Cyberpunk 2077 - Complete List of Issues

+
--THIS POST MAY CONTAIN MISSION SPOILERS WITHIN LISTED ISSUES OR OTHER SUB HEADINGS SO YOU'VE BEEN WARNED--

The release of Cyberpunk 2077 has been... unpleasant. I'm sure there's a bunch more issues with the game than what I've outlined here.

But remember this post is not a bashing post, it's designed to help CDPR diagnose issues/problems with the core design of Cyberpunk 2077.

We can only hope that most if not all of these issues outlined here are being worked on... or that CDPR know about them. As a QA guy, this doesn't look good for anyone right now.

So let's do our best as the consumer of their product to do our best at helping them outline problems. But let's not forget this game was in development for 8 years... doesn't matter if that was conceptual or prototyping it took 8 years to get to this state.

So let's try to help CDPR get notified on what we as gamers believe is wrong with the experience... I know there's already a mega thread for this but wouldn't hurt.

These are all my notes after playing the game, I'll keep this thread updated as more issues get discovered... but it's 5am right now so might not be updated right away just be patient.

If you do have issues, please follow the "Format" at the bottom of this post.

ISSUES:

• Please remove the square cursor... it's massive and obnoxious
  • Game sound plays in background after minimised
  • Dialogue trees don't change or take into account the NPC just answered something, aka repeated lines of dialogue from "extra info options" but treated as if it's the first time the NPC has mentioned it with the main option
    • Mission "The RipperDOC" - can ask about fixer before being told about said fixer... Vik acts like he didn't just tell me
  • Forced story elements aka paying off a guard at the start... with zero benefit to the narrative
    • Lacking player choice
  • Forced character bonding with Jackie, as Nomad, but it's a montage of missions... rather than involving the player in that bonding process, the player is just expected to care
  • Car starts before you get in it... and turns off when you get out... not sure if that's a feature lol
  • Auto centering camera whilst driving... without an option to remove this
  • Driving inside night City feels horrible
    • Outside of Night City felt amazing... so the feeling from dirt to road is inconsistent
  • Reflections causing shimmering when in vehicles
  • Slow car chases causing them to be bland and boring
    • Start of Nomad campaign - Hides on the same road within 5 seconds after chase sequence?
  • The game uses multiple keys for "use actions" rather than a section wheel... or "E" to do most things. Can be annoying to remember what button does what
  • Press to sprint is kinda buggy and not always works as intended
  • Characters don't always cast shadows - doesn't matter what settings you use
  • Broken side mission - *** unable to pay for fight... or any indication as to why I can't pay for it
  • The Heist Mission
    • Broken indoor neon's
    • Weird crouch bug - auto stands then crouch becomes locked (most likely due to having "C" as the dialogue skip key and crouch
      • Double tap direction to dodge... may be connected to the crouch lock
    • Dying with 1 health left... not isolated and is a widespread issue
    • Reload save file to black screen... had to restart the game
    • Instantly detected when AI state hasn't changed... or player isn't in view of the enemy?
    • Hacking camera's sometimes won't work... zero feedback loop as to why
    • Camera's can still detect you whilst in cover... widespread issue with other AI enemies
    • If an enemy is alerted but facing the other direction... sometimes they can't be taken down, button prompt doesn't work?
  • First Johnny mission... puts weapons away even though you're in a combat state... AGAIN NOT AN ISOLATED ISSUE
    • Also... skips potential for a boss fight during this mission?
  • Guns auto remove from holster all the time... no quick and easy way to holster them
  • UI elements require to many clicks
    • Completely cluttered UI system
  • Can't access journal related submenu's when looking at missions... vice versa for all other sub menu's
  • Jackie's bike breaks a lot and becomes stationary and the player is not able to ride...
  • Automatic Love Mission
    • NPC generated character takes my money before agreeing to accept the money
      • Terrible info for $900... that's a bit steep for a simple - go to the next room
      • Walked through VIP area = shot at... player is able to walk through the sliding doors as an NPC is coming out
    • BOSS FIGHT - Soooo OP and needs fixing - every weapon I had didn't do much damage to a guy NOT WEARING ANY ARMOR
      • This boss caused a progression block to occur because none of my weapons were strong enough - difficulty: Hard
      • Already half dead due to terribly placed autosave - mid combat + spawn action delay on player movement
  • Even after patch 1.05 still getting called during other conversations
  • Able to clip through objects to takedown enemy
  • Combat can still be triggered in "stealth" (crouch when not seen) in some occasions
  • Enemy spawns in front of player
    • AI can sometimes despawn when not looking in their direction
  • Zero consequence to timed dialogue sections
  • Double Life Mission
    • Texture neck flicker on Judy when she's sitting down
  • Scanning in BD not always working... detection is a little off on what I can and can't scan
  • Can be in a call underwater... ??
    • Can also remain underwater forever without drowning with both a car and motorbike
  • M'ap Tann Pelen Mission
    • Forced to Jack into some random guys computer with no option to question what he's doing, V just let's him do it
      • For the future that seems like a very unsafe practice...
      • Dialogue options move without touching them
  • Walked the line Mission
    • Locked player run after jacking the van
    • See through geometry before climbing busted elevator shaft
  • Transmission Mission
    • Sparks shoot out from nothing as the power starts up
  • V blindly follows people into stupid situations... without questioning it
  • Enemies are able to shoot through objects, cover and walls
  • Ghost Town Mission
    • AI doesn't even shoot at enemies
  • Lightning Breaks Mission
    • Loading Screen to nothing... walk outside and it's the same, displays a loading screen without cause
  • Life During Wartime Mission
    • Characters still on radio's after an EMP blast... all electronics would be fried
  • Gimme Danger Mission
    • Break into facility by driving... then AI continue to shoot you if you stop, rather than question you
      • Autosaves in combat
    • Able to be hacked from over 70m away?
    • Able to hack me through walls
  • Play It Safe Mission
    • Robots check inside where the last sniper is... only to make this section harder
  • Traffic keeps disappearing in front or behind the player
  • Automatically stands after jacking/hacking a computer when in crouch/stealth
  • Sometimes picking up weapons on the ground will equip that weapon rather than... add it to your inventory
  • Last Caress Mission
    • How did that dude leave to get a helicopter with blood all over his car... without being stopped by Police
  • Where is my mind Mission
    • Strange colour shifting... not sure why
  • Hand blood decal not attached to hand texture... shows hovering over instead of being attached (near the end of the game)
  • GOG SPECIFIC
    • Achievements not showing in-game
    • Achievements do not unlock if you've played without GOG/Steam running

