Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Am I the only one that thinks E3 2019 is going to be killer?

Nope, I've been standing by since last E3. I'm pretty sure CDPR is planning on showing things in tandem with Gamescon, so what we may think is limited info may just be a drawn out way of generating the most energy toward Cyberpunk. Everyone should know by now that 2077 is going to be saturated by an interesting marketing campaign. When it starts is anyone's guess, but I'm thinking CDPR has some interesting tricks up a few of their sleeves.

But I'm not fretting about any of it.
Looking forward to the podcast Sunday .

True story.

Cdpr will attend Gamescom . ( I have confirmed it on the Gamescom website. )

So I don't think E3 will announce the release date because they have to decide whether the closed-door demo is acceptable and will be evaluated and revised after the end of E3.

So I think it may be up to Gamescom to announce the release date at the earliest. ( Well...the fastest )

So I don't think E3 will announce the release date because they have to decide whether the closed-door demo is acceptable and will be evaluated and revised after the end of E3.

So I think it may be up to Gamescom to announce the release date at the earliest. ( Well...the fastest )

I could see that, but i think it more likely that E3 is used for 2077 and Gamescom is used for the unannounced title.

Either way, i think we get a November release date.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think they will feel ot nessecary to revise or even release their closed door demo if the release date is this year.

I have really stopped thinking about a release date.

When it's ready then it should be released. Nuff said.

I gotta feelin it isn't as far along as people think it is and I really don't want it to come out premature.

If baby needs more incubation period then baby gets more incubation period. #wecanstillwait

I have really stopped thinking about a release date.

When it's ready then it should be released. Nuff said.

I gotta feelin it isn't as far along as people think it is and I really don't want it to come out premature.

If baby needs more incubation period then baby gets more incubation period. #wecanstillwait

I think the complete opposite. I dont think anyone forseeing this game as far off is paying attention.

I steadfastly assert this will be a late 2019 release. Schrierers bad, contradictory attempt at backpedaling and covering his tracks gives me even more confidence.

I think the complete opposite. I dont think anyone forseeing this game as far off is paying attention.

I steadfastly assert this will be a late 2019 release. Schrierers bad, contradictory attempt at backpedaling and covering his tracks gives me even more confidence.

If that is the case then I am excited even more. I just hope everything lines up with what R. Talsorian is doing because RED.

It would be beneficial to release things before the holidays, so I can agree to an extent. I just want 2077 to be set up for success, so if it needs more time CDPR should take it.

Whatever the case, 2020 is going to be the year for Cyberpunk. People are going to be playing whether it's RED or 2077.

Am I the only one that thinks E3 2019 is going to be killer?

I've been a huge marvel comics fan since childhood, but Square enix's new avengers game supposedly premiering in E3 barely registers on my radar right now. (Partly because marvel has EXTREMELY poor track record in regards to video games in my opinion.)

All I am thinking about is CP2077.

You know, you're right...

This part is the "fact" (as much fact as you're willing to believe, anyway -- but I trust Schreier enough to believe he wouldn't outright lie about this):
"I've heard from three sources that Cyberpunk was aiming for 2019, but belief around the studio was that it was an unrealistic target."
This part:

"I expect first half 2020 or maybe even an E3 announcement of 2019, then a delay to 2020 "

Is the OPINION. Nobody in the studio said this is a first half 2020 title, nobody in the studio mentioned a delay. It's speculation on his part.

I, and perhaps others, mixed up the two. So, essentially, what we can take from this is, three sources close to the project are rumored to have said 2019, but the "belief around the studio" was (whenever he heard this info) that it was an unrealistic target.

"Belief around the studio" does not necessarily mean anything.

We will see. If the game is coming out in 2019, I'm 110% certain they will announce the release date -- a specific one -- at E3. If they do not announce the release date, I'm 200% certain this is not a 2019 game. If they announce a window, well, we'll have our answer regardless (for whether it's 2019 or 2020).

as i understood it they kind of had to have atleast a tentative date out by end of this month

You know, you're right...

This part is the "fact" (as much fact as you're willing to believe, anyway -- but I trust Schreier enough to believe he wouldn't outright lie about this):

This part:

Is the OPINION. Nobody in the studio said this is a first half 2020 title, nobody in the studio mentioned a delay. It's speculation on his part.

I, and perhaps others, mixed up the two. So, essentially, what we can take from this is, three sources close to the project are rumored to have said 2019, but the "belief around the studio" was (whenever he heard this info) that it was an unrealistic target.

"Belief around the studio" does not necessarily mean anything.

We will see. If the game is coming out in 2019, I'm 110% certain they will announce the release date -- a specific one -- at E3. If they do not announce the release date, I'm 200% certain this is not a 2019 game. If they announce a window, well, we'll have our answer regardless (for whether it's 2019 or 2020).
Jason as much has said he lied about it in fact that he replied saying that it will have a 2019 release date but will be delayed. he just wants to beable to say he was right regardless of what happens.

Guest 4149880

Just go for 2020 release at this point, plus if CP Red is out before hand it will only lead up to 2077. Lore through.

To me it would just be smart to wait, so that they have more time to work on the game, lore can match up, and people can immerse themselves more. If it was supposed to come out by the end of 2019, that's fine, I just hope it is because they completed a really amazing game.

There's a reason the hashtag says: we can wait. How many other studios have their fans and followers chanting that?
(not describing everyone obviously)
If they have to take the time to refine things because the story needs it then they should.
Not many other studios are in positions where they are able to do that, or even willing to do that.

Guest 4149880

To me it would just be smart to wait, so that they have more time to work on the game, lore can match up, and people can immerse themselves more. If it was supposed to come out by the end of 2019, that's fine, I just hope it is because they completed a really amazing game.

There's a reason the hashtag says: we can wait. How many other studios have their fans and followers chanting that?
(not describing everyone obviously)
If they have to take the time to refine things because the story needs it then they should.
Not many other studios are in positions where they are able to do that, or even willing to do that.

Well 2020 would be an obvious year to release the game and harken back to the original, plus like you said, given more time to have the game in the best condition before release. 2019 doesn't seem likely to me, nor does it make sense at this point in time. In the long hall, releasing 2077 in 2020 will also be one of those "nostalgic" things everyone talks about it. No ones going to say "Hell Yeah the original game was in the year 2020 and Cyberpunk 2077 came out in.... 20...19?" No, talk about a massive missed opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or CP Red launches in august, and CP2077 in fall so both can ride on each others success and boost the profits.

Top Bottom