Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Either the game is not in a state yet that is representative of the final version (which would pretty much rule out a 2019 release), or it is just more effective marketing not to show everything at once. Trailer at the Xbox conference, 10-20 minutes gameplay after E3, then one hour of gameplay maybe in August, each time there will be hype for the game again.

It's different also because they're showing the game to "normal" people in LA, not only influencers, so I don't really see why the "normal" people at home should be considered less important.

The stuff that will be shown at the public zone at E3 will probably be made available after (unless that's not how it goes, feel free to correct me).

It's different also because they're showing the game to "normal" people in LA, not only influencers, so I don't really see why the "normal" people at home should be considered less important.

That's the thing though, we're not less important, if anything we're more important. We are the majority, we are the more fervent fans, we will be the ones to judge each second of a video meticulously and watch it 99999x times. They probably don't wanna show it to us right away because they need our first impression to be good.

Of course I want to see the game, as someone who's very eager to see anything, I'm sad about their decision. But at the same time I see how it's better from their point of view...

For me that's perfectly reasonable. Many people will dedicate a lot of time and money to visit E3 for Cyberpunk specifically, so allowing them to see a little exclusive sneak peek before everyone else makes sense... as long as the footage will be eventually released for everyone to see.

The stuff that will be shown at the public zone at E3 will probably be made available after (unless that's not how it goes, feel free to correct me).
That's not what they said:
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid @Rawls that you're incorrect, at least according to Sard and Lilayah on Discord.

Everyone can go read what they said for yourself if you'd like, but here's screenshots.
That's the thing though, we're not less important, if anything we're more important. We are the majority, we are the more fervent fans, we will be the ones to judge each second of a video meticulously and watch it 99999x times. They probably don't wanna show it to us right away because they need our first impression to be good.

Of course I want to see the game, as someone who's very eager to see anything, I'm sad about their decision. But at the same time I see how it's better from their point of view...
That's why they have behind closed doors events: they ask competent people who know what "work in progress" and "pre-alpha gameplay" mean (journalists, youtubers are there only because they want their slice of free ads) and receive their feedbacks.
Random E3 attendants have nothing more or less than people at home like me or you. What's the point in making a "open door presentation" private? Give them a branded gadget for free if you want to make them feel special, there's no need to exclude millions of people from information.

I think Shavod has nailed it the answer is MONEY . What would the point be of people paying good money to go to E3 and everyone at home sees the same stuff for free . I mean they have said that people wont be able to play the game so what does that leave for them ?

That's not what they said:

That's why they have behind closed doors events: they ask competent people who know what "work in progress" and "pre-alpha gameplay" mean (journalists, youtubers are there only because they want their slice of free ads) and receive their feedbacks.
Random E3 attendants have nothing more or less than people at home like me or you. What's the point in making a "open door presentation" private? Give them a branded gadget for free if you want to make them feel special, there's no need to exclude millions of people from information.

By not showing it to us right away, they are able to prolong the hype. Imagine: these people that see it will probably be all over the web talking about it. But at the same time, since its a work in progress, its not like they "promised" anything even though it's closer to launch than before. I stand with my previous arguments, they are doing it do build hype and get that advertising going. If they plan to release the game this year for example, they'll probably want to drag it as long as they can until launch.

Also, just in case: I'm not defending anyone, I'm just speculating on their motives. I am sad cause before everything I thought that the press people would be able to play it and show us and all LOL. Well at least I'm 99% sure we'll get a trailer at the Microsoft Conference and maybe a shorter gameplay, it can't come fast enough.

- again they confirmed that they have no plans for CP2077 VR support, because implementation of it would require too many changes to the game

I really hate that one.
Everytime I read something like this, it means "VR controller support", while it's not an obligation.
VR support may as well just lock the view to the VR googles (+ headtracking instead of controler moved camera) and that's it.
That's the reason why in most game we cannot have native VR view and have to use 3rd party injectors, but those doesn't gives the same result as native VR implementation.

Worst of it: I don't know which engine C2077 use, but in some of them you just need to tick a box to make the game VR (actually some VR mods consist of just that: ticking that box...).

I really hate that one.
Everytime I read something like this, it means "VR controller support", while it's not an obligation.
VR support may as well just lock the view to the VR googles (+ headtracking instead of controler moved camera) and that's it.
That's the reason why in most game we cannot have native VR view and have to use 3rd party injectors, but those doesn't gives the same result as native VR implementation.

Worst of it: I don't know which engine C2077 use, but in some of them you just need to tick a box to make the game VR (actually some VR mods consist of just that: ticking that box...).

They use their own custom engine. will be the Red4 engine for CP2077. and clearly it doesn't have VR support since the development of it predates the current VR fad.

The current VR technology is not suitable for games. I believe it will take a long time to break through this point.
Post automatically merged:

VR is currently available for movies, fixed-point games, slow-paced games

The current VR technology is not suitable for games. I believe it will take a long time to break through this point. VR is currently available for movies, fixed-point games, slow-paced games

That's not true, there are plenty of action games for VR. Including Skyrim VR.

The current VR technology is not suitable for games. I believe it will take a long time to break through this point.

Nope, there's a lot of action games, and actually FPS is very present in VR.
The only thing with action games in VR is that you have to have your VR legs before playing it.

BTW, I know a couple of guys from the press who are attending the behind closed doors, let's see if I can convince them to pay attention to some gameplay details, if not ask directly.
It’d be awesome if you can get them to do that. No harm in asking directly either.
Yep, he has an interview with CDPR at E3, he just copied (a more detailed version of) the questions below in his word document for the interview and promised he'll ask CDPR for clarification on details. It doesn't mean he'll have answers.
He agrees with me that suspension of disbelief should be reduced compared to TW3.
He also agrees with our disappointment for not being able to see the presentation and feels sorry for the fans at home.
Cool guy, I know.

1) Level system in details: what happens in case of headshot to an enemy levels higher than V? TW3 (bullet sponge)?
2) Loot: level gated (TW3), looter shooter (lvl 3 gun < lvl 7 gun < lvl 7 epic gun), realistic (deus ex HR)?
3) contextual animations (doors, items) or same as the old demo?
4) netrunning?
5) crafting?
6) different approaches and different builds: how is gameplay influenced?
8) Stealth: is it there or not? To which extent?
9) how much "immersive-sim" is the game?
I'll let everybody know at the end of the embargo IF he gets some answers others don't ask for. (y)

I have been trying to set up an interview at E3 2019 since mid March without any luck :( I guess I'm lower priority being industry with a tech giant versus media but I am still very much intrigued to anything they will show during E3 and how it compares and contrasts to what we saw last year. Hopefully I will still be able to squeeze in to ask a few questions and meet some of the talented team!

What Lilayah said was that the footage won't be streamed, which doesn't exclude the possibility of it being uploaded later in video form.
Those are the quotes I could find, yes. As I said, other quotes appear to have been removed, or simply lost to the Discord machine.

At any rate, Naz (mod) seems confident the footage won't be uploaded. I guess you can take that as you will.

I certainly hope they are wrong, and the footage does get uploaded, preferably quickly. But we will see.

Top Bottom