MAJOR ISSUES:

• Performance without DLSS enabled is terrible
    • On non RTX GPU, GTX 1080, on max settings (1080p) = ~35fps
  • Overall performance using displacement shaders in scene is terribly unoptimised
  • Lower CPU usage when using max settings @ 1080p... roughly 20% lower CPU usage in some cases
  • Graphic options not changing much in game
    • Texture options don't change texture quality at all
    • Texture option will sometimes force high when trying to select lower quality options
  • Contrast/gamma is completely off during the day time
  • Progression block
    • Mission progression being tied to being in a car with no way to fix or reset a stuck car... please stop that
  • Traders/merchants both selling and trading is completely inflated and unbalanced
  • Difficulty level balancing issues - played on Hard
    • Overpowered enemies = bullet sponge
    • Player weapons do little to no damage, even after using the same gun they had
  • Lack of money for completing main quests
  • Noisy textures and reflections caused by DX12 API - needs fixing asap
  • Forcing TAA off causes lower overall game performance
    • Also hides other in-game visual inconsistency issues with straight lines
  • Corrupted game saves - reported as when the save hits 8MB
  • Boring start section of the game... super slow chase/weapons didn't do much damage on Hard
  • Zero cutscenes
  • Unoptimised training area, performance is just as bad with basic shapes and textures than an entire city?
  • PC specific controls aren't great... requires player to use more keys than required... compare to console version
  • No option to disable FORCED AA - there's hidden options for it in the config files
    • Running the game via HDD and not an SSD causes similar slow texture/LOD issues as the last gen versions - THIS IS NOT ISOLATED TO LAST GEN
  • Razer mouse - deathadder - causes stuttering with higher than 500 DPI
  • Auto save function constantly saves the player mid combat - the second combat starts, meaning when the player spawns they die because there's a spawn action delay on player movement?
    • Also auto save locations are varied and not at the start of main dialogue sections
  • Braindance sequences not really providing the player with accurate information and seem more like filler over an actual meaningful gameplay mechanic
    • Disaster Piece Mission
  • Crash to desktop whilst changing resolution
    • CTD - whilst changing monitor display (using 3 screens)
  • Down the Street Mission Progression Bug
    • Waiting for Takemura to call still doesn't trigger after 24hrs - meant to be fixed with patch 1.05
  • Dodge key behavior on PC was a complete oversight and very intrusive to how you fundamentally play a game
  • THE ENDINGS
    • Provides little satisfaction to the players journey
      • One ending wastes the players time with cognitive tests... that ultimately lead nowhere

