Cyberpunk 2077 Crashing on run [Patch 1.62] (Flatline)

+
Hi, I'm new to this forum

Since the new patch [1.62] The game has been crashing on launch. I acknowledge that my GPU is below the minimum specs to run the game but previously to the update, believe it or not, I was actually running a stable 80 FPS with no crashes or anything, I might even go as far to say that I have probably played the most glitchless Cyberpunk playthrough to date. My GPU is an Nvidia Quadro K5200 with more CUDA cores than the minimum required but a slower clock speed of 666mhz. So more powerful as the original card was used in 2015 for industrial-level editing and 3d rendering so in that sense more than capable, the speed is all that's wrong. As for the other parts in the PC they are pretty good I would say.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Frequency: 2.904 GHz
Number of cores: 6
Overclocked to 3.9 GHz (And yes I have tried resetting to original speed for all overclocked items in my PC before running)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI Motherboard

28GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666mhz (2773mhz OVCL)

M.2 SSD: WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0
Capacity: 931.5 GB

The point is, I'm really not sure how to fix this, I have tried basically everything possible to fix this as recommended by other threads and updated my drivers for everything, rolled them back, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, verified installation previously and now and its still not working. If its any help the Cyberpunk 2077 process seems to stay running and use 20% CPU in tskmgr and it also cuts out my razerchroma lighting, possibly due to the Cyberpunk custom lighting. The custom lighting does not show however.

Thank you

Attachments

• report.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot 2023-02-07 210742.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 210742.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot 2023-02-07 211101.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-07 211101.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 193
At first, if it's not already done, I highly recommand to send a ticket directly to the support for help ("Contact Us" button).
With as much details as possible (and maybe a Dxdiag too).
Then, you're on which platform ? (GOG/Steam/Epic).
If on GOG, at least, it could be possible to rollback your game to the previous version of 1.61 (before the update if available or even 1.6 if not).
GOG
1. Go to your “Installed” section on GOG Galaxy
2. Select Cyberpunk 2077 and select Manage Installation → Configure…
3. Disable the auto-updates option, choose your preferred version, and click OK.
On Steam, I think it's possible too, but not as easy... On Epic, no idea :(

At first, if it's not already done, I highly recommand to send a ticket directly to the support for help ("Contact Us" button).
With as much details as possible (and maybe a Dxdiag too).
Then, you're on which platform ? (GOG/Steam/Epic).
If on GOG, at least, it could be possible to rollback your game to the previous version of 1.61 (before the update if available or even 1.6 if not).

On Steam, I think it's possible too, but not as easy... On Epic, no idea :(
Yeah I'm on epic I don't think there's a definite way to rollback. :(

Yeah I'm on epic I don't think there's a definite way to rollback. :(

No, there is no way to rollback on Epic. It's a bare bone platform to be honest. Shamefully all things considered in fact. Steam makes it needlessly difficult to rollback but at least it's possible.

In other words, you'll have go through more troubleshooting or wait for the next patch.

One thing I don't see you mentioning, have you ever used mods? Ever? Uninstalling and re-installing through the normal ways isn't enough to get rid of them. Neither is simply disabling them through the launcher. The only way to fully get rid of them and revert to vanilla is through a clean install. Which, FYI, if you haven't tried, is worth a try regardless of mods. I mean, what do you have to lose, right? The game can't work less than not at all.

No, there is no way to rollback on Epic. It's a bare bone platform to be honest. Shamefully all things considered in fact. Steam makes it needlessly difficult to rollback but at least it's possible.

In other words, you'll have go through more troubleshooting or wait for the next patch.

One thing I don't see you mentioning, have you ever used mods? Ever? Uninstalling and re-installing through the normal ways isn't enough to get rid of them. Neither is simply disabling them through the launcher. The only way to fully get rid of them and revert to vanilla is through a clean install.
No, Never used mods.

Also worth a try is a clean install of your drivers through something like DDU. Again, assuming you haven't tried it yet.

Clean install of the game :
Ok, shame (so only GOG provide an easy way to rollback games...)

Clean install of the game :

Ok, shame (so only GOG provide an easy way to rollback games...)

Yeah, definitely a perk GOG has over every other platform. For some reason CDPR understood it's a very valuable tool to add to their platform but everyone else seems to think it's meaningless.

I mean, I get it, developers certainly prefer you operating on the latest versions of their software but sometimes the previous version just works better. I'm still on 1.61 pre-DLSS update myself. I have no reason to update since I'm "only" sporting a 3080ti.

This update to 1.62 is really bad. Can't play it anymore on my 2nd PC. 1.61 was just running fine! What a bad update... (n)

I have the same issue as you.

Tried verifying files & deactivating mods. Still persists.

Attachments

• report.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 62
  • stacktrace.txt
    159 bytes · Views: 59
Running now after a few tries. Still having issues though as eg quickhacking not being available for some reason. Troubleshooting rn

Setting up a clean install but it seems likely that that won’t help. A LOT of reports saying the rain forest in Arasaka tower is a crash magnet.

Yeah, before the latest update, I never had crash issues (and I don’t use mods.)

After I updated, I’ve been having random delays/stuttering and crashes on occasion. My drives and all are all the latest. Hopefully it’s quickly fixed.

Top Bottom