Cyberpunk 2077 Day vs Night and Atmosphere Thread

+

Should there be rain and storm in the game?

• Total voters
I want to see something like this in Cyberpunk 2077:cry:
ViiEzNk.jpg

I want to see something like this in Cyberpunk 2077:cry:
View attachment 10979852

a big building would take around 15 years from concept art to finish the build.
And in Cyberpunk world there was a war and a lot of opposite interests that would slow down the urban development & infrastructure. So what cara2100 said; This looks good but to far in to the future.

a big building would take around 15 years from concept art to finish the build.
And in Cyberpunk world there was a war and a lot of opposite interests that would slow down the urban development & infrastructure. So what cara2100 said; This looks good but to far in to the future.
That's a shame. Hope one of their next Cyberpunk games (they most likely will do another) is located in a more distant future so we can see this and other amazing things realized. It would be another kind of cyberpunk. Not so retro and more in line with the last Blade Runner.

Last edited:
More in line with Blade Runner is; well a game in a Blade Runner setting, or perhaps something like Altered Carbon or The Expanse.

Even then, let's not forget gamers generally prefer to have a day/night cycle at the very least; in an open world setting.
If the game is more, narrow "follow the set story line" in style with load screens it's much easier to have it always dark, or always night or whatever.
The two are quite different.

I like happy, colorful and sunny! Toussaint was happy, colorful and sunny during day and absolutely gorgerous at night, even creepy at times, it was on the witcher setting and it worked perfectly too so I don't see a reason for happy, colorful and sunny not working in this case.

This isn't the Witcher. Cyberpunk isn't happy - it's the Dark Future.

I think the trailer and gameplay demo were fine in the sun, but Night City isn't Toussaint and Cyberpunk isn't the Witcher.

Different mileu, different themes, different stories.

I can tell by the replies in this thread there is a general lack of familiarity with the cyberpunk genre. You guys should read some books!!!

We just saw a glimpse of what Night City really is, the best part (at night) is yet to discover and imagine and I think CD PROJEKT RED wanted us now to see that magnificicent part yet, the surprise element!

Guest 4211861

I think it's an interesting look to the game and should not be changed.

Plus, if you like it rainy all the time there will be mods.

But remember, this is California, so of course there is sunshine.

Guest 4310777

I think, they should stick to what they have, but add more pollution. I think a shroud of visible air pollution would be good at ground level, it would give a nice contrast when you ascend to the tallest buildings, which would be the wealthiest and most sterile locations in the city.

I believe air pollution can also distort the visible light spectrum at sunset? Creating a kind of orange glow before nightfall which would be cool.. but I'm not certain about that.

This kind of system could interplay with both the wheather and day/night cycles to create interesting dynamic combinations. Perhaps even some scenarios that reduce the pollution (after a storm..?). I also like idea of having not just trash lying around on the streets, but textures that are stained by pollution and acid rain. A lot of very off coloured concrete and rusty metal would be good. The city definately needs to feel like its struggling to maintain itself on many levels.

Those shots from BR2049 and GITS are cool but, they don't really demonstrate exactly what I'm talking about. I think this could be new territory for the genre.

I though on "Chappie" movie when read the first leaked impresions of Cyberpunk. I love it. But yeah definitely the excelence's Cyberpunk world is something like Blade Runner.

I'm gonna have to straight-up disagree. The air has to be breathable, so it makes sense that daytime looks like daytime. The darkness comes from the fact of what the city is. I just see the daytime as being realistic. Not to mention that dark or light, the place feels dangerous, gritty, tactile, and exciting. That's cyberpunk to me. Did you see the scene walking through that punk-ass restaurant while talking to the corpo after dex, or the scene going through the den with jackie to get to the ripperdoc? I'm not concerned about the feel. I think that people who expect daytime to look like nighttime are just underestimating how dystopian a normal city actually looks.

Why do people keep saying that "dark and gloomy" is a cliche? Almost every AAA game out there is bright, sunny and plain boring. Honestly, how many dark/gloomy AAA games are really out there, with towering skyscrapers, neon lights, gloomy atmosphere and heavy rain? This is nowhere to be found in the gaming industry. You'll have to excuse 60% of Cyberpunk fans for wanting Cyberpunk 2077 to distinguish itself from every other mainstream title out there.

We don't need GTA 5 [Cyberpunk Edition].

Personally I find it tefreshing that they try something different from the standard, glum and dark cyberpunk world. It looked chaotic, overcrowded and had the right balance between oppression and anarchy, with the cops obviously not interested in the masses. And why wouldn't someone keep their appartment clean and functional even in a dystopia?

But I'm pretty sure the night in Night City will be more like you describe.

In Australia, when it gets hot and sunny enough and ur in a rundown part of town/ the country and everything is rusted, peeling and run down it can feel really dystopic and ominous. trust me sunny doesnt always equal good times ahead. just think abt mad max.

Why do people keep saying that "dark and gloomy" is a cliche? Almost every AAA game out there is bright, sunny and plain boring. Honestly, how many dark/gloomy AAA games are really out there, with towering skyscrapers, neon lights, gloomy atmosphere and heavy rain? This is nowhere to be found in the gaming industry. You'll have to excuse 60% of Cyberpunk fans for wanting Cyberpunk 2077 to distinguish itself from every other mainstream title out there.

We don't need GTA 5 [Cyberpunk Edition].

Its a cliche of the cyberpunk genre. In the real world, the sun still rises, clouds dissipate, and people go on about their lives. Why should eternal darkness and rain be the setting for this game?

I hope the next trailer will be grim
-Rain
-Fog
-Night
-Neon
-Huge Skyscrapers
-New District
A completely different Atmosphere than E3 Trailer

Top Bottom