Cyberpunk 2077 and animals

+
Cyberpunk 2077 and animals

Should cyberpunk 2077 have animals? Pigeons flying around. rats around garbage and in the sewers. homeless dogs? cats?
Should you be able to own pets? or guard dogs that look like pitbulls on steroids? women dancing with snakes? what do you guys think?

Hi,
i guess that CP is not like world at its end, so there should be animals.
Maybe more rare, maybe mutated, implanted, whatever.... there are endless options.
Maybe mixture or all.
Guards with steroided dogs, woman dancing with snakes sounds cool, poisonous mutated rats,... - why not ? :D

Probably not as companions, except some quests, but not for usual gameplay.
It would be weird to look back all the time to check if your mutated parrot is not killing anyone.
Also, in dialogues it would look weird, you know - serious staff is going on and there are "monsters" chilling around.

animalfather;n9834241 said:
Should cyberpunk 2077 have animals? Pigeons flying around. rats around garbage and in the sewers. homeless dogs? cats?
Should you be able to own pets? or guard dogs that look like pitbulls on steroids? women dancing with snakes? what do you guys think?

SHOULD WE BE ABLE TO BECOME CATS IN CYBERPUNK 2077?

Lisbeth_Salander;n9834691 said:

Read a rulebook.
yes we do, anthropomorphic furries to be exact, tho. And it's only cosmetics.

metalmaniac21;n9834721 said:
Read a rulebook.
yes we do, anthropomorphic furries to be exact, tho. And it's only cosmetics.

Sensitive much? I know there are furries, that still doens't mean we'll be able since CDPR could simply not put that in the game.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9834691 said:

wasnt there an indie cyberpunk game where you played as a cat?

found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpviYTxChs

metalmaniac21;n9834911 said:
Do want a side quest in CP2077 like this.

if you picked the tech role then ya you have a robotic cat that you control.
it poops motoroil on your neighbours doormat.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9834831 said:
Cosmetic mods. PnP makes it canon.

Yes, they're cannon. But that doens't 100% mean that we'll be able to play as furries (which it would nice if players could since it would add freedom to the game).

Animals are tricky. How far do you go? Just furry blurs at the edges of vision? Controlled robots? Full uplift? Playable uplift? Maybe in the future, but not at the beginning I think.

No reason to think cats, dogs, or seagulls have gone extinct (in spite of some "hints" they have in CP2020). And while only the wealthy can afford a real meat steak there are still cows out there too.

Suhiira;n9835981 said:
No reason to think cats, dogs, or seagulls have gone extinct (in spite of some "hints" they have in CP2020). And while only the wealthy can afford a real meat steak there are still cows out there too.

In highly protected corporate factory farms, maybe.

There will be animals in the game, not sure about fighting or hunting. I'm sure in some wilderness/outdoorsy areas you may be able to shoot rabbits, birds, deer, but I doubt there'll be a dedicated hunting system with skinning and the like. But you may be able to loot them, like in TW3.

As HK said, cats are confirmed, I believe Vattier (CDPR PR guy, I think) also said other animals will be in, potentially dogs and the like.

In other words, this world isn't Blade Runner. Organic life (outside of humans) isn't completely obsolete and extinct, and I doubt most people are going to bother augmenting their pets unless it's to keep track of them or for medical purposes (give a cat with arthritis metal limbs). When you think about the number of stray animals, think closer to our world than other Cyberpunk universes.

People love (or love to hate) dogs and cats, and that probably isn't going to change just because it's the future. Barring extreme situations, people in western civilizations generally don't hunt pets, so I doubt their numbers will dwindle for no reason. Now, exotic animals? That's another story.

Top Bottom