Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

+
I am not about that terminator life.

I want to be a corporate karate kid with one handgun Net Runner! If that is possible. I'm game! In this video I saw the character customization skills, and it is interesting. I only hoped that I can punch my way too as a solo build and use cover from other animals while hacking away my way.

Now that I've watched the Deep Dive video in slow motion, I can say: Well, this game won't be the second coming of Jesus Christ, but maybe the second coming of JC Denton.
What I mean by that is: It looks like a really well thought out RPG with lots of options for the players to express themselves inside the world and I didn't want any more. It's exactly what I got from Deus Ex 20 years ago, but with great graphics and a big budget behind it.
I hoped for more: Like excellent shooting/melee/driving, but these look only serviceable – which is still okay, the mediocre shooting in Deus Ex didn't stop me from having fun.
Maybe the gameplay stuff mentioned above will get better until April 2020, and that would be great, but as long as the story holds up to Witcher standards, I'll be having lots of fun.

I think the mini-map should either be on the top or bottom right corner of the screen, not the left corner. I feel like that way, it would be less intrusive. I also feel like the mini map displayed too much unnecessary environmental detail.
Post automatically merged:

I think the mini-map should either be on the top or bottom right corner of the screen, not the left corner. I feel like that way, it would be less intrusive. Also the mini map displayed too much unnecessary environmental detail.

Last edited:
Now that I've watched the Deep Dive video in slow motion, I can say: Well, this game won't be the second coming of Jesus Christ, but maybe the second coming of JC Denton.
What I mean by that is: It looks like a really well thought out RPG with lots of options for the players to express themselves inside the world and I didn't want any more. It's exactly what I got from Deus Ex 20 years ago, but with great graphics and a big budget behind it.
I hoped for more: Like excellent shooting/melee/driving, but these look only serviceable – which is still okay, the mediocre shooting in Deus Ex didn't stop me from having fun.
Maybe the gameplay stuff mentioned above will get better until April 2020, and that would be great, but as long as the story holds up to Witcher standards, I'll be having lots of fun.
The second coming of JC Denton is exactly what this game should be!

There were suspiciously few options here. Not sure what the deal was. I think I counted maybe 5 hairstyles for male V? And 4 options for most of the other face options. Seemed to be a lot of beards, though.

I honestly have NO idea what to make of that character creation system. At first glance it looked awesome, but repeat viewings just confuse me.

EDIT: Side note, not directed at you, but in general -- what spoilers, exactly, did they avoid? I was just chatting about this with a friend. The only thing I think they avoided by editing the video down was the Alt Cunningham face and relationship with Johnny. Otherwise... what am I missing?

Really curious about this! Did you have further discussions about it? After seeing it, it made little sense to me what this massive spoiler could be... Youtuber JuiceHead (who saw the 50min demo) talked about what he saw and said that most of what's missing is just gameplay, showing how the different Vs can do things.

After seeing this video a few times I can confirm I'm not a fan of the way this video was presented. Dunno if this is some new kind of marketing choice for the general public, maybe, but it still looks confusing and hectic to me. I'm happy I saw the other videos about the game first before this, so I can judge from the collection and not just from it.

2 seconds dialogue options, really?
Can't we just be allowed to read what we choose?
Hope we have choices about how the main storyline goes, cause I would be really dissapointed if the game choose for me the factions I'm working with, even more after all this time of talking about how V'liberty cannot goes with joining a faction if it's them to choose for the player which faction V can work with.

There's only one instance of time limited dialogue and it is clearly indicated. Most dialogues won't be time sensitive, as all other in the demo are not. There will be QTE as it is a norm nowadays.

Love the look of how it's coming together. Very visceral. Pacifica looks fantastic! (And simply because the demo and interview went to such lengths to highlight how much you don't want to be walking around on the streets...guess what I'm gonna do, first-thing, upon reaching Pacifica? And I'm going at night. I'm gonna find something cooooool, too. :D)

I was so lost during this presentation. Can we please just get a straight forward gameplay demo?
I didn't like the cut at all, too quick between scenes, we don't get immersed at all, you have to just constantly pause-play to have details soak in, and the introduction eats precious gameplay reelestate with footage to be replayed later...

I can sympathize. But I think the primary concern was showing a few side-by-side comparisons of what different approaches to the same situation may look like without revealing any big story spoilers. Obviously, some serious cut-and-paste was necessary.

Still, the final product felt kind of disjointed and non-sequitur. Mostly a pacing issue, I'd say. Hard to follow at points, but it got the idea across.

(And simply because the demo and interview went to such lengths to highlight how much you don't want to be walking around on the streets...guess what I'm gonna do, first-thing, upon reaching Pacifica? And I'm going at night. I'm gonna find something cooooool, too. :D)
I was planning on doing the exact same thing. And yes, simply because it was said to be a bad idea. :D
Surely it can't be that dangerous...............

I can sympathize. But I think the primary concern was showing a few side-by-side comparisons of what different approaches to the same situation may look like without revealing any big story spoilers. Obviously, some serious cut-and-paste was necessary.

Still, the final product felt kind of disjointed and non-sequitur. Mostly a pacing issue, I'd say. Hard to follow at points, but it got the idea across.

Comon. This "no spoiler" excuse doesn't hold up. They showed the full demo to hundreds of people and allowed journalists to write lengthy articles about what happened in it in detailed at E3

I dunno, the "we want to avoid spoiling too much" sounds like a legit enough reason when viewed from a certain angle. What if someone does want to avoid spoilers, and therefore doesn't follow any interviews/demo reviews/other third-party news -- but does want to see what CDPR themselves show? I know I'm like that with a different game; I'm not interested in spoilers but I do want to keep up with big updates. :shrug:

I dunno, the "we want to avoid spoiling too much" sounds like a legit enough reason when viewed from a certain angle.

Avoid spoiling the story is one thing and I can understand that. Not showing game mechanics i can not. They could have shown us in details how perk tree works, how crafting works, netrunning and engineering, show cyberware section and other parts of menu and interface in details. Describe itemization and so on.. People want that, not the story which they try to hide so badly...

Showing X would disappoint people who are more interested in Y, and vice versa. Showing everything would disappoint people who don't want to see everything (different kind of spoilers). In other words, no matter what is or isn't shown not everyone will be pleased. Looking at just the forums, I'm seeing all kinds of reactions from people; some are happy with what was shown, others wanted to see more, still others wanted to see not necessarily more but different stuff than what was shown.

Showing X would disappoint people who are more interested in Y, and vice versa. Showing everything would disappoint people who don't want to see everything (different kind of spoilers). In other words, no matter what is or isn't shown not everyone will be pleased. Looking at just the forums, I'm seeing all kinds of reactions from people; some are happy with what was shown, others wanted to see more, still others wanted to see not necessarily more but different stuff than what was shown.

With all the respect, but can you name one person from the forum who is interested in watching story spoilers in the demo? On the other hand, all those things I mentioned that people would like to see, should and probably will anyway be described in the game manual once the game is released and I'm pretty sure that most of the people here would give out their kidney so get such details. So what's the problem with showing those details now? For people who don't want to see everything there is only one solution - simply don't watch such materials.

I'm really reasonable (or try to be) person in RL so such explanations don't hit me.

Last edited:
So hyped for this game i am gonna buy it on PS4 and Buy a Google Stadia just to see how it will run on that.

Netrunner style is gonna be the way to go. When things are fucked you can go all in guns blazin. Cyberpunk is hacking and stuff like that, for me anyways.

can you name one person from the forum who is interested in watching story spoilers in the demo?
No, because I don't know all the people here. But even if there are no such people here that doesn't mean there aren't such people elsewhere -- not that I said or implied anything about that in the first place. X or Y could be story spoilers, sure, but they could also be any number of other things. Story wasn't what I was thinking with that post, at all.

There was the big "Work in progress" banner present again, too. Some things could be subject to big changes, and/or not polished yet -- showing such things would inevitably result in backlash, should they be noticeably different in the final game.
And the part about it being impossible to please everyone still applies. Some would want to see details even if they are not locked down yet, others absolutely would not want to see things that could be entirely different in the final game.

That's all I have to say on this subject. I happen to be one who doesn't want to know too much beforehand because finding stuff out during gameplay, even if it's through trial and error, is enjoyable to me. And that applies to all games. So, I may be more easily pleased with demonstrations. Pretty much anything new is cool for me. :shrug:

I happen to be one who doesn't want to know too much beforehand because finding stuff out during gameplay, even if it's through trial and error, is enjoyable to me

So you are the lucky one ;] As for me I'd like to know everything about game mechanics and impact of my decisions, especially if it goes about perk tree, before I make another move ;]

So... yeah... that demo happened o_O Overall, I’m very effing happy about what I saw, despite the demo’s many flaws. I’m not going to list concerns, praises, and observations about it because everyone here took care and is taking care of that already all I’ll just be saying what other people have. I’m not that special anyway :LOL:

There’s lots we haven’t seen from the game yet but, at the same time, I’ve seen almost more than enough, to the point of near overstimulation. I believe now is a good moment for me to “defocus” from it, avoid non-essential articles and news, wait only for any screenshots and videos they might show in the next months (I’m eager to see how the rest of the city looks), and just be patient. Otherwise, I might get fed up of the game before it even releases :facepalm:

It’s going to be a long wait but life has me used to long waits anyway, plus I have a huge backlog to take care of in the meantime :beer:

I dunno, the "we want to avoid spoiling too much" sounds like a legit enough reason when viewed from a certain angle. What if someone does want to avoid spoilers, and therefore doesn't follow any interviews/demo reviews/other third-party news -- but does want to see what CDPR themselves show? I know I'm like that with a different game; I'm not interested in spoilers but I do want to keep up with big updates. :shrug:

In that case they could easily have shown unedited parts of V walking around, killing things, driving, the menus etc... And cut out the heavy dialogue parts.

Top Bottom