Cyberpunk 2077 and the Oculus Rift

+
It would be amazing if they did this along with releasing the game on PC, and next-gen Xbox/PlayStation consoles. Money will be coming out of everyone's ass.

I guess the OR could be a perfect match for the game - if they make it so that you arn't just a 'floating head'.

It always annoyed me a lot if you coulndn't see your feet in an FPS... Espiecially if you had to make a precise jump.
This. This a bajillion times.

Bumping this thread to mention that Oculus support would be awesome to see. I personally would love independent head/body orientation a la ArmA. You could look around with the Rift, and control your gun/body orientation with M/KB.

oculus rift will be the biggest thing coming but i think after the devkit release in march it will take 2 more years until we see a consumer-edition.
i realy hope for Rift-Support but i dont think so :( there is no market for oculus-rift-games until there is no consumer-device...and adapt games to occulus rift seems not that easy.

Cyberpunk 2077 - What's you opinion on Oculus Rift Support?

So here's the topic guys. I just thought a little about Cyberpunk 2077 possibly getting some super sweet Oculus Rift support. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: Oculus Rift is a new kind of plug-in headset (actually a damn cyberpunkish one, lol) that is being released this year for consoles and PC. It allows the player for the first time ever to see the game world through the eyes of the character you play. The headset is basically a mini cinema for your eyes. You put it on, and each eye looks onto a different little lense, thus doubleing the information coming at you and completely immersing you into the world as you see nothing but the game world around you. Of course this only really works with first person modes. Third person is also possible but the feeling is a complete other one.

Heres a video with QaA.

What do you think? If we would get a first person Cyberpunk 2077, wouldn't be Oculus Rift an awesome way to get even deeper in its world?

Discuss.

It looks pretty cool, I'd probably buy a headset if they had support for it. I wish the headset looked better tho think it could be more comfortable if it was similar to a motorcycle helmet, then you wouldn't need that strap on the back of ur head like that.

Hm. I wouldn't be likely to purchase a peripheral like this, so I don't really have a strong opinion on the issue.

If it wouldn't significantly impact development time, I don't have any problem with Oculus Rift support.

it's really impossible to tell someone what oculus rift feels like. I guess cdproject already order at least one develop kit to see if this thing really worth supporting. I think it's much better than 3dvision. But the little company don't have that kind of money like nvidia do.Lets wait till march.when the develop kit get to these developers.we will know how the world react. I am a believer!

Please, no Kinect. Hopping and flapping and waving. Ugh. Hypocritial of me, but..Style Over Substance. The Kinect has the style of a squashed dung beetle.

Please, no Kinect. Hopping and flapping and waving. Ugh. Hypocritial of me, but..Style Over Substance. The Kinect has the style of a squashed dung beetle.

Style over substance sucks, that's what has killed most of humanity's creativity and proper stuff.

Kinect is interesting from a few stuff, but it's a very early technology. An evolved version of it could be useful for different stuff, but definitely I see more interesting initiatives like Occulus Rift plus some hypothetical neural interface.

That's nice. But my eyesight is poor enough, thank you very much.

Actually.... you might be surprised if you are getting to the short sight range..

My eyesight has been getting worse over time from sitting in front of crap displays for too long (my office is terrible) but found that when I was using Nvidia 3D gear the effect was actually alleviated.

There is a fairly basic physical reason for it too.

If you sit and stare at a screen you don't focus through it. (you focus to the screen depth ~ 2,3 feet or whatever)

People get headaches and eye strain when the focal object sits at a depth which differs to the screen but where both can be focused upon. (In which case you continuously attempt to focus on both jumping between them constantly. Imagine a piece of dirty glass 1 foot away with a film sitting 1 foot behind it).

Oculus and Nvidia3D bypass that by placing the projection screen way too close to the eye for it to be a point of focus thus the only thing the eye can do is focus through the screen to the illusionary 3d plane effectively forcing the user to use their eyes on what appears to them as distant targets.

Of course.. If you are long sighted, you're boned.

And on that note... Track IR support too please.

Top Bottom