Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Lol, short gameplay or trailer would be more than enough for me.
I just wanted to know what is officially announced and if there is some schedule.

"I see people are still confused about this, so let me make things clear. At E3 there's going to be TWO different showings. A private one - Behind closed doors, only influencers and press have access to this. Basically, they get an invite from CDPR. A public one - Everyone who attends E3 can see this, ez peasy. Both showings are gonna be held inside a theater, and we know the demos will be different. People aren't allowed to record footage/audio, and no gameplay will be streamed/uploaded. "

From Discord server.

So no presence at Microsoft conference confirmed yet.

They will, for the first time be showing stuff in the public area.

Last edited:
Most likely will keep it under wraps until Gamescom (which is in August) and then will release the demos publicly afterwards, probably so European journos/con attendees do not feel shorthanded. They did the same with the demo last year (the 48 min. demo was released on the last day of Gamescom IIRC) and again with Witcher 3 stuff years ago.

I'm expecting a trailer to drop however, to accompany the hype wave that E3 will generate.

Most likely will keep it under wraps until Gamescom (which is in August) and then will release the demos publicly afterwards, probably so European journos/con attendees do not feel shorthanded. They did the same with the demo last year (the 48 min. demo was released on the last day of Gamescom IIRC) and again with Witcher 3 stuff years ago.

I'm expecting a trailer to drop however, to accompany the hype wave that E3 will generate.
Well, TW3 didn't have any public showcase, while CP2077 will be shown to E3 public as well, but not to people at home (except for whatever comes on MS stage).

The worst part is though, again this year the "professionals" get to check something out while real fans will be left waiting.
Couldn't agree more. It would have been awesome if CDPR just handed out random invites to forum users and subscribers of the subreddit, but that would never happen.

I don't recall it, I remember the obvious behind closed doors, the live gameplay on MS stage and the video released to public (all the public, not only for the attendants) at gamescom 2014.

Couldn't agree more. It would have been awesome if CDPR just handed out random invites to forum users and subscribers of the subreddit, but that would never happen.
They do it sometimes for hands-on impressions (like with The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition, Blood and Wine and Thronebreaker), but that's much closer to the release and so far it was mostly limited to the polish forum users.

They were far more transparent with TW3 at E3 and well, in general. I find it odd that after 7 years they still can't show in depth info. I mean that's the deal here. The last video was vertical slice. We have no clue how accurate it is now. We know next to nothing about the actual game mechanics or open world. Again - this game was announced 7 years ago. Anyone familiar with their PR around something like TW2 or TW3 has to be scratching their heads right now.

Last edited:
They were far more transparent with TW3 at E3 and well, in general. I find it odd that after 7 years they still can't show in depth info. I mean that's the deal here. The last video was vertical slice. We have no clue how accurate it is now. We know next to nothing about the actual game mechanics or open world. Again - this game was announced 7 years ago. Anyone familiar with their PR around something like TW2 or TW3 has to be scratching their heads right now.

Agreed.

One might (just might) think this isn’t really building up hype anymore, but rather speaks more of insecurity.

Last edited:
We know next to nothing about the actual game mechanics
This.
And we're definetely not going to find it out from clickbaiter... ehm, youtubers or journalists. We need a PROPER presentation, where stats, builds, levels and loot will be addressed in details. We all know the game will have good graphics, FPS mechanics and an excellent narrative, we need to know WHAT the game will be (and no, "action RPG" is not enough, diablo, fallout NV and TW3 are all considered action RPGs and differ in almost every aspects)

This whole behind closed doors garbage is a bunch of absolute crap.

.......unless we get the release date or reasonably small release window at e3. Then its ok.

I'm fine with waiting more for the next gameplay demo video, just like last year, but above everything else I want three things: info, info and more info. I want to know more (but not everything, mind you) about the mechanics that haven't been shown yet, the weapons, how far customizations could go, the net, the lore, the classes, the characters, the music, the storyline and the city itself.

However, I must admit that even some quick cuts of new gameplay, a few screenshots of some locations and a map reveal would make my year :ok:

So no release date until after Gamescom then ?

It would be especially stupid marketing tactic considering what happened recently. If they don't show game-play in confident and transparent manner then clickbaiters can go to town with "Is this new Anthem?" stuff now that Jason Schreier sowed the seeds.

In case of Cyberpunk 2077 they are far more transparent when it comes to gameplay footage then with The Witcher 3 (do I need to remind you that we didn't get any until second E3 and the three other behind-the-scenes demos that were shown to media were never made public?) While they are far more tight lipped regarding any info about the game, it seems to be something that they learned from The Witcher 3 marketing campaign, when at the start they dropped a tons of info about the game features, then half of it has either changed or was reduced in scope. This is why they are far more careful when it comes to revealing anything that is still subject to change.

In case of Cyberpunk 2077 they are far more transparent when it comes to gameplay footage then with The Witcher 3 (do I need to remind you that we didn't get any until second E3 and the three other behind-the-scenes demos that were shown to media were never made public?) While they are far more tight lipped regarding any info about the game, it seems to be something that they learned from The Witcher 3 marketing campaign, when at the start they dropped a tons of info about the game features, then half of it has either changed or was reduced in scope. This is why they are far more careful when it comes to revealing anything that is still subject to change.

Like, I do understand that, it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, like last year:

1. They show it to a select number of people
2. Wait for their reactions to show it to the public or not
3. Reaction was overwhelmingly good, decide to then make it available to everyone (with emphasis on -work in progress-)

This time is a bit different because they did it once, so now I suppose people expect to see more, and something more close to what it will look like when it releases.

For them it's more advantageous to do it this way because not only can they measure people's reactions, they have a longer period of the press focusing on the material they show, since it's exclusive.

It's different also because they're showing the game to "normal" people in LA, not only influencers, so I don't really see why the "normal" people at home should be considered less important.

Top Bottom