Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

+
The "in depth look" wasn't nearly as in depth as it should've been. The editing was bad and didn't give a clear uninterrupted look at gameplay. Instead it was inconsistent and choppy. Also, here's some things that could be improved.

1. Driving is too stiff, and the camera needs to be pulled back.
2. Gunplay needs more recoil.
3. Mini-map sticks out too much. The Previous compass was less distracting.

1:35 - It may be they're using the default UI (because it's always the same throughout the Dive), but I REALLY hope you can move/resize/toggle UI elements.

I feel obligated to emphasize this statement. The work placed into this demo is appreciated but it leaves me questioning the UI customization options. It may just be me but the UI feels hard to read and look at at various points. The coloring, text, etc. Here is to hoping we can customize that to some degree. Font color, type and size customization options would be one example.

The 15 minute gameplay presentation was way too condensed. We need to see a consistent showing of the gunplay, driving, dialogue, and so forth. The badly edited gameplay made it frustrating in analyze what was happening on screen. We should see the full demo to see what needs to be improved and polished, as we will give you the necessary feedback. The spoiler excuse holds no water, we should see the gameplay without any unnecessary choppy editing.

I got to see the strong solo do work and I'm happy, that's what I was hoping for. I do wish they would show the body tab in character creation I'd like to see the options available there.

The gunplay did look a little weak but the melee looked like it had some good impact which more than makes up for it for me.

Overall I'd say I'm happy, the video was a little bit all over the place and I would've preferred to see a more linear one like last year but it still gave some good info.

So in the Q.A they kind of reassured me on my biggest fear about the game, which would be that there is not going to be a whole lot going on with the open-world

Without going into detail, they said there would be smaller things to do, too, with good variety. I guess you can except some "slice of life" stories within that very unique setting. Which is something I love, (y) I hope there is going to be some good variety in the things that you actually do.

I would like to do some lobbying once again to have more mini-games and activities than the ones already annouced. Again, it's a variety / immersion / interactivity thing that can only add substance to a world and let's you really appreciate an atmosphere that you built. Let us do something rather simple and laid back to fully take in that amazing world.

Additionally, I feel like I need to leave this here. The gamplay today looks a lot blurrier than the last gameplay demo. May not be a severe case since it can happen because of weird video compression or some settings but I just thought about pointing it out. CDPR have had some issues with sharpness setting in the past.... I remember that in witcher 3 people complained about lack of sharpness in image quality so CDPR eventually added an extra layer on the sharpness settings (which ended up being too sharp btw).

The recent blurry visual gave me a flashback of that incident. I hope you guys will notice this. A lot of people love sharp and crisp image quality in their game (including me), even if it means ditching some settings like motion blur, post processing and what not

I've been saying ever since the 2018 gameplay demo CP2077 is a shooter first and foremost, with RPG elements tacked on. But it seems there may be sufficient RPG elements tacked on to make it more then a shooter.

I don't know Suhira honestly the lack of social skill in a game that is supposed to be based on a pen and paper rpg system it is not indicative of quality of a good rpg.

Nobody talks here about the concerning lack of dialogue option granted we didin't seen much but judging by the past demo and this short gameplay dimonstration Fallout 4 seems to have more dialogue choices than cyberpunk 2077 that is not an indication of good quality. Of course the fact that the game have different way to solve the quest with different choice and concequences makes it better compared to it. But still we were told that we would be able to create our character from the ground up and honestly the protagonist may be of your wanted gender and have a degree of customization but is way too much fixed you can't even change the age of it. In some parts your character even talks and you don't have any imput on selecting the line of dialogue.

The lack of the social skill is concerning. As it stand i saw this game like an interactive and reactive FPS with a story. But roleplay elements? Sorry i still don't see them.

And sadly this lead me with absolute disappointment.

Sandsquatch soaking bullet using the magic potion on her back was even terrible to see and not actually cyberpunk by far. Who this game is attempting to please? I am sure it will be a great game but as a pen and paper fan all i get from this is utter disappointment at the point i am starting to regret cd projekt got the license.

Again levels in cyberpunk is a bit heretical also.

This game to me looks like a FPS witcher like shooter wich can be great as a standalone game but i don't feel it cyberpunk. Also this whole idea of a solo that is a sort of terminator where it went the lethality of the setting? Where is the running on the edge?

More Major Kusanagi and less Rambo please.

Overall beautiful art. Excellent voice acting. But not enough cyberpunk feel.

It is far from it in the spirit.

Additionally, I feel like I need to leave this here. The gamplay today looks a lot blurrier than the last gameplay demo. May not be a severe case since it can happen because of weird video compression or some settings but I just thought about pointing it out. CDPR have had some issues with sharpness setting in the past.... I remember that in witcher 3 people complained about lack of sharpness in image quality so CDPR eventually added an extra layer on the sharpness settings (which ended up being too sharp btw).

