Cyberpunk 2077 at X0 2018 Xbox Conference?

+
I don't know im just asking. Rumors are MS will announce a console at X0 18. It would be great if CP77 was there to demo the new power of the Xbox or their new streaming box. What do you guys think?

I don't know im just asking. Rumors are MS will announce a console at X0 18. It would be great if CP77 was there to demo the new power of the Xbox or their new streaming box. What do you guys think?
Probably not, the only thing i expect is screenshots before the end of the year. Maybe at halloween or in november, or during the game awards, maybe for christmas or for new year. At the game awards, theres a small possibility it will be a small trailer (cinematic or pre-rendered), even less likely is a gameplay trailer imo. if no trailer, than a batch of screenshots at the game awards is what i expect

Wasn't CP77 supposed to "target current-gen consoles"?

Yes. It'll probably be for both current and next-gen, like GTA V was.

Why would MS show off a new console at anything other than E3?

Yes. It'll probably be for both current and next-gen, like GTA V was.

Why would MS show off a new console at anything other than E3?

because most console reveals happened at their own conference. have u bee following games the last 15years?

Plausibility aside, that's still a confirmed statement. They said "only current gen."
I'm only finding one official statement from CDPR on this and in it Patrick Mills says:
"I've heard a number of people say that. The current console generation is what we're aiming for. We are aiming for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and of course PC as well."
Which doesn't use any language limiting it to the current gen like "only." Now this statement is back from a gameinformer interview at e3, do you have a more recent quote that is more specific?

I'm only finding one official statement from CDPR on this and in it Patrick Mills says:

Which doesn't use any language limiting it to the current gen like "only." Now this statement is back from a gameinformer interview at e3, do you have a more recent quote that is more specific?

Nope. That's the one I was referring to. You'll note he didn't say "for now" or "currently."

I think it would be extremely unlikely for CP2077 to suddenly shift to next-gen-only. The game has already been developed for current gen, so adding a few bells and whistles for next-gen might be doable. However, building it up specifically for next-gen would basically require a revamp of the entire engine. Not to mention doubling down on the dev's workload after all the time and effort already put in. It would also cut out a huge, existing player-base.

There would be very few reasons to do this.

Yeah. I get the feeling Animal is soft-trolling again, as per the usual.

If Cyberpunk 2077 does not come out on current-gen (and probably next-gen too), I'll drink prune juice. And I bloody hate prune juice.

Here are a few of the problems with targeting a next-gen only release:
  1. Smaller market share, lower sales. Only early adopters will have brand-new consoles at first. It takes time for everyone to get them (I didn't get a PS4 until it'd been out for a couple years).
  2. You miss the opportunity to double-dip with a next-gen remaster, after already making the majority of your sales from current-gen. Oopsie.
  3. Nobody knows when next-gen consoles are coming out. If 2077 is (As many of us have speculated for years) targeting a 2019 release date, even if only internally, they have no way of knowing whether or not that will coincide with next-gen hardware - yet. I don't think dev kits go out until much closer to release of a console, and then rumors and leaks are crazy because it's impossible to keep a lid on hundreds of development studios and their employees.

I really doubt it is going to be exclusive to either generation, I feel like that would be a real missed opportunity. I'm not expecting a major departure between current and next gen consoles between either architecture or tooling while many of the core development kits, libraries, etc have gotten much better with targeted hardware flexibility. Consequently, I suspect that solidly implemented games won't have an uphill battle to get up to speed on the next gen.

I really doubt it is going to be exclusive to either generation, I feel like that would be a real missed opportunity. I'm not expecting a major departure between current and next gen consoles between either architecture or tooling while many of the core development kits, libraries, etc have gotten much better with targeted hardware flexibility. Consequently, I suspect that solidly implemented games won't have an uphill battle to get up to speed on the next gen.
Agreed. :)

And we can trust you, because hey look buddy, you're an engineer... That means you solve problems.

Top Bottom