Cyberpunk 2077 - cyberpsycho friend? (picking cyberpsycho's side)

+
how do you think, should V be able to make a cyberpsycho friend?
we know that there's random event where V can help killing cyberpsycho for max-tac, but if V would save cyberpsycho by killing max-tac that's after him instead, would the cyberpsycho see V as equal and become friends with them, or would he betray V after they finish with max-tac?

1595525489550.png

Last edited:
there will be methods to non-lethally subdo a person who is afflicted by cyberpsychosis. we don't know how your relationship with that particular person evolves, or if it can. hopefully there's a quest that gives a tight but meatier story about helping someone on the verge or in the midst of cyberpsychosis.

but if V would save cyberpsycho by killing max-tac that's after him instead, would the cyberpsycho see V as equal and become friends with them, or would he betray V after they finish with max-tac?

Someone running amok who has to be stopped with an above-average extreme level of lethal force will suddenly develop a positive emotional connection to you for helping in a pickle? Appears doubtful under most circumstances; you'll just be another target at the end of a barrel, blade or fist.

Oh, as for our in-character posting quota, ahem...

Attention citizens,

Assisting and aiding active cyberpsychosis shooters is a serious offense resulting in your termination. MAX-TAC/C-SWAT units are highly capable at engaging and neutralizing enraged cyberpsychosis victims and any accomplices alongside them.

how do you think, should V be able to make a cyberpsycho friend?
we know that there's random event where V can help killing cyberpsycho for max-tac, but if V would save cyberpsycho by killing max-tac that's after him instead, would the cyberpsycho see V as equal and become friends with them, or would he betray V after they finish with max-tac?

View attachment 11053064
This would be extremely interesting.

If you we can friend with Maelstrom on that mission, we could have many cyberpsycho friends :)

If you we can friend with Maelstrom on that mission, we could have many cyberpsycho friends :)
I think I listened to a video recently that talked about the lore of Cyberpunk2077 that stated (if I am not mistaken) that the Maelstrom gang isn't technically cyberpsycho, they are just very very cyber-modified, but only to a certain amount. It's interesting because supposedly there are full body conversion cyber-modified people that exist in Cyberpunk2077, that are technically not cyberpsychos, so I think that it takes more than just having lots of cyber-mods to become cyberpsycho.

I think I listened to a video recently that talked about the lore of Cyberpunk2077 that stated (if I am not mistaken) that the Maelstrom gang isn't technically cyberpsycho, they are just very very cyber-modified, but only to a certain amount. It's interesting because supposedly there are full body conversion cyber-modified people that exist in Cyberpunk2077, that are technically not cyberpsychos, so I think that it takes more than just having lots of cyber-mods to become cyberpsycho.
A third of them are сyberpsychos, and another third of them are borderline. Not all cyberpsychos are physically violent. Some have fragmented personalities, some are kleptomaniacs, others are compulsive liars.

It's from the wiki, but i read similar info in some lore books.

A third of them are сyberpsychos, and another third of them are borderline. Not all cyberpsychos are physically violent. Some have fragmented personalities, some are kleptomaniacs, others are compulsive liars.

It's from the wiki, but i read similar info in some lore books.
If that's actual confirmed lore, then that's really interesting. :think: I did not know this.
If this is true, then there must be cyberpsychos that are just friendly people who don't do anything bad who just so happen to technically be cyberpsycho even though they're harmless. :shrug: This may also technically make it possible for V to be a cyberpsycho, while still being surprisingly friendly.

It is, cyberpsychosis is not like berserk mode it's term for mental disorders related to people, who feel themselves godlike creatures with their implants.
Interesting, but I would question- do they always feel godlike because of their implants, or do they feel other negative emotions as well? I doubt all cyberpsychos feel godlike, and I would imagine that many of them feel very bad, or incomplete, or trapped, or regretful in a variety of different ways, rather than just automatically feeling a strictly metaphorical drug-like "high" of superiority over other beings.

I believe this is already confirmed in a way via the last hands-on demos. One of the play-throughs told of the previous leader of the Maelstrom being imprisoned in the compound. Apparently if you sneak in instead of walking thru the front door, you can release him and help him take the gang back from Royce. (The previous leaders name escapes me at the moment)

I believe this is already confirmed in a way via the last hands-on demos. One of the play-throughs told of the previous leader of the Maelstrom being imprisoned in the compound. Apparently if you sneak in instead of walking thru the front door, you can release him and help him take the gang back from Royce. (The previous leaders name escapes me at the moment)
Also you can just told them about virus on money chip which results Militech forces assault and you need to work together with Maelstrom.

The Cyberpsycho loses their sense of identity as a person. They come to view regular people and other living things as weak and inferior.

How exactly does one make friends with someone who is basicly in the middle of psychosis?

"The Cyberpsycho loses their sense of identity as a person. They come to view regular people and other living things as weak and inferior. With their enhanced physical abilities and complete disregard for life, Cyberpsychos are extremely dangerous to anyone that crosses their path. "

Not sure why you think you can become pals with someone who has gone into cyberpsycho mode.

Not sure why you think you can become pals with someone who has gone into cyberpsycho mode.
subdue them nonlethally--which is confirmed in CP2077. cyberpsychosis is treatable through Braindance therapy. once you remove enough of the cyberware overloading your empathic mental faculties, you're mostly you again and then you go through 'normal' therapy to reintegrate into society; in a dystopia, this has varying degrees of likelihood and success, but it's not impossible.

addiction and illness aren't the end of a person. death is. as long as you're alive, you've got a chance. and having someone give a shit usually helps; again, in a dystopia, this has varying degrees of likelihood and success.

subdue them nonlethally--which is confirmed in CP2077. cyberpsychosis is treatable through Braindance therapy. once you remove enough of the cyberware overloading your empathic mental faculties, you're mostly you again and then you go through 'normal' therapy to reintegrate into society; in a dystopia, this has varying degrees of likelihood and success, but it's not impossible.

addiction and illness aren't the end of a person. death is. as long as you're alive, you've got a chance. and having someone give a shit usually helps; again, in a dystopia, this has varying degrees of likelihood and success.

But then you are no friends with a cyberpsycho? then you are friends with someone who used to be a cyberpsycho. Read the ops post again. He says "once we finish killing maxtac together, would the pyscho be friends with me or go on to kill me to" - And i get the generel impression what he means is that he is asking to be friends with someone who is an active cyberpsyko.

And I am saying, in what reasonoable world do you think you can make friends with that person at that point.

Last edited:
The Cyberpsycho loses their sense of identity as a person. They come to view regular people and other living things as weak and inferior.

"Sense of identity" is not the term you are looking for. They still think they are THEM.

Every source material I've read says that its more like they lose their ability to feel empathy and exhibit extreme egocentricity cause they feel strong and unique (which I think is one symptom of psychopathy, along with other antisocial behaviour)

"Sense of identity" is not the term you are looking for. They still think they are THEM.

Every source material I've read says that its more like they lose their ability to feel empathy and exhibit extreme egocentricity cause they feel strong and unique (which I think is one symptom of psychopathy, along with other antisocial behaviour)
All claims comes to wiki text :shrug: . I think they are refer to lose sense what they are human. This doesn't mean that everyone cyberpsycho is the same, i think you can be sort of friend of one. Some people with mental illness IRL can communicate with other people without shredding them to bits.

Top Bottom