witcher
^
ALL OF MY DENTONS.

I've thought of the following:
Cyberpunk Versus 2077,
Cyberpunks Raving: Revengeance,
Cyberpunk 2077 B.C.,
Cripple Cybergirls,
Cyberpunk Today,

but everything seems so unoriginal.

Who says there’s going to be a sequel? I know this might sound crazy to you but some games can and should stand for themselves! Besides, they could always just add a subtitle to the name for potential predecessors.

Top Bottom