Cyberpunk 2077 - Craft bug - Can't drop, sell or disassemble iconic items

+
The title says it all, when I crafted/upgraded jhonny's iconic items I realized two things, first one was that it didn't consumed the lower grade version of the item (the rare shoe/jacket stayed there while the epic version appeared) the other is that I can't drop, sell and disassemble those items and they weight on my character (in other words if I try to make the legendary version I will end up with 3 jackets one of each rarity that weights 3 to a total of 9 bulk in my inventory)

Edit addendum: Also noticed I also can't store those iconic items in my safe house as weapons too couldn't be stored (River's "Crash" revolver can't be stored, sold also)

Attachments

• CraftIconicBug.png
    CraftIconicBug.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,321
The title says it all, when I crafted/upgraded jhonny's iconic items I realized two things, first one was that it didn't consumed the lower grade version of the item (the rare shoe/jacket stayed there while the epic version appeared) the other is that I can't drop, sell and disassemble those items and they weight on my character (in other words if I try to make the legendary version I will end up with 3 jackets one of each rarity that weights 3 to a total of 9 bulk in my inventory)

Edit addendum: Also noticed I also can't store those iconic items in my safe house as weapons too couldn't be stored (River's "Crash" revolver can't be stored, sold also)
same here, its filling my inventory cant even upgarde them anymore let me know if there is a fix thanks.

Its not all iconic items, I don't think. I have a couple now and they don't have the quest flag marker on them. They seem to be working correctly but they aren't ones I want to advance with.

I have the same problem with multiple items. One of them is the River's revolver... Hope it will be fixed in the future update. I can't even read the description of those items and they have the yellow quest mark or something like that.

I have the same problem with multiple items. One of them is the River's revolver... Hope it will be fixed in the future update. I can't even read the description of those items and they have the yellow quest mark or something like that.

I had the same issue with Crash (Rivers Revolver). I did find a workaround though, if you do a mission that makes you disarm then when Crash gets put back its the normal version. I can confirm it will go in Vs Stash.

(I did Gig: A Lack of Empathy where you upload malware to a club, you can disarm at the metal detector by the entrance if you are doing the optional objective to not enter combat).

It didn't fix Johnny's items though, those are still bugged for me.

Cyberpunk2077_XLB3cTQDpc.jpg

Yea... this is game breaking.
I am close to a point where I can't run no more and I cant drop, sell, scrap theese items.
It's AWEFULL!

Another thread mentioned this may be due to the perk that lets you craft without using up the crafting supplies.

Yup, this has taken half of my carry capacity and its so lame having to stop and break things down every 2 steps. Between this bug and random deaths from literally nothing I think I'm done playing this game. Over 100 hrs in, played a few of the endings but not the good one but I don't even care at this point. I don't want to play with so many game breaking bugs.

I just wanted to chime in. I have the same problem. I upgraded Dying Light gun two times, now I have 3 Dying Light's and I can't destroy, stash, or drop any of them. Here are some details that will hopefully help with debugging:

Before doing the shooting range quest, I levelled up my crafting to 18, and I tried upgrading my gun twice. But the original gun was not consumed. It just made copies. Each copy had a yellow exclamation point.

Then, I thought maybe if I finish the shooting range quest, the exclamation point would go away (I read somewhere on the internet that maybe that would work). Funnily enough, ONE of the gun's exclamation points did go away after that quest (I think). Anway, there are two guns with exclamation points, and one without....but I can't sell/destroy/drop any of them.

All three guns seem to be tied to each other. For example, if I equip the Dying Light, then all three show up as equipped in my inventory. However, when I go to the "Stash" screen in my apartment, only ONE gun shows up in my inventory. However, if I try to stash any of them, I will hear the stash noise, the screen will refresh as normal, but the gun remains in my inventory.

After one of the exclamation points went away, I tried "upgrading" another Dying Light. The upgrades now generate completely new guns, which I can sell/destroy/drop. BUT the original three guns remain green and un-upgraded.

Hope that helps. Luckily my 3 guns is only 12 lbs. Some other users have hundreds of pounds of items they can't unequip which obviously breaks the game.

I'm afraid to do any more upgrades of any weapons now....especially if they have a yellow exclamation point. I guess I'll have to make a save before every crafting session. I really think we should be allowed to destroy any item, even those with exclamation points...we should just have a warning prompt us to make sure that's what we want to do before we break down exclamation point items. Or at the very least, we should be told that that item is a quest item or something and can't be "upgraded" until it's no longer a quest item? Or at least, when it's upgraded, ensure that the original is properly consumed. Hopefully, the bug fix doesn't just fix the problem going forward, but allows those of us already with this problem to break down any bugged item (at least with a confirmation prompt). Thanks.

Top Bottom