The recent blurry visual gave me a flashback of that incident. I hope you guys will notice this. A lot of people love sharp and crisp image quality in their game (including me), even if it means ditching some settings like motion blur, post processing and what not

Yes, it's more than obvious that today's demo looks worse than 2018, especially the open world scenes.
I can honestly think of some open world games that I have played on a base PS4 that look equal or even better than this.

Yes, it's more than obvious that today's demo looks worse than 2018, especially the open world scenes.
I can honestly think of some open world games that I have played on a base PS4 that look equal or even better than this.
It's mostly in the open world like you say, when buildings are a medium distance away there's very little detail or texture, so they look a bit like plastic. I just replayed Sleeping Dogs (2012) and its graphics when you roam the city are considerably better. The draw distance in TW3 is better as well. I'm a bit surprised no one else has pointed this out. The interiors are great but the open world looks almost last gen

I'm really impressed the way CB2077 looks like right now :love: I love diversity and the detailed geometry of 3D models.
Good job CDP RED team! This really looks amazing! :ok: I have truly good feeling about the final version of the game.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to experience the full version livestream of the game, but I believe the part that was missing, was focused more on game mechanic and RPG system than on showing off more amazing visuals to us.
Was the video of the gameplay cut throughout different stages of development? I believe still it does not represent final look of the game.
To me, there is a visible contrast in the consistency of object details and how shaders react to the light in the scenes in "Deep Dive Video" video. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable downgrade of the light sources in order to get stable FPS on REDengine 4, on most of the mid-range PCs and consoles. Maybe it's just a desert-like stylistic of Pacifica itself or some early Ray Tracing limitations.
In some scenes, organic models (people) look really like a modeling clay. The lights and shadows does not reflect in realistic way on geometry. Sometimes giving very flat-like impression of the textures.
Hopefully high-end players will be able to turn on higher quality settings for shaders, tessellation and ambient occlusion in the game. I mean those visuals we've seen in the video probably would be computed much better on high end gaming PCs and results in much more realistic depth of the objects (gaming CPU Ryzen 3950x coming this month and 10th gen 10 cores Intel as well, also new powerful GPUs coming in 2020). I hope this game will fully utilise more than just 2-4 cores. I'm sure high-end market components will keep dropping in prices throughout lifetime of your product and polishing all the small details before official release of the final game will only bring you more interest in the future. I believe in you guys and that Cyberpunk2077 is going to look even more breathtaking and will be still relevant in the next 5 years or so, like The Witcher 3. People who will buy this game later, let's say 3 years from the premiere of the game still will need a chance to be amazed with the CB2077 visuals comparing to AAA game titles coming to next gen consoles and PCs in following years.
Achieving hype after hype? No need to worry, I think this game will nail it! :cool:

:coolstory:
Screenshot (39).png

Please, fix cans shape and hovering weeds :confused: in the final version.

CDPR talk is cheap the game still lots to polish, the context driven hack gameplay looks not fun just show tips press a button then repeated again and again from gameplay your have lots to learn that's still your big waekness

The customization was really.... just not what I was expecting. However if it's true that it's more of just a place holder and that's not what will be final then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Also that scene with the cans falling out? That looked really bad... I can't lie it really did.

However, everything else I seen was really amazing. I hope to see more RPG elements and also what to do when you want to play but don't feel like doing quests/missions.
(Also I didn't feel the driving was to stiff but perhaps because I haven't played many games where driving was even possible except just GTA and Saints Row)

I don't know Suhira honestly the lack of social skill in a game that is supposed to be based on a pen and paper rpg system it is not indicative of quality of a good rpg.
Social skills are DAMN hard to do in a video game. Lots of time needed to incorporate them. And let's face it, the Non-RPG crowd generally sees them as a waste of time.
That said, Fallout 1 & 2, Torment, and Baldurs Gate did manage to handle them.

So in the Q.A they kind of reassured me on my biggest fear about the game, which would be that there is not going to be a whole lot going on with the open-world

Without going into detail, they said there would be smaller things to do, too, with good variety. I guess you can except some "slice of life" stories within that very unique setting. Which is something I love, (y) I hope there is going to be some good variety in the things that you actually do.

I would like to do some lobbying once again to have more mini-games and activities than the ones already annouced. Again, it's a variety / immersion / interactivity thing that can only add substance to a world and let's you really appreciate an atmosphere that you built. Let us do something rather simple and laid back to fully take in that amazing world.

This. The thing I want the most right now is side activities where my character can chill after a stressful, dangerous and long mission. A way to pass time between gritty and depressing quests

Extremely disappointed by the presentation and honestly i just closed the dev talk because i didn't want to hear the same stuff about "6 districts" and "fluid class system". Neither gameplay nor dev talk was interesting for people that read/watch about the game, but i figured that since most of the promotional material if not all seem more to be catered around attracting new audience that just heard about the game yesterday.

Still super excited for the game but this does help me not care about interviews and promotional stuff for the game. Maybe when they actually let people play the game and record it but i am over the edited presentations where they explain stuff that has been repeated hundreds of time.

Honestly, i have never been this negative about this game but the marketing surrounding it is just so off-putting.

Top Bottom