Cyberpunk 2077 and ultrawide monitors, how a company releases a game without extensive testing.

+
Shameful, that after months, having released patch 1.2, that users of ultrawide monitors (There are many users with this type of monitors,), we are still with the botched menus, map, inventory ... it looks in format 16: 9, not ultrawide; Some might think it silly, but it's not, apart from the experience being loaded ... It says a lot about how Cyberpunk came out, when will they fix it? another question, will they fix it? I am not very clear about that ...
I commented on this failure to technical support of the game, when the game came out, they told me that they would take note ... I imagine I am not the only one who has reported this failure, because that is how we are still.

And what I said in the title of the post, that a game of this budget, before its departure, do not check with an ultrawide monitor ... if everything is fine ... Don't you have money for an ultrawide monitor and test it? (I mean it in all irony), That is sloppiness, doing things wrong ... call it whatever you want.

Let each one draw their conclusions.

I agree, it's very disappointing when big budget AAA titles completely ignores existing of other aspect ratio than 16:9 (I'm looking at you Skyrim, though you were created 10+ years ago, so it's a bit more understandable) or take the line of least resistance and just slap black bars on the sides (i'm looking at you Cyberpunk, and you still have some views that don't work correctly even with that solution), when much smaller games are fully supporting ultrawide screens (I'm looking at you Disco Elysium, you wonderful bastard).

Hello greetings from Spain, is that what you say ... It is an absolute shame, they are sloppy ...
I bought it from the outlet, the collector ... I have played it a little (Until Keanuuu comes out), my computer is powerful, i79700k, 32 Ram, MSi RTX3080 Suprim X ... we go, it looks like a movie but you play in a ultrawide monitor and CD Projekt has done this ...
Well, I have not continued playing it because of this, because it makes me very angry to swallow with that failure; This company that has millions for equipment, resources ... etc, etc and they have not taken an ultrawide monitor to test it and see what is wrong.
It is tremendous !!
And as you say, I have those games that you mention, lower budget, if they are seen in ultrawide .. they had to drop their faces with shame.
By the way, there are few users about ultrawide monitors ... Let some people change that discourse, that is no longer the case.
Now the question is if they will fix it.
Greetings.
Post automatically merged:

That's right, but that's what I'm saying, see if they are bothersome ... The game itself, the gameplay is seen in ultrawide, perfect but you give the menu, inventory, map ... it looks in 16: 9, how do you can it be those things don't test them? It is surreal.
My monitor is 35 "and it shows eh, I don't even want to think of a 49" (My idea is to buy the Samsung G9 Odyssey but not yet, these things slow me down) ... what a botch.
The question, as I said to the partner, is if they will fix it

Greetings.

Last edited:

mbrto

Forum regular
i use 21:9 and im happy with it
dont really care about black bars in the inventory

i was kinda surprised that i didnt have to fiddle with config files to make it run on ultrawide like with other aaa titles

Post automatically merged:

It seems perfect to me you are happy, but you know what? That does not mean that it is right or that it looks like this, which it is not.
It is simply the same to you but you must understand that many users do not give us the same, we demand that things be well done, which is normal.
Moreover, I would tell you that it is important for users not to give us the same failures or not to complain, because if not ... We do not help much so that these things do not happen.
I would not give the same to buy a car and the browser screen is not visible and say ... "Well, I'm happy, I don't care" because something like that with this, even if I have nothing to see, I think I understood.

I repeat, video game users should not give us the same something that is wrong, but well there each one.
On top of that it surprises you, you have not had to touch it to be seen in ultrawide, I know it happens in games ... But that we complain and do not settle, as in this case, the same thing helped something and not say "I used 21: 9 and im happy with it ", that conformity, it sure doesn't help, I see it that way.

I only hope that my complaint (or that of others) serves so that these things do not happen and not your conformism, until you will win in the end.

Greetings.

Last edited:
Photo mode is bugged in Ultrawide.

Mouse cursor is being locked within FullHD "guardian" and cannot reach edges where some part of GUI controls are being placed. Tried with 2560x1080.

As a 32:9 user (Samsung G9) I'm displeased that they still haven't fixed the disappearing minimap. I guess that the super-/ultrawide users are a small minority but this was a game that was supposed to push the limits of our hardware.
16:9 was a small minority as well back in the days when 4:3 was the common thing. If companies don't support/push "new" technology it will disappear, and super/ultrawide is to awesome to go down the drain imho.

Well yes, this must change. I have a 35 "ultrawide and I have not bought the G9 (I will do it later, a revision of that model is coming ...) because I know that in that case it is worse in some cases; An example, games like death stranding yes they have support for 21: 9 but not for 32: 9 and it shouldn't be that way, it's a shame.
Everyone should start to change the chip regarding these monitors, they are a reality and although they are a minority, they are a minority that there are more.
I also tell you something, people about ultrawide, they say a lot of nonsense due to ignorance ... When you try an ultrawide monitor you no longer want 16: 9, that's how it is.

Regarding Cyberpunk and the problem that I explain, it seems to me that what has happened, because unfortunately they left things half done and this is one of them, because it does not make any sense that the gameplay is seen in ultrawide and the menu, map, inventory no.
For whatever reason, it was not verified, It was not tested...
I trust they fix it.
Greetings.

Top Bottom