Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

+
Or just release the edited version for people worried about having things spoiled for them, and the raw footage people saw at the events for people that don't care.

Or just release the edited version for people worried about having things spoiled for them, and the raw footage people saw at the events for people that don't care.

Keeping in mind what CDPR constantly say, that they cut out the demo to minimum not to spoil the STORY, I'm afraid that the full demo that was shown at E3 does not have the content (related to game mechanics) which we (people from this forum) would like to see. There would be no added value of watching it...

Keeping in mind what CDPR constantly say, that they cut out the demo to minimum not to spoil the STORY, I'm afraid that the full demo that was shown at E3 does not have the content (related to game mechanics) which we (people from this forum) would like to see. There would be no added value of watching it...
Not according to people that saw the raw E3 footage...they say what's missing is raw gameplay, hardly anything spoilery. Plus, it has the benefit of not being so disjointed and all over the place, something the vast majority of viewers would prefer.

Not according to people that saw the raw E3 footage...they say what's missing is raw gameplay, hardly anything spoilery. Plus, it has the benefit of not being so disjointed and all over the place, something the vast majority of viewers would prefer.

If what you say it's true, then I can not understand why those scenes were cut from the public demo ;]

As someone who has invested in buying pc parts just for this game...

Does the graphic quality of the demo look like a bit of a downgrade compared to last year's demo?

The build was using the infamous RTX 2080 TI, but the demo's character models just looked... less sharp, than last year's demo. Last year's demo was using a GTX 1080 TI. I reaaaally hope it's not a downgrade in quality. There were a lot of other issues as mentioned in this thread before (gun gameplay, customization, skills, etc) but right now figuring out that maybe I shouldn't be spending this much money on the game anymore.

There is a disclaimer in the video saying the demo was taken in 1080 and upscaled to 4K, is that the cause of the gameplay quality?

Sources:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/27/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-demo-pc-specs

Last edited:
because CDPR wants to hide what was criticized by journalists and influencers, namely AI, gunplay, melee and driving.
So instead, they make the trade-off to be criticized about the same stuff, plus a shite editing job?
Poor CDPR...usually when choosing between two evils, people pick the lesser, not the greater. :facepalm:

I miss the compass. The minimap was the first thing I turned off when I got my hands on The Witcher 3. Minimaps are too big of a distraction, especially in First-Person games. I would love the option between the two, possibly while in and out driving.

So instead, they make the trade-off to be criticized about the same stuff, plus a shite editing job?
Poor CDPR...usually when choosing between two evils, people pick the lesser, not the greater. :facepalm:
they thought editing was better than that, and still, making a bad video is not as serious as showing the game's (actual) problems. You don't cancel a pre-order if a video is not that good, but if gunplay, driving, AI etc. re bad you may consider it.

I mean, we're all talking about how bad the editing was, not about gameplay mechanics, so the video did its job.

I'd have preferred more honesty, but I understand their reasons. The only important thing now is that they'll fix as many problems as possible before launch, we won't have another chance for seeing the game and give our feedback until release.

Comon. This "no spoiler" excuse doesn't hold up. They showed the full demo to hundreds of people and allowed journalists to write lengthy articles about what happened in it in detailed at E3

It makes perfect sense to me. Very different to show a few hundred people and let them hint in their own way. Far different to put it up publicly so that millions of people see and talk about it.

No different than an artist that gives a few people a peek at an unfinished piece, but won't publicly reveal it until it's done.

Okay so first off so I don't sound like I'm just flaming the game. I love CDPR, and Cyperpunk but the community only has haters, and yes men. Not much for in-between. I had a big issue with this latest "gameplay" demo. So I'm going to try and list them in a constructive sense so you guys can hopefully improve

I get why you cut 50 minutes out of it. I strongly believe you could have done 15 minutes of a edited video and not get crap for it. The biggest fudmental issue with it was the editing not the actual gameplay. The graphics seem to be a issue with the video, not the game so I won't be touching that.

I think the fundamental issue is in fact the lack of gameplay. 12 minutes of the 14 minute video is just useless scenes of panning the city, a small room, with no real gameplay in it. With 2 minutes being proper gameplay. I highly doubt within' 50 minutes of the E3 demo there was only 2 minutes of combat. I strongly think that if you did a cut where you cut out the main story bits, and showed driving, combat, and other pieces of tangible gameplay there would have been no issue at all. And I'd strongly recommend releasing the full-demo for those who don't care about spoilers

This demo was so many super cuts and little gameplay. That in my opinion is the fundamental issue with it. If you had 15 minutes of real tangible gameplay, and not a load of fluff scenes, and commentary it would have been better. If I'm not mistaken the point of this demo was to show different styles of approaching the game. In that respect this "gameplay" demo miserably failed at it. 2 minutes is not enough time to get a good look at how good the gameplay is. And the gameplay we got looked like a COD kill video. If you added meme sound effects it'd be just that.

