Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Nobody cares about E3. With social media why waste time with journos and YT chills? Show your products to your customers/fans. Journos hate CDPR and they give them a private show?

I would love to say : CDPR should make their own con! and show everything that way, but hell no.
Nooope! They are going to use E3 for what it is and spend the money they could spend on something like a con and use it on finishing the game, perfecting it, and being meticulous. We are all ok with that for sure. All hail that attention to detail. They should use the time they need to perfect something new and release it when ready. Then blow mind chunks, break twitch, soak up all the flak or fortune and profit.

At this point we can only hope this is all part of the marketing process or something.

Reading some last news now and need to ask. We are not going to see public demo stream at all? Not even uploaded at later time?

I would love to say : CDPR should make their own con! and show everything that way, but hell no.
Making con of your own when you have nothing more then a single game to show would be a huge waste of money. I think some people are really overestimating how big actually CDP is right now. I mean they are definitely much bigger then most, but to reach a similar status as some of the game publishing companies they still have a long way to go.

Reading some last news now and need to ask. We are not going to see public demo stream at all? Not even uploaded at later time?
We won't see it as a stream, but as a uploaded video most likely yes.

Making con of your own when you have nothing more then a single game to show would be a huge waste of money. I think some people are really overestimating how big actually CDP is right now. I mean they are definitely much bigger then most, but to reach a similar status as some of the game publishing companies they still have a long way to go.

Yeah, there is no way a con should happen anytime soon at all, that would be stupid af.
I was just mentioning that because CDPR is using E3 to release big things. They are saving money by not doing their own stage show thingy, or like just releasing everything over a stream from the 2077 site or something.
There is strategy to the way they release any info.
Understandably, that is happening because lots and lots of eyes are focused on E3 and really focused on CDPR during it.
I even don't care about much else coming out of E3 if it is not from CDPR buuut...
Some people are treating E3 like it is only for CDPR and are getting super disappointed because, it seems, that not much is going to be said/shown about 2077. A lot of comments are treating E3 as if it were a huge CDPR con where all the answers are coming about the game, but it's just E3. CDPR is going to use it as an outlet to get out the info they want to and then get back to work on 2077.
Don't get me wrong, E3 is a big deal, but we can't expect everything to be said there, especially with Gamescon trailing right behind.

2077>E3

With that said, I love what Warframe does with Tennocon and would love to see a melding of The Witcher franchise and Cyberpunk in one place IRL. That would be a trip and a god tier nerd-out zone. <3<3<3. Maybe after a few '77 expansions or something...

Sad day for me. I can understand now showing last year but now?! after all the hype created. Bad decision. bad, bad. I feel like a second class people now.

We arent getting what at their booths. That doesnt mean we wont get a huge e3 presentation with gameplay etc.
Post automatically merged:

There are alot of baseless assumptions being made due to CD Projekt not showing their booth demos to the public.

This has really no bearing on how much we at home get in an e3 conference.

I still wanna see everything they can show us, but I really want to know what is the specific reason of showing behind doors. Is it to show off certain mechanics or/and character customization ectect? Is there a really really interesting thing or concept that isn't ready for public consumption yet? Or maybe it is something that isn't 100% official for the story? Maybe some things they want to show haven't been OKed by Mike yet? Or could screw up some of the story...for RED...spoilers?
Annd they are gonna show the "pro special people" for some reason??
We are all going to get an idea of what it is sooner or later, even if it is people doodling it all on napkins straight out the theater room.

I dunno. Confusionfacefordays.

Whatever it is, everyone is in hardcore standby mode and the hype is thick...like butta.

Relax, they already said that those not attending E3 will not be disappointed. I mean seriously, it's CDPR we're talking about, at least wait until E3 before making assumptions. Was on reddit yesterday, man, people exploded like crazy, and they didn't even know what they're screaming about. Funny how you give a match to a mob and they'll find a reason to light it, even if the reason isn't there.

Relax, they already said that those not attending E3 will not be disappointed. I mean seriously, it's CDPR we're talking about, at least wait until E3 before making assumptions. Was on reddit yesterday, man, people exploded like crazy, and they didn't even know what they're screaming about. Funny how you give a match to a mob and they'll find a reason to light it, even if the reason isn't there.
I won't be disappointed only if they'll show us full demo right after or during e3. Because all fans deserve it as much as journalists and youtube clowns

There are alot of baseless assumptions being made due to CD Projekt not showing their booth demos to the public.

Yeah, but there isn't any solid data either. Therefore baseless assumptions are a given. This is why transparency is a good thing.

Having some experience at life, I assume info isn't given because the studio isn't sure how they will or can pull this off - things are chaotic - but still it should be something to plan for earlier.

Maybe you should just let them do their thing, wait for the actual event and be happy that a cyberpunk-game-making-studio-on-such-a-grand-scale even exists. Love and devotion for the game, no lootboxes, singleplayer campaign,... Aren't you all tired by now from finding reasons on all the 'disappointment' that has yet to happen - which it very likely won't anyway?

'disappointment' that has yet to happen - which it very likely won't anyway?
Oh well, demo looked disappointing to me in the moment it showed the same game mechanics I didn't like in TW3. It was work in progress, but I expect a serious improvement from TW3 (4 years have passed already), not "TW3, but in FPP".
Still an excellent game, but some mechanics were IMHO poorly designed and just copy-pasted from several other games without properly fitting. I hope they'll show this on MS stage (probably not) otherwise people at home will need to rely on clickbaiters and journalists.

That's another story, I was referring to the unfair disappointment from some about how they won't see anything, but don't even know yet what will go down at E3.

Regarding the 2018 demo, they may have fixed things that are bothering you, but in the end, there's too many of us and some will unfortunately be displeased with the mechanics, yeah.
All in all, I still think we're in for a wild ride!

That's another story, I was referring to the unfair disappointment from some about how they won't see anything, but don't even know yet what will go down at E3.
Noone really thinks we won't see anything at all, the problem comes when E3 attendants will see more than us from home during the cinema presentation. Doing semantics, some may say that "no streaming" doesn't mean "no video uploaded", but what's the point in not saying it from the beginning if that's the case? Anyway, better safe than sorry, they'd better understand that people don't like to be treated like "second class gamers" (it reads more aggressive than I actually am, just an advice).

On reddit, in Rest of the world topic Lilayah offered this answer:

Europe, Asia, Africa -> they are still there and there is quite a lot happening in those parts of the world, not just US. When it comes to Cyberpunk 2077 -- we will be covering what exactly happens there, political situation, economics and other topics a bit later in the future.
But just to give you a glimpse- US is not the only one "Big player" in the world.

PS: when I wrote this post, I made it in my language. For a few minutes I was uncertain what was wrong with it.

This might help put things into perspective

Basically, main argument if I understand it well is: Not showing until graphics ready because placeholder.
Considering we already had the "Shiny Shiny Action Shooty Bang Bang!" trailer, I hope we'll finally be able to see some RPG mechanics.
Actually I would not even care if it's not video, I only wants to see how much liberty in customisation of V the games offer, particularily about the social system.
I wish I could see what the "cool" stat affects.
I wish I could see which social skills are available in the game and what they does.
I wish I could see how staying pure (well, mostly...) affects your empathy compared to going full borg.

Top Bottom