"Cyberpunk 2077" already made a movie... "Johnny Mnemonic"...

+
Just watched it last night, it's been years and years...

Lets see, it has....
  • Keanu Reeves (played "Johnny" in both)
  • "Corpos" and wanting power and control
  • cybernetics
  • explosions / gun fire / monowire
  • takes place in (well two) cities
  • Super clean areas and completely trashed areas of the city / world
  • backstabbing / promises unkempt in the story / including someone that could pass for Dex.
  • the "I need to get this out of my brain or I'll die"
Cyberpunk 2077 had a movie and it was made in 1995... "Johnny Mnemonic". :)

This old movie could use a "reboot" but still not bad specially for 1995.

Good point, he also stars in Replicas, which has some Cyberpunk themes.

I think Keanu is maybe just a cyberpunk/sci-fi fan in general.

but did it have a dolphin super computer?

on a serious note the movie was so bad the director never worked an another movie ever again.

also the movie is based on a short story by William Gibson.

Good point, he also stars in Replicas, which has some Cyberpunk themes.

I think Keanu is maybe just a cyberpunk/sci-fi fan in general.
Agreed. Replicas was pretty good too.
Post automatically merged:

but did it have a dolphin super computer?

on a serious note the movie was so bad the director never worked an another movie ever again.
A military weaponized super dolphin cyborg, yeah.. heh.

If it were modernized and expanded upon... The story was super short in the film.

For 3 months leading up to the release, I went on a full Cyberpunk genre binge from 1927's Metropolis to 2019's Alita: Battle Angel...

I made a great mistake by watching Johnny Mnemonic directly after(like 5 minutes from credits roll) Alita: Battle Angel... I can't recall the last time I felt so underwhelmed & disappointed with a movie I was actually interested in watching..

I'll give it another shot sometime soon though cause I like the genre, Keanu, Ice T and some of the design visuals were interesting in the hotel room or wherever.

I was really impressed how well they did the monowire specially for that era of movie effects; and using practical effects.

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised though. Lohan sued Rockstar and that was pathetic. I can see somebody seeing dollars and making an attempt.
Well, the "good" thing there is, Johnny Menmonic is based on a William Gibson short story, who is known for not giving a damn how his stuff is adapted, since he is convinced, should he ever start suing people for plagiarizing him, he would probably get sued by all the people he - according to him - plagiarized... yea, he's a whacky guy. :D

Well, the "good" thing there is, Johnny Menmonic is based on a William Gibson short story, who is known for not giving a damn how his stuff is adapted, since he is convinced, should he ever start suing people for plagiarizing him, he would probably get sued by all the people he - according to him - plagiarized... yea, he's a whacky guy. :D

Gonna add him to my list to check. Sounds like a good guy
Post automatically merged:

Gonna add him to my list to check. Sounds like a good guy

Omfg this guy is a riot! My age group too lol.

Haha I didn't know all of that. :)

True, a great deal of what we got from this game release bears considerable similarity to that movie and they both star Keanu... coincidence eh?

I'll give it another shot sometime soon though cause I like the genre, Keanu, Ice T and some of the design visuals were interesting in the hotel room or wherever.
Don't forget Henry Rollins who was the ripperdoc who sent Keanu off to Ice-T

One of my all-time favorite cyberpunk movies

Top Bottom