Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
I think the head looks possible, but the jacket looks far too good.

I don't think it's too good to be true. It all comes down to polygon numbers and textures. Ultra high resolution textures are nothing new. Skyrim modders did some comparable to that. Polygon count is the trick here, those 3d wrinkles on the jacket sleeve, the shoulder pads, basically anything that has a 3d shape is made of polygons (think of it like a weaving a web, which you then fill out) the more polygons the engine allows, the more detailed and smoother the surface. Both very doable with today's capabilities.

Material simulations like leather, metal, wood, skin (that mostly alter lighting, decalls, making it shinier, matte-er, combinations of the two, evenly, spread out etc.) are well whithin current tech ability (Anthem has a pretty neat material customization system) . Ofc it all depends on the engine capabilities, but RedEngine looked very good in The Witcher 3, and it's certain to look even better. Heck he even looks a bit like young punk Geralt :coolstory:

So if it's doable, the question becomes, is it practical? If had to guess, based on their ambition i'd say yes, it probably is.

Last edited:
PSA:

Just so everyone is aware, no gameplay has been confirmed to be shown to us, the viewers at home, for Cyberpunk 2077, at E3 2019.

Heh. So we are to rely solely on the info given to us by the the drooling drones of Youtube and the gaming media.

That sounds... fun (like the last time around)... :D

Last edited:
I`ll tell you what , i watch Outstar do her own replay of the demo . After i watch the demo myself i went back and rewatched her vid she totally nailed it .

Just so everyone is aware, no gameplay has been confirmed to be shown to us, the viewers at home, for Cyberpunk 2077, at E3 2019. They are also not confirmed to be at the MS conference (but could be there, we do not know).
https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2019/ While caution is generally my preferred way to go, Marcin Momot (CDPR's community team supreme overlord)
To answer many questions about the demo and whether or not CyberpunkGame will be playable at E3 -- we are going to be hosting gameplay presentations (game played by us) in that cinema.
[emphasis added] which "that cinema" appeared to be referencing this tweet by Adam Badowski.
Hyped to share with you that we’ll be present in the public zone at E3 2019, too!
So I think we will see some "public zone" gameplay. It's also been confirmed the behind closed door stuff and public stuff will be different in some way. I could be wrong of course, but I think that reading of the statements is more likely than not correct.
Also, as I understand it, no recordings are allowed for the public OR private demonstrations. Lila/Sard/anyone else can correct me if I've misunderstood that.
I haven't heard either way, but I would certainly expect this to be accurate.

[emphasis added] which "that cinema" appeared to be referencing this tweet by Adam Badowski.
This morning, after reading that statement on Discord, I already lost all my hopes and hype for this E3 to be quite honest...

It makes zero sense this late in development to still keep showings entirely under wraps. The private cinema showing? Sure, but I expect all the public content to be available online as well other other materials. Hell they did an on stage demo with TW3 for everyone at their first E3. Also on the V artwork, that's not in-engine, it's an artistic rendering like all the character arts we got for TW3.

yeah, in-engine doesn't mean in-game. I expect they won't create any exclusive content for attendants (journalists and influencers apart), they can't punish millions of players for not being able/willing to travel to LA just for a video.

It makes zero sense this late in development to still keep showings entirely under wraps. The private cinema showing? Sure, but I expect all the public content to be available online as well other other materials. Hell they did an on stage demo with TW3 for everyone at their first E3. Also on the V artwork, that's not in-engine, it's an artistic rendering like all the character arts we got for TW3.
That was for the second E3 (2014), the first one only had trailer released to the public. Other then that, I agree, I'm quite positive we will see something new at Microsoft conference and the stuff that will be shown at the public area will be release online during E3 or right after, at least that's how they did it at E3 2014. Probably only the behind-the-scenes demo will be release publically a little later then that.

Well, I'm not jumping to conclusions, but these statements worry me a lot.

I was pretty annoyed last year when CDPR showed a behind doors gameplay demo, but then I recognized it was kinda a (in)security measure they had to take before deciding to show it to the general public. But now an entire year has passed and they know everyone is freaking hyped for E3 2019 -- Hell, they're responsible for most of this hype when they choosed to say that "this is their most important E3 ever" (these might not be their exact words, but who cares).

To show something exclusive for E3 attendants only would be a real dick move that would just piss off people who cannot be there (which is the majority of us) and show disrespect for the fans who are anxiously waiting to see new stuff about this game.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid @Rawls that you're incorrect, at least according to Sard and Lilayah on Discord.

Everyone can go read what they said for yourself if you'd like, but here's screenshots.
1558889264708.png

1558889465904.png

1558889483337.png

It seems some of Lila's messages have been removed, or I'm simply too stupid to find them (either is equally possible), but this is what I could find.

Public + Private demos will not be streamed to us at home. @Sardukhar can elaborate if he wishes. Based on the way this is being described, I don't think recorded footage will be uploaded either, not right away at least. It's possible they publish it later, but again, not confirmed.

There might be a MS stage demo, but they have not confirmed that (yet). I think it is likely, though. Either that or another trailer.

Well shit.
Perhaps they don't want to show the public gameplay when there's a chance it will be messed up/rough around the edges due to the demo player.

Maybe they will do as they did with the first gameplay demo they showed us and have an employee play through it with narration, and release a demo after E3.

Either way, I'm certainly disappointed that we won't get anything "big" (apparently) at E3 itself. I was hoping for a longer pre-recorded demo (not fake, but like the first demo we saw) to be streamed/published for us at home to see, + a shorter trailer of some sort at the MS conference.

Now, it seems we may get nothing except such a trailer, assuming they are there at all.

Plus lots of new info, of course!

Top Bottom