Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Oh maan, I understand them doing it last time cause no one had seen the game yet, but right now it does seem it's probably for ad revenue. I get that it can make more buzz for a longer period if people make videos and then they show the actual gameplay later, but they already have so many views, I think the gaming community is pretty aware of the game by this point. At the same time I get their reasons being a big company and all, can't help but feel a little sad.

Well, just gonna wait to see hopefully a trailer/shorter gameplay at the Microsoft conference.

That's the real problem. I couldn't care less of youtubers, I ingore all of them, the problem comes with press that rarely asks the important questions, mainly useless stuff like "which games inspired you?". Like we already know noone will ever ask them "are enemies magically bullet sponges if level higher than V? How does loot system work"?
Because no, we need CDPR to tell us again that night and rain exist in night city.

You dont need to care about YouTubers, but they are important to devs, if the things are true what they say, gamers watch more stuff on Youtube about games than actually play them. As long time gamer it doesnt surprise me really, because hyping is more fun than actual launch, sometimes. Hell, Ive been over year now here just to wait to play this, and when times comes I probably finish it in couple week and move on to next game. Seems to me that game hyping is becoming as big business as gaming itself, well maybe not but anyway YouTubers are change-makers.

Im wrong guy talk about YouTubers though, I watch and follow Music Channels on Youtube instead.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting stuff about YouTube...

"YouTube game videos were viewed for 50 billion hours in 2018"
"Every day, more than 200 million people view gaming content on YouTube. "

From https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/08/youtube-game-videos-were-viewed-for-50-billion-hours-in-2018/

If I was CDPR I would go there ASAP. Its no brainer to be honest.

Last edited:
10 years from now YouTubers have 5-10 time in numbers I predict. So yeah. Its so easy path to walk, nearly zero investment and totalyl riskless, all you need is a cheap camera and mic and PC etc. Old-school journalists had to rent a website or buy one, then make the website, etc and of course hire journalists to do the writing and stuff. Not to mention to go to cons and hear what devs had to say. YouTubers are are force to reckon with, imho.

Last edited:
I’d like to clarify on what I said earlier, that I mean specifically prerelease content, post release stuff is a thing of its own. Though it has to be said that I’m much more interested in checking out reviews and impressions of places like RPGCodex than any mainstream site or YT channel, as even when they just shit on the game, they tend to be more informative and in depth.

You dont need to care about YouTubers, but they are important to devs, if the things are true what they say, gamers watch more stuff on Youtube about games than actually play them. As long time gamer it doesnt surprise me really, because hyping is more fun than actual launch, sometimes. Hell, Ive been over year now here just to wait to play this, and when times comes I probably finish it in couple week and move on to next game. Seems to me that game hyping is becoming as big business as gaming itself, well maybe not but anyway YouTubers are change-makers.

Im wrong guy talk about YouTubers though, I watch and follow Music Channels on Youtube instead.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting stuff about YouTube...

"YouTube game videos were viewed for 50 billion hours in 2018"
"Every day, more than 200 million people view gaming content on YouTube. "

From https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/08/youtube-game-videos-were-viewed-for-50-billion-hours-in-2018/

If I was CDPR I would go there ASAP. Its no brainer to be honest.
I don't think I've written anything against youtubers or companies using them as free advertisement. If so, that was not my intention and got lost in translation.

I don't think I've written anything against youtubers or companies using them as free advertisement. If so, that was not my intention and got lost in translation.

Well, you said you couldnt care less about them, but lets not go there.

Free advertisement you say? but are they just free advertisement or business whole together. Games takes long to develop and when its done, the enjoyment is quite short, then we move to next game development/hype. Yeah, as far I know Google's Stadia is aiming to address this issue or maybe not.

Well, you said you couldnt care less about them, but lets not go there.
Yeah, I confirm that. I haven't said they shouldn't exist or whatever, I PERSONALLY have no interest in them since I've rarely found interesting videos from "typical gaming" youtubers. On the other hand I like Mark Brown, but his channel (game maker's toolkit) makes something completely different.
CDPR does nothing wrong in inviting youtubers and journalists (in particular) to a behind closed doors event, the problem FOR ME comes when E3 attendants get a long live presentation without it being broadcasted.

Yeah, I confirm that. I haven't said they shouldn't exist or whatever, I PERSONALLY have no interest in them since I've rarely found interesting videos from "typical gaming" youtubers. On the other hand I like Mark Brown, but his channel (game maker's toolkit) makes something completely different.
CDPR does nothing wrong in inviting youtubers and journalists (in particular) to a behind closed doors event, the problem FOR ME comes when E3 attendants get a long live presentation without it being broadcasted.

Right, well I couldnt care much either. But I honestly believe those companies who play their cards right or wrong with YouTubers will matter in long run like after 10 year or so. All those YouTubers are young kiddos, old-school journalists are old grannies soon, etc. Ideally you want to sneak in some YouTubers what fits for your company imago and hope players connects the dots, imho. I assume typical youtuber jumps from another youtuber to another, but yeah Im so wrong guy to know.

Topic is Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019, not the quality of various youtubers. I understand how we've drifted here a bit naturally, but let's drift back to topic.

So, are there any (any) sites that might cover the game ”properly” with an analytical and critical eye beyond superficialities, if nothing’s going to be streamed or uploaded for people to see?

I mean, there’s not much to expect about this E3 if not.

So, are there any (any) sites that might cover the game ”properly” with an analytical and critical eye beyond superficialities, if nothing’s going to be streamed or uploaded for people to see?

I mean, there’s not much to expect about this E3 if not.
I'm sure there will be articles about what is seen.

Of course there will. But any worth reading, is my meaning.

Well, no one promised anything yet but Game Informer usually does some detailed written stuff. Considering each jounalist will probably remember different things, it’s better to rely on various websites to get a full picture. That’s what I did last time, if I remember correctly VG247 and Rock Paper Shotgun also had good reports.

I usually really enjoy Skill Up (YouTuber) reviews so I hope he can do a good job as well.

Either way, what do you guys think we’ll be able to see? Here’s my speculation:

I think there will be a cool presentation on the Microsoft Conference, with either a trailer/short gameplay. Probably Male V! (Would be interesting to have a Female V trailer and Male V gameplay though, to shake things a bit.)

The private and public showing gameplays will probably be released after a long time, the public will be uploaded first though. Maybe not long after e3? Am I too much of an optmist? xD

The release date will be announced. During the conference is the most “obvious” but I wonder if they could try to show it during E3 but at some other point.

There will be very nice and more telling interviews. I think after the trailer/short gameplay in the conference and the private/public showing, they’ll feel more comfortable with telling us things (even if we can’t see it)

I kinda said my hopes for what I wanted to see in another thread, but supposing we don’t have an extra “everyone can see” hour long game play being hidden here, I just feel ok seeing any new rad augmentation being shown, even in a trailer!

Last edited:
Eh, shit...

So, If both gameplays are gonna be private, even the "public" one, what are we really left with?
Is there some stream-confirmed content? At least a trailer or interviews?
Or are we really left with just articles?

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I haven't found it.

Eh, shit...

So, If both gameplays are gonna be private, even the "public" one, what are we really left with?
Is there some stream-confirmed content? At least a trailer or interviews?
Or are we really left with just articles?

Sorry if this was mentioned already, but I haven't found it.
we're left with the "misarable" MS stage trailer/10-15 min at max gameplay. We can still fly to LA, right? :ok:

Top Bottom