Cyberpunk 2077 could be the first AAA game to have a transgender playable character

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Azriel7;n9503741 said:
Polygon, kotaku..etc censor users posts

Oh, we do that too. If you break the Rules, that's exactly what happens. Free speech is a thing you have, if you have it, from government interference. Not from private operations.

Kind of like going to someone's house and deciding to talk angrily about ice cream prices. In swahili. All night. Right beside a sign that says, "No Swahili or Ice Cream talk in this house, thank you!"

We also push the view that CDPR games are the BEST EVER and that the Ponies love you and that it's all Redge's fault.

Some of those maaaaay be just me, though.

Sardukhar;n9504031 said:
Oh, we do that too. If you break the Rules, that's exactly what happens. Free speech is a thing you have, if you have it, from government interference. Not from private operations.

Kind of like going to someone's house and deciding to talk angrily about ice cream prices. In swahili. All night. Right beside a sign that says, "No Swahili or Ice Cream talk in this house, thank you!"

We also push the view that CDPR games are the BEST EVER and that the Ponies love you and that it's all Redge's fault.

Some of those maaaaay be just me, though.

Yuusss...we trully live in a Cyberponie world..wait..Cybercroquet?..wait Cyber...opossums..yes...Im onto you Sard!! You and your Sardgenda!...who's knocking at my door at this time night?

walkingdarkly;n9504071 said:
Yuusss...we trully live in a Cyberponie world..wait..Cybercroquet?..wait Cyber...opossums..yes...Im onto you Sard!! You and your Sardgenda!...who's knocking at my door at this time night?

Cloak Division. Stay Where You Are, Please.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9560051 said:
You know what would be really cool? If some of the romanceable female characters turn out to be a transsexual, you know, like one of those "actually I'm a boy" scenes.
It would certainly be amusing if it happened once, more then once however would be overkill.

Transgenderism could be best treated through near future speculation. There's of course things like inhabiting an entirely prosthetic body of the opposite gender you were born in, but I also wonder if the kind of future tech portrayed in Cyberpunk 2077 could allow for, say, have custom tailored gametes for transgender people and people in homosexual relationships: putting the genetic material of a biological woman in a blank sperm cell, or that of a man in a blank ovule to be fertilized by yet another man, etc. I honestly find the idea fascinating and think it lends itself to a lot of debate and philosophising... not sure if it'd be safe in this day and age to have anything like a debate or presenting this as a "moral question/choice" with more than one stance, but, uh, okay.

Decatonkeil;n9561121 said:
I honestly find the idea fascinating and think it lends itself to a lot of debate and philosophising... not sure if it'd be safe in this day and age to have anything like a debate or presenting this as a "moral question/choice" with more than one stance, but, uh, okay.
But it won't look like it belongs here, in a game written with "Tarantino approach" and rock'n'roll. Or noticed.

You can't seriously say you seriously cared about wasteland children's life in Fallout 2 for example, since silly writing overlaps it.

metalmaniac21;n9561421 said:
But it won't look like it belongs here, in a game written with "Tarantino approach" and rock'n'roll. Or noticed.

You can't seriously say you seriously cared about wasteland children's life in Fallout 2 for example, since silly writing overlaps it.

I don't mean hammer it in all the time or have it super hidden. Just that if they used that kind of idea for the backstory of a particular NPC or mission, it could be ok. It could be for example something to do with the frozen tailored gamets or... vat grown balls of this famous person or very important member of a corporation. They get stolen or tampered with someway. Maybe we steal them, we recover them, protect them, you name it. Traditional noir stories don't usually translate as is into cyberpunk media. They tend to feel the need to add a bit of speculatory sci fi edge into the mix to justify their filling space in it or justify why the writers chose the near future setting when they could just have used a more traditional noir setting. You can transform a theft/kidnapping story into something like this:
- Actual body snatching through cyberbrain hacking.
- Identity theft on the net.
- Threatening to erase the eghost/digital recording of the personality of a deceased loved one.
- Stealing someone's genes.
- Stealing someone's frozen embryos.
- Stealing someone's frozen nads.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9560051 said:
You know what would be really cool? If some of the romanceable female characters turn out to be a transsexual, you know, like one of those "actually I'm a boy" scenes"

I expect an insane amount of dialogue options here for the reaction. From "oh, gross!" to "well, I'm happy I'm not the only one here..." or "Now that we're talking about having secrets..."

Sardukhar;n9504031 said:

With your permission I'm going to save this to use it in real life.

MadqueenShow;n9562721 said:
With your permission I'm going to save this to use it in real life.

That should be easy to remember. Now that I think of it, is there a cyberarm equivalent of writing notes in the palm of your hand in Cyberpunk 2020? Like an option?

MadqueenShow;n9562691 said:
I expect an insane amount of dialogue options here for the reaction. From "oh, gross!" to "well, I'm happy I'm not the only one here..." or "Now that we're talking about having secrets..."

Daily reminder that traps arent gay.

Decatonkeil;n9562901 said:
That should be easy to remember. Now that I think of it, is there a cyberarm equivalent of writing notes in the palm of your hand in Cyberpunk 2020? Like an option?

There's cyberware for EVERYTHING. And like a certain internet rule, if it doesn't exist at the moment, someone will make it.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9563011 said:
Daily reminder that traps arent gay.

\

eneedless074_09.jpg

Decatonkeil;n9561121 said:
Transgenderism could be best treated through near future speculation.

In 2020 transgender issues are a watermark in the pages of a history book, especially when you can take a trip down to the doctor's office where you can get new eyes, a bio sculpted face, chest, butt, groin, body or you can go full borg replacement with this Alpha Class kit. In Night City everyone from good looking up to drop dead gorgeous has fake Everything. So all that you've wrote is just a Tuesday night at the local Bio Sculptor office.
Alpha Class.png.jpg

walkingdarkly;n9564221 said:
So all that you've wrote is just a Tuesday night at the local Bio Sculptor office.

I think this is a great note to end on and since we've had a nice mature discussion without any stupidity, let's call it here, shall we? I feel like the Dumbness Missiles keep just missing us and, well, I like that. Anyone objects, PM me and I'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom