Cyberpunk 2077 censored in Japan

+
The US version is not censored?, right?
They censored trains, car customization, and wall running. (according to what other forum people said, I hope it's not true)
N
Not asking any moderators any questions here because I know that's not allowed, I'm just asking other forum users: does anyone know why uploaded images sometimes randomly turn into gray bars after a day? It's a very annoying glitch or website bug.:shrug:

Last edited:
They censored trains, car customization, and wall running. (according to what other forum people said, I hope it's not true)

Not censoring, removing them all together. And that goes for all versions, regardless of platform or country.

Japan doesn't have a problem with nudity, they have a problem with showing genitalia. The modern obscenity laws go back to the 1950's, though. Why they've held on to it for so long is anyone's guess, but probably a cultural thing - they're a bit weird like that.
So they have no problem's with bear breasts but if you show genitalia they flip out? Lol. So weird.

Keive

Forum regular
So they have no problem's with bear breasts but if you show genitalia they flip out? Lol. So weird.
Well to be fair, breasts aren't the same as that.

The rest of it is just a cultural thing that has been followed suit, doesn't mean that people don't want it to change. It's more that the older generation don't want a change to it, the younger generation does. I'm sure censorship will change in Japan, the question is just when.

dont know if this is 100% true source but according to these charts labeled "Desktop vs Console Market Share in Japan" PC has a stranglehold on the marketshare in JP/nippon. so most likely there will be mods to disable the censorship

Attachments

• StatCounter-comparison-JP-yearly-2009-2020-bar.png
    StatCounter-comparison-JP-yearly-2009-2020-bar.png
    50 KB · Views: 83
  • StatCounter-comparison-JP-monthly-201905-202005-bar.png
    StatCounter-comparison-JP-monthly-201905-202005-bar.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 71
dont know if this is 100% true source but according to these charts labeled "Desktop vs Console Market Share in Japan" PC has a stranglehold on the marketshare in JP/nippon. so most likely there will be mods to disable the censorship

I want to say that statistic is false. The majority of households on Japan don't even have a personal computer. Instead, people just use their phones or game consoles as a means to connect to the internet. That's why many Japanese games are ported over to phones and gaming consoles and not desktops. If it is ported over to desktop, it's mostly to get some market outside of japan.

This is really the only current source of information that I could find. All others that I found were from 2004.

I wonder how Japan will handle censorship in regards to alcohol in Cyberpunk2077? What if V grabs a cold one from the fridge and cracks open a bear? Will Japan censor that?

As an Aussie I can confirm this country is hard af when it comes to drugs in games and in general

I'm liking Japan more and more, they have a rational perspective on things. No need for all this nonsense in the game.
less content = a good thing? :confused::(:eek::rolleyes:

I'm happy if everything is optional in the settings menu. The more content the better for me anyway :)(y)
Censorship is one of the saddest things from humanity :censored:

Hi, i am not a Japanese but i live in japan.
As i know, you can still sell the game here without passing the fuxking ESRB rating.
It's Sony store and department store that require what they sell have the ESRB rating.
But now in 2020, i wonder whats really matter for not selling cyberpunk in department store?
People will get it from amazon. And even you place a censored version at the store,
most of us wont buy it but simply buy a PC version or oversea import PS4 version
(Its legal to sell the uncensored version in Japan).
Post automatically merged:

The Japanese version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be heavily censored, according to gamesradar. Sexual content will be 'revised', including the customization of character's genitals, breasts and buttocks. Nude characters, female or male, will be wearing under garments and will not be removable. Graffiti that also features sexual content will be removed.

This comes to a shock to me, as the Australian version will not be censored, given their history on video games as a whole. What's really weird is that many Japanese games, have a ton of nudity, but some how nudity in Cyberpunk 2077 is not allowed in Japan? Honestly I'm confused by this.

I just hope the Japanese fans have another means of getting the uncensored version of Cyberpunk 2077, when it releases.
Because its not the law which prohibited nudity or so, its just the retail system won't sell games which not pass a ”volunteer” rating program. If you can sell the game at your own, then simply ignored it.

Last edited:

Keive

Forum regular
Hi, i am not a Japanese but i live in japan.
As i know, you can still sell the game here without passing the fuxking ESRB rating.
It's Sony store and department store that require what they sell have the ESRB rating.
But now in 2020, i wonder whats really matter for not selling cyberpunk in department store?
People will get it from amazon. And even you place a censored version at the store,
most of us wont buy it but simply buy a PC version or oversea import PS4 version
(Its legal to sell the uncensored version in Japan).
Some things work a certain way even if there are ways around it that makes it seem dumb. For example, where I live there are two fast-food places, both McDonalds, literally on the same street, and yet they'll have different deals for things, why would I bother going to one if the other always ends up cheaper? Some things have no actual logic.

If i don't want to see such things in a game, it's my business and problem, but I don't want anyone to decide for me and forbid what I can do or see in a game what will be released for adults!

Exactly! If the US or any other country did this, everyone would cry foul. But since it's Japan, it's OK for many people. Don't know Japan get the special treatment.

Top Bottom