Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
I’d suggest something like.... shotgun skill scaling rifle skills along with it at a rate of... say, 10 in shotguns would drag rifles up to 2 or 3. And handguns and smg’s similiarly. It might seem small, but there needs to be some hefty limit to it, lest the other skills are rendered pointless.
+1

YongYea's Q&A with Mateus Tomashkevich ...

Can anyone understand what he's saying at 17:03?...... "The area outside the city where you have the nomads and the...???"

Nice some amazing information there.

One thing that stood out was shooting ranges confirmed to raise gun skills which is what I brought up before lol

One thing that stood out was shooting ranges confirmed to raise gun skills which is what I brought up before lol

Yea the minigames that he talked about seemed all be related to improving your abilities. There weren't any that were just for wasting time and having fun, like golf and tennis in GTA5. But I am not sure if the CDPR guy misunderstood the question.

shotgun skill scaling rifle skills along with it at a rate of... say, 10 in shotguns would drag rifles up to 2 or 3. And handguns and smg’s similiarly. It might seem small, but there needs to be some hefty limit to it, lest the other skills are rendered pointless.

Yeah, I was thinking of a kind of trickle down effect too. Something that disperses the more removed it is from the original skill.

Hopefully a system like the one you're suggesting would avoid the silliness of a late game character being an expert with an assault rifle but behaving like a complete novice who fumbles around with the clip while attempting to reload an smg(or similar). After all, fun and player freedom are core values of this game.

Some "media" and "activists" already attacking CDPR, saying the game is racist and transphobic. Why CDPR still wastes time withe media that only cares about clickbait and outrage? Show the game online, fans will create the hype. I hope CDPR ignores them and create the game they want.

Some "media" and "activists" already attacking CDPR, saying the game is racist and transphobic. Why CDPR still wastes time withe media that only cares about clickbait and outrage? Show the game online, fans will create the hype. I hope CDPR ignores them and create the game they want.

That bunch haunts all kinds of entertainment media these days. It’s inevitable, but they can be ignored.

I once thought that I would learn to code and make a game of my own where all the characters are animals and the underlying theme would be for them to portray their stereotypical animalistic behaviors while behaving like human beings.

I could get away with all kinds of violence, depravity and grotesque themes and imagery.

Think about if Pixar’s Zootopia was made by David Lynch or Lars Von Trier.

Total. Artistic. Freedom. Baby.

Just skimming through the thread here after a long day of presentations and interviews, so please bear with me.

Guys, calm down, please. Enhancing your weapon skill through usage is still in and the increase in skill will affect your weapon handling.
Currently, we're also planning for that to affect animations, meaning for example that you will see your character reloading more smoothly as you become better. Things like these might change however, you know how it is.

And before you go out and wonder, if this system might not decrease your ability to freely switch to new weapon types: we are aware and are looking at different possibilities for catch-up mechanics. This game is about enabling you to do the things you want to do, and not taking those possibilities away by locking you in.

Hope that clears things up a bit. Always be nice to each other. :)
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Well, that's it. That was pretty much the last thing I was worried about minus dumb nitpick-y stuff. As you probably know, this particular subject has been the #1 topic that gets discussed around here for years on end, so it's very, very nice to hear this.

Thanks for not one, but two responses. Sounds like you guys are pretty much ticking all the boxes.

Actually, the loot system is still a point of contention, but I'm not too interested in moaning about that given all the other cool stuff you all are doing.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Well, that's it. That was pretty much the last thing I was worried about minus dumb nitpick-y stuff. As you probably know, this particular subject has been the #1 topic that gets discussed around here for years on end, so it's very, very nice to hear this.

Thanks for not one, but two responses. Sounds like you guys are pretty much ticking all the boxes.

Actually, the loot system is still a point of contention, but I'm not too interested in moaning about that given all the other cool stuff you all are doing.
The question remains if it affects actual sighting/accuracy, which I hope is strictly player controlled.

The question remains if it affects actual sighting/accuracy, which I hope is strictly player controlled.

Presumably, weapon handling means sway and bullet spread and the like, though we don't know for sure.

I think if you're bothered by that sort of thing, that would be unfortunate, because it's really the most minor possible compromise you can make for RPG fans. You'll still have full control over all of your aiming, meaning you're going to have a 30x better experience than me, because I am not very good at fast paced shooters.

Can anyone understand what he's saying at 17:03?...... "The area outside the city where you have the nomads and the...???"

"Drafanshiv"? "Drought hardship"? :confused: Sorry, I can’t get it either.
Pretty good interview regardless and great questions! Glad to see people like Mateusz sharing so much info about the game even this early in the development :ok:

Top Bottom