Cyberpunk 2077 and I, {add me}

+
I am often criticized for getting too involved in Cyberpunk 2077.

if I wouldn't have been in prison between 2006 and 2019, I would certainly see this game differently; certainly formatted by the system.
The treason; I was betrayed, denounced by my best friend, for the reward on my head, a lot of money; easy money... the young woman Hacker i was, fighting the forces that rule us. a lost fight before starting but I tried. I scared them, it's a small victory for me.

the base player tells to himself; it's just a game. after being cut off from the living world for over 13 years, I can see everything differently. first, this world which has become an open-air prison. the "revolution" happening on social networks controlled by the "corpos". information has become the first currency in the world, gold has become secondary.
CP-2077 is all that. in a different way, but from my point of view; it's like that.
missions like "killing in the name" and many others cannot leave me indifferent. CP-2077 is it a revolution? no obviously. however, not believing in coincidences, the game is filled with vectors which are my way of thinking.
survival in prison was terrible but it didn't break me; much stronger than before. Like V, like Johnny, in another way, near death makes us stronger, more human, more rational with the universe around us.

No, with my Freedom of thought; Cyberpunk 2077 is not just a game.
cyberpunk-2077-girl-art-25.jpg

Cyberpunk is made to the thinking humans, I guess that is the reason many non thinking humans didnt like the game. This game is far ahead of it time, I just had never ever played a better one in more than 40 years.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not as inspiring as you make it out to be. It stands as a perfect example of how a company shouldn't handle business, deceive consumers and run to the bank with gamers' money. The game is not a revolution, nor it inspires anything in particular other than anger and disbelief for how bad it is, and all the lies and empty promises the devs made over the years. In fact, if you're anti-corporate or anti-capitalism, look no further than CDPR. CDPR screwed this up big time and they know it. Top execs made decisions that favored themselves and their investors, giving gamers a poor product that was nowhere near ready for the consumers.

TL;DR =Don't romanticize a bad product and see things that aren't there.

Niatka

Forum regular
Cyberpunk 2077 is not as inspiring as you make it out to be. It stands as a perfect example of how a company shouldn't handle business, deceive consumers and run to the bank with gamers' money. The game is not a revolution, nor it inspires anything in particular other than anger and disbelief for how bad it is, and all the lies and empty promises the devs made over the years. In fact, if you're anti-corporate or anti-capitalism, look no further than CDPR. CDPR screwed this up big time and they know it. Top execs made decisions that favored themselves and their investors, giving gamers a poor product that was nowhere near ready for the consumers.

TL;DR =Don't romanticize a bad product and see things that aren't there.
O, CDPR and the game management; I take that into consideration. about "romanticism"; Romanticism died a long time ago, long before my birth and the birth of my parents.
on the other hand, am I a romantic woman?... No

Notice; I am always, I write it again; ALWAYS labeled "anarchist woman". well, No, I'm not. I am a woman who loves Freedom.
Freedom; but not in contempt of Humanity.

Last edited:

Rudo_

Forum regular
Cyberpunk is made to the thinking humans, I guess that is the reason many non thinking humans didnt like the game. This game is far ahead of it time, I just had never ever played a better one in more than 40 years.
So either everybody is stupid but you or you should maybe play more games...
This game wouldn't be ahead of its time had it been released in 2006... In 2020 it's just a bad joke.
Post automatically merged:

O, CDPR and the game management; I take that into consideration. about "romanticism"; Romanticism died a long time ago, long before my birth and the birth of my parents.
on the other hand, am I a romantic woman?... No

Notice; I am always, I write it again; ALWAYS labeled "anarchist woman". well, No, I'm not. I am a woman who loves Freedom.
Freedom; but not in contempt of Humanity.
Love what you love, that's great! But don't forget to try all the rest of the stuff you missed, it might blow your mind, seeing how deep CP77 touched you.

Niatka

Forum regular
Love what you love, that's great! But don't forget to try all the rest of the stuff you missed, it might blow your mind, seeing how deep CP77 touched you.

you know, in my case it's more complex than it looks.
my first video game after the prison; Red dead redemption 2. luckily I was seated; breathtaking.
the beauty of the game, the content and some dialogues that exploded in my face. example; the fishing trip with little Jack. agents Pinkerton arrive; the rules.
"[...] all this because I do not play by your rules [...]"
"[...] whatever, but I like, I love these rules, Mister Morgan [...]"

my blood was boiling in my veins; I too do not play by the rules of this crazy world. I was hoping with CP-2077 a game, obviously totally different, but with an energy, a breath, this feeling of wish of freedom. when i think; RDR2; when I take my horse and go for a ride in the North American steppe, what a hapinness.

despite content often in accordance with my principles of thought, CP-2077 suffers of this missing breath of life, this desire to escape completely.
only the controversy makes me appreciate CP-2077 but not at all to fall in love or pay myself a bitch on jig jig street.

Top Bottom