Cyberpunk 2077 can't start anymore after patch 1.1

+
Hi all,
after the new patch the game flatlines and doesn't start.

I have also tried to uninstall it and reinstall again without any success via Steam.

I don't use any mod.

Well done team.

I have also open a ticket on your website by attaching trace logs.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFEA047D5E0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have also tried to uninstall it and reinstall again without any success via Steam.

Well done team.

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFEA047D5E0.
I have the same issue. Bought it from GOG. Game worked just fine before the update too.

I uninstalled, made sure all temp and local files are wiped out (the ones I could find anyway) and reinstalled again after I rebooted.. Still won't work and crashes on launch.

Windows and all my drivers are updated.
I turned off anything that might have an overlay. Didn't work.
I even turned off all overclocking and still nothing.

Specs:
i9 9900K
RTX 2080ti
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro

Guest 4520369

Not sure if this is the issue, I found a mod that was causing the game to crash immediately after launching. If you're using mods, disable them and try again maybe.

Not sure if this is the issue, I found a mod that was causing the game to crash immediately after launching. If you're using mods, disable them and try again maybe.
Nope. No mods left at all. I did scrap every remaining file I could find of the game's directory to make sure that mods are no longer there. Game still won't start.

Is your Windows up to date?
Please don't start with stupid questions like this one.

The game was working until yesteday.

And of course every fucking thing is updated in my PC.
Post automatically merged:

i don't use mods and i have also tried a fresh install :(

Last edited:

Guest 4520369

Please don't start with stupid questions like this one.

The game was working until yesteday.

And of course every fucking thing is updated in my PC.

i don't use mods and i have also tried a fresh install :(

Daymn. I feel your pain. After the update, the game choked on startup for me. First thing I checked was game file integrity, then I remember installing mods a week earlier. I uninstalled them and the game launched normally. Since you have everything system wise is up to date and you did a fresh install, this deepens the mystery. In addition to posting here, I'd also suggest submitting a support ticket https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc if you haven't already.

instead, try using latest cyberengine tweaks mod... there is a version up for patch 1.1... i had same problems, but after i updated the mod, it went away and i can play the game fine...

instead, try using latest cyberengine tweaks mod... there is a version up for patch 1.1... i had same problems, but after i updated the mod, it went away and i can play the game fine...
It works by installing this mod

:| :| :| :|

I have the same issue. Bought it from GOG. Game worked just fine before the update too.

I uninstalled, made sure all temp and local files are wiped out (the ones I could find anyway) and reinstalled again after I rebooted.. Still won't work and crashes on launch.

Windows and all my drivers are updated.
I turned off anything that might have an overlay. Didn't work.
I even turned off all overclocking and still nothing.

Specs:
i9 9900K
RTX 2080ti
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro

install this

Hi all,

I don't use any mod.

Well done team.

Hi all,

I don't use any mod.

Well done team.

Okay, I seem to have finally got mine to work

I turned off all my GPU overclocking, including increasing the power and temp limit.. reset it all to default.

Then run the game as administrator.

Try that and let me know if it helps or not. Cheers.

Okay, I seem to have finally got mine to work

I turned off all my GPU overclocking, including increasing the power and temp limit.. reset it all to default.

Then run the game as administrator.

Try that and let me know if it helps or not. Cheers.
i have resolved by installing that mod

Last edited:
Same, had to uninstall all the mods, game would freeze at start, also after that in GOG I did a Verify / Repair,
it will re-download modified corrupted files, and it fixed for me.

Top Bottom