MECHANICS ISSUES:

• Misrepresented the game having cutscenes with their CGI trailers... I only saw 1 at the end game
  • Driving feels floaty and unresponsive
    • Braking doesn't react as you'd expect
    • Vehicle physics are wrong
  • Dialogue tree provides false choice to the player with only a few instances where there's multiple "yellow" options
  • Combat
    • Weapon variety is overlooked - on hard
    • Weapons are over priced
    • Weapon damage is terrible and such a grind to defeat trivial enemies - hard
    • Hand to hand + melee combat rendered useless
    • Shooting doesn't feel fun... at least on hard it feels like a chore
  • Wanted system is completely broken - wanted status disappears if you drive far enough
    • Police AI is completely broken - Spawns behind or ontop of the player position in combat state
  • UI is cluttered and noy easy to navigate at times
    • Having to constantly set highest DPS at the top is a real annoyance
    • Not easy to see what the player picked up verses what's better at first glance
    • Very convuluted to check mods enabled
    • Cannot easily tell which weapons have a sight and/or weapon mod
    • Cannot remove a weapon mod without it being destroyed... umm ok why
  • With a focus on the future... there's not a lot of futuristic elements... if you take away the Deus Ex style upgrades and BD's... with these being few are far between, without them what's left, not a lot?
  • Unclear narrative elements... why do I need to get involved with Arasaka... most of the game is dead ends without leads or leads are randomly given to the player without a sense of accomplishment
  • Waiting for characters to show up... the game forces the player to time skip in a single location rather than telling them to come back at a specific time?
  • Taking shards and installing them... wouldn't that be redundant seeing as Johnny's shard is still technically in V's head... or did I zone out on that story element?
  • V's sickness... NPC's don't react to V spitting up blood and nobody surrounding you cares
  • Not being able to craft in combat is a complete oversight
  • No indicator to stop hacking attempt at all
  • All enemy AI are immediately alerted if one guard detects you... rather than a gradual detection
  • Objective waypoint doesn't always track the closest route correctly
  • Weapon damage isn't clear... HIGH DPS yet low damage output (difficulty on Hard) !<

FIXES:

• None
FORMAT:

*Windows Version
CPU
GPU
GPU Driver version
"Explain issue and was it repeatable or not!?"
Windows 10 1909 - OS Build 18363.959
I7 8700K (No OC)
MSI GTX 1080 (tested with both OC on and off)
Nvidia Driver - 460.89

P.S. Waiting for your moderators to approve this post on the Cyberpunk 2077 sub reddit it's been in the "awaiting approval" stage overnight...

Steam on PC

The problem is, getting over to his gig is out of the question since I've already completed his one and only gig.

Pretty solid and comprehensive list. Pretty sure you covered most of them
Hopefully this gets pushed up

Doubtful, my thread over on
Pretty solid and comprehensive list. Pretty sure you covered most of them
Hopefully this gets pushed up
Reddit has been completely ignored by the moderators... so, we'll just have to see.

Hopefully we can get a larger list going, but the thing is people need to reply in order for the thread to pick up.
Post automatically merged:

I already said "Steam on PC"
Oh sorry... was super early in the morning when I wrote this thread and replied

Top Bottom