Cyberpunk 2077 and animals

+
As HK said, cats are confirmed, I believe Vattier (CDPR PR guy, I think) also said other animals will be in, potentially dogs and the like.

I don't think a lot more than this ^ will be in the game. Maybe rats, some street mutts and a cat or two. If it has flourishing wildlife it would totally go against the dystopian world they're trying to create. There is also supposed to be kind of a food shortage I think, and that wouldn't sit well with deer running around on sprawling hillsides either.

On the other hand that guy sat and ate ramen with an egg in it, I'm guessing that egg had to come from somewhere. It would be amazing to see like food factories in the game, just horrible inhumane produce plants with animals in cages and dodgy stuff being grown in laboratories and stuff.

I don't think a lot more than this ^ will be in the game. Maybe rats, some street mutts and a cat or two. If it has flourishing wildlife it would totally go against the dystopian world they're trying to create. There is also supposed to be kind of a food shortage I think, and that wouldn't sit well with deer running around on sprawling hillsides either.

On the other hand that guy sat and ate ramen with an egg in it, I'm guessing that egg had to come from somewhere. It would be amazing to see like food factories in the game, just horrible inhumane produce plants with animals in cages and dodgy stuff being grown in laboratories and stuff.
Good points. :)

Yeah, I too think we're mostly going to be limited to rats, cats, dogs, etc. I don't think it's likely that we see many deer or other big/small game. I'm just leaving the door open for the possibility, because I know even in Night City there are pockets of nature in the form of parks and such.

There is also supposed to be kind of a food shortage I think, and that wouldn't sit well with deer running around on sprawling hillsides either.
I always thought the food shortage was artificially created by corporations to control the masses. I could be way off base, but I don't think it'd be too surprising.

Cyberpunk 2077 and animals

Should cyberpunk 2077 have animals? Pigeons flying around. rats around garbage and in the sewers. homeless dogs? cats?
Should you be able to own pets? or guard dogs that look like pitbulls on steroids? women dancing with snakes? what do you guys think?

Second I saw this Q,I thought:

"Do you like our Owl?......Must be Expensive......Very...."

I want thermal vision through walls and pit viper venom glands installed in my cybernetic knives.

I'd rather become an animal than to keep a rattlesnake caged up.

Looks like a stray cat to me :).

Isn't none to extremely rare animals part of the lore? Cyberpets not included ofc.

It could be explained how animals (at least some species) became more common again after 57 years. But with the game taking place mostly in urban environments and at most in the outskirts of the city, common encounters with large wild animals would not be realistic in any case. So more likely it would be just the already confirmed stray cats and dogs. And possibly some rats as well in sewer-like environments. Smaller creatures like arthropods would also be realistic to include, but will probably not appear in the game due to their size and not being relevant to gameplay.

Top Bottom