Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
The real take away is of course the release date.

Welp time to save up for a new PC build
Just now catching up on reading. I always figured a 2020 release date. Isn't the announced date pretty close to the expected debut of the PS 5, or whatever Sony is calling it? Guess I'll just be buying two copies (next gen, and PC) rather than three (current, next, PC). I wonder how many console players will skip the current gen purchase as well.

"As you play and level up, you'll be able to put that experience towards perks in that open up new abilities or buff exisiting stats/skills in 12 branches: handguns, rifles, blades, hacking, shotguns, two-handed combat, assassination, cold blood, sniper rifles, engineering, melee, and athletics. "

Hope that eother the journalist didn't do his work well and missed a skill, or that Cold Blood is actually just a bad choice of name, or else it seems like we're screwed in the social department of the game (while at the same time there is 7 different skills for direct combat).

So compared to the tabletop RPG:
-Body now takes twice as much place: (Strength, Constitution).
-Social Stats gets from Cool, Attractiveness, Empathy (the most important of all outside of fights and the reason why people shouldn't abuse Cyberware) to one stat (Cool).
-Rifle skill turned into 3 different skills.
-Personal Grooming, Wardrobe and Style, Interrogation, Intimidate, Oratory, Resist Torture/drugs, Streetwise, Human Perception, Interview, Leadership, Seduction, Social, Persuasion & Fast-Talk, Perform, have either disappeared, or being included into only one skill (with a strange name if it actually include all that): Cold Blood.

Of course it doesn't for sure says the scenario focus of the game by itself, but it seems that mechanically at least more efforts have been put in the "action" part of the game than on the "social" part.

"As you play and level up, you'll be able to put that experience towards perks in that open up new abilities or buff exisiting stats/skills in 12 branches: handguns, rifles, blades, hacking, shotguns, two-handed combat, assassination, cold blood, sniper rifles, engineering, melee, and athletics. "

12 categories, 8 of which are directly combat related. Combat is clearly the main dish of this game.

And fucking perktrees. Jesus...

Hello everyone. I have a question about fast travel. I've read that the only loading screen was during fast travelling. But do you know if we can avoid that action and just sit in the car to enjoy the ride just for the sake of immersion? I'd love to be in a flying taxi watching the skyline of the city by night. Anything on that? Thank you!

Don't want to sound rude, and I understand that everybody has his preferences, but it it so hard to understand that getting pen-and-paper mechanics and transferring it 1:1 to computer game would be a terrible idea?

Last edited:
While RPS is being disgustingly and unnecessarily PC, there are some tidbits about gameplay that feel actually interesting, though, alas, not in a very reassuring way.

Disregarding PC stuff, they only issue was with the gunplay. I admit, it can be a serious one, but we don't know that yet. Also, I saw no complains about that from other sources, so it may be a perception bias from RPS.

OTOH, other stuff sound very cool. Hacking turrets, bots, cyber-limbs, silent approach - looks like fun for everyone.

Don't want to sound rude, and I understand that everybody has his preferences, but it it so hard to understand that getting pen-and-paper mehanics and transferring it 1:1 to computer game would be a terrible idea?

You say that like wanting to actually have equality between combat mechanics and the rest is "getting pen-and-paper mehanics and transferring it 1:1 to computer game".

Is wanting to have NPC react differenly to Social V (if it can be done...) and Murder Hobo V that bad?

Top Bottom