Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
Well I think E3 main news more or less done. Maybe some youtubers will post their impressions but scouring them all for a single tidbit of new info is too much.

Time to enter hibernation until Gamescom :sleep:

Was there going to be an announcement of that other game too at some point in this E3, or did I read it wrong?

I was wondering the same thing, seeing as though they said it was their biggest, most important E3 yet. I guess the release date for CP2077 and Keanu were what that was all about, which is fair enough. I also suppose they don't want to distract from CP so we'll only know something about the other game once CP is released.

All I actually wanted to know about the other AAA game was the genre/setting. I didn't need a trailer or anything. I'd assume it's an Action RPG but I'm really curious to know whether it's fantasy, steampunk, sci-fi etc,. Just an art image like they did for Elder Scrolls 6 would have been enough.

Wow, they really seem to be nailin' the art of creating npcs with unique, interesting and characterful faces.

And I'm assuming that last pic is the netrunning/cyberspace bit? Looks fantastic, imo.
Post automatically merged:

The bits being reported about how some NPC's set you up and lie is really interesting. Usually in games you take NPC's at face value, but if enough of them are two faced you got to think carefully.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm hoping for a lot of this kind of treachery and backstabbing. Having to gauge someone's sincerity before making decisions can be quite gripping and it makes the NPC's feel more like they have their own agenda rather than being quest giving dispensers in human form.

K.

That’s that. Something interesting, something rather disheartening, something outright bad, still certain things in the shroud. E3 business as usual.

1560377130324.jpeg

So if I'm playing CP77 on the Xbox Scarlett, will I be able to see the ray tracing, since the Scarlett supports that.

Or is the Xbox One disc going to be exclude that potential?

Just skimming through the thread here after a long day of presentations and interviews, so please bear with me.

Guys, calm down, please. Enhancing your weapon skill through usage is still in and the increase in skill will affect your weapon handling.
Currently, we're also planning for that to affect animations, meaning for example that you will see your character reloading more smoothly as you become better. Things like these might change however, you know how it is.

And before you go out and wonder, if this system might not decrease your ability to freely switch to new weapon types: we are aware and are looking at different possibilities for catch-up mechanics. This game is about enabling you to do the things you want to do, and not taking those possibilities away by locking you in.

Hope that clears things up a bit. Always be nice to each other. :)

Guys, calm down, please. Enhancing your weapon skill through usage is still in and the increase in skill will affect your weapon handling.
Currently, we're also planning for that to affect animations, meaning for example that you will see your character reloading more smoothly as you become better. Things like these might change however, you know how it is.
Thanks Miles! Awesome job today!

Just skimming through the thread here after a long day of presentations and interviews, so please bear with me.

And before you go out and wonder, if this system might not decrease your ability to freely switch to new weapon types: we are aware and are looking at different possibilities for catch-up mechanics. This game is about enabling you to do the things you want to do, and not taking those possibilities away by locking you in.

Ok. That really is a certain kind of relief and takes some wariness off my back. Especially the bit about weapon ”handling”. Details lacking, but that’s understandable. So thank you.

Not to try and pressure you, but is it still top secret, or could you shed some light on the smart guns deal, since there was nothing about them in this E3? Are they still as they were, or have they seen some changes?

we are aware and are looking at different possibilities for catch-up mechanics.

Try soft strength (or other stat) and skill requirements for weapons that, if not reached, will increase the penalties the player has for handling them (even severely when the threshold is far away), but which do not prohibit the freedom to use them (just make it ”clumsier” and slower).

Last edited:
Try soft strength (or other stat) and skill requirements for weapons that, if not reached, will increase the penalties the player has for handling them (even severely when the threshold is far away), but which do not prohibit the freedom to use them (just make it ”clumsier” and slower).

I like this suggestion, if you pick up a weapon you have no experience with it then you might find it fiddly to use. This could be shown as taking a few tries to get the clip in or having to search the weapon quickly to find the charging handle.

To expand on that idea, in your safe house you could practice reloading or take it to a range to get your skill up.

Not to try and pressure you, but is it still top secret, or could you shed some light on the smart guns deal, since there was nothing about them in this E3? Are they still as they were, or have they seen some changes?

They're still very much a thing and a super badass one at that.

Guns weren't really the focus of this presentation. We showed them off last year, so this year it's more about aspects that we did not shine so much light on back then: RPG elements, player abilities and most importantly non-linearity of gameplay.

Guns weren't really the focus of this presentation. We showed them off last year, so this year it's more about aspects that we did not shine so much light on back then: RPG elements, player abilities and most importantly non-linearity of gameplay.
Hi, thanks for the info.
When are we getting some info about level and loot system and how do they compare with the ones in the witcher 3?

Yeah. Good to hear.

I was a bit unclear with the question. That’s what multitasking and hurry does. I was asking from an RPG mechanics (and abilities) point of view, similiarly with the issue about gun skills, which you clarified a bit in the earlier post.

And by the way, it’s nice that you responded. Even if you can’t give any deep and hard details, it is beneficial to the community that there is some communication about these matters too, that there’s a concrete idea to speculate about beyond simply imagining what could/might/should be. It keeps the discussion level headed and might produce some interesting ideas too.

Last edited:

Using only guns shouldn't give you catch-up mechanics to melee weapon for example, player should develop it from scratch with 0 advantage. The catch up mechanics should only work where it make sense and logic. Using shootguns should give you some advantage and catch up with pistols and rifles, because if you are better at handling shootgun, then you should have more experience with gun handling overally, maybe using shootguns, you are developing with that weapon rifles and pistols etc, but only 25 % of shootgun increase or something like that.

Using shootguns should give you some advantage and catch up with pistols and rifles

Maybe not pistols, though. Too different handling.

I’d suggest something like.... shotgun skill scaling rifle skills along with it at a rate of... say, 10 in shotguns would drag rifles up to 2 or 3. And handguns and smg’s similiarly. It might seem small, but there needs to be some hefty limit to it, lest the other skills are rendered pointless.

Top Bottom