I love you guys dearly, and I really hope you learn from this :) I get that it's a really hard job. On one hand you have people unjustly hating you, and on the other you have people saying everything you do is right. It's a hard position but I hope you guys can improve.

~PP

Last edited:
So, it seems that the life paths are linked to a specific style...

Nomad - Entropism
Street Kid - Kitsch
Corporate - Neomilitarism

4styles.jpg

As for Neokitsch we will never be able to reach that status. (We can't even buy a new apartment).

I'm going to go against the grain and say I had no major issues with the way the demo was presented. The logic being the demo has to come from somewhere. I'd assume the options are to show real game play intended to be included in the game or build a custom environment to showcase it. The former plays into the spoiler problem and the latter takes time away from designing the actual game. Again, I'm assuming the demo was presented the way it was because they went with the former choice.

Going further, I don't feel much of the information I'd like to know needs to be presented via a demo in the first place. The bulk of that information can be presented in written or verbal form. A demo does not need to spend an hour showing uninterrupted game play to illustrate the overall design goals. It can provide a few clips here or there with general examples of what the game play will look like. Demos have their benefits but the developers don't need to spend time and effort constantly churning out extended game play demos. It's a waste of time.

To toss out an example, the scene with the vending machine sticks out. I saw that as the player needing to get around two NPC's. Instead of engaging them directly the player manipulated the vending machine to distract the NPC's, affording them an opening to slip by unnoticed. In my opinion, this is appropriate use of a demo. The clip wasn't long or involved but it illustrated a potential approach to this type of scenario. It left me wondering if such an approach was clearly presented as an option to the player beforehand or if it was more of an emergent game play type of deal (aka, left me wanting to know more). I did not need to visually see that clip play out further to get the general idea behind it.

With that said.... I was hoping the demo and commentary afterwards would answer the million lingering questions. I didn't come away feeling like it did so. Much of it felt like re-covering information they have previously covered. I'd like to afford CDPR discretion in deciding when and what type of information they thoroughly explain. Still, I was hoping for more :).

they thought editing was better than that, and still, making a bad video is not as serious as showing the game's (actual) problems. You don't cancel a pre-order if a video is not that good, but if gunplay, driving, AI etc. re bad you may consider it.

I mean, we're all talking about how bad the editing was, not about gameplay mechanics, so the video did its job.

I'd have preferred more honesty, but I understand their reasons. The only important thing now is that they'll fix as many problems as possible before launch, we won't have another chance for seeing the game and give our feedback until release.
I dunno...a lot of people seem to be multitasking and doing both. I've seen multiple posts of people criticizing the hatchet editing job and the gunplay, driving, character creation, lack of social-type skills, etc. :whistle:

If anything kills this game, is going to be the hype. I've seen nothing that puts it at a disadvantage with popular ARPG franchises like The Witcher and Mass Effect, which have similarly terrible gameplay and RPG mechanics. But CP77 is clearly not going to be GTA, Halo, Burnout Paradise, or even Cyberpunk 2020. It's certainly not going to be that platonic ideal of a game with awesome shooting, driving, interactivity, graphics, and crunchy roleplaying goodness that I have heard whispered of in the net.

At a guess we have 2-4 (only two are filled) cyberware slots, 4 clothing ones, 3 quick access weapons, and an unknown number of "Pockets" (presumably quick access) slots.
I dunno I thought the two empty slots on the right were additional clothing slots - head and face probably. So hats, helmets glasses, masks, that sort of stuff. Could be additional cyberware though perhaps.
10:27 - THANK THE GODS hacking isn't some QTE! Presumably the number of perks you've unlocked in Hacking and/or the total perk points in the skill determines how many options you have available when hacking. ((I can already hear the "Hard Gate" crowd grinding their teeth.))
I like hard gates better than dice roles, but a hexadecimal puzzle is even better.

I dunno, the "we want to avoid spoiling too much" sounds like a legit enough reason when viewed from a certain angle. What if someone does want to avoid spoilers, and therefore doesn't follow any interviews/demo reviews/other third-party news -- but does want to see what CDPR themselves show? I know I'm like that with a different game; I'm not interested in spoilers but I do want to keep up with big updates.

Even on the demo video they say this contain character and location you will see during main story arc, so watch at your own discretion.

And they could put that at start of 50 minute demo and people can decide if they really want to watch or wait for full game if they don't want spoilers.

I dunno I thought the two empty slots on the right were additional clothing slots - head and face probably. So hats, helmets glasses, masks, that sort of stuff. Could be additional cyberware though perhaps.
Could well be. But I'm also pretty positive there are more then two cyberware slots.

I like hard gates better than dice roles, but a hexadecimal puzzle is even better.
Sure ... for those of us that "speak" hex.

Top